2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

So by the looks of the photo there will be no pool of water below.

They had a hose attached to the fire hydrant going into the pool as i was leaving. It wasn't turned on but it looked likely it would go in over night. You can see it rolled up in the pool near the extended viewing deck thing in the second photo ;)

Thanks for that.

Claw needs a fresh lick of paint. I wouldn't classify that as a revamp.

The day we are whinging about the garden outside a ride is the day every attraction is world class

I wasn't saying that it needs a complete overhaul but just to bring back some character to the ride, (revamp). I wasn't whining about the garden as hard as you put it, I was just saying that, with the garden gone that it takes away some theming of the ride. And if you look at pictures from when it opened to now, there is a big change. As there is another topic saying that dreamworld is no longer a themepark, only adds to what I was leading for, which that dreamworld needs to bring back original theming (in moderation) in order to become what was once really really great.

They had a hose attached to the fire hydrant going into the pool as i was leaving. It wasn't turned on but it looked likely it would go in over night. You can see it rolled up in the pool near the extended viewing deck thing in the second photo ;)

If they use that to fill the pool, isn't that about a $75000 fine or something ridiculous like that?

Well I did try to look it up, and the only thing I could find (without trying to find an actual regulation about it) was something saying a court could charge anywhere up to $100,000 ($500 for personal infringements) and my previous employer had advised us it was a 75k fine.

Please though, prove me wrong and show me, I'm genuinely curious.

It is illegal to take water from a fire fighting hydrant or fire hose reel, unless it is taken for fire fighting purposes. This applies to both public and privately owned fire hose hydrant/ reels. Ensure that fire hoses are not used for wash down. Not only do these hoses use large volumes of water, use of the hose for a non-fire fighting purpose is illegal and large on the spot fines apply.

A person must not take water from a fire fighting system or water hydrant without the permission, unless the water is taken for fire fighting purposes (Water Supply (Safety and Reliability) Act 2008, Section 145 (1)). On the 2spot fines apply with a maximum 1000 penalty units.

Water supply act 2008

So Dream World could get relevant council permission to use the fire hydrant.

Edited by rac2703

Correct. Dreamworld has approval from the council and local authorities to use the water. (I should have said 'had', because up until now the water has been long gone.

I have spoken to the someone who currently works at Dreamworld and they said they are not sure if it will open this weekend. They will be having a meeting at the start of next week to discuss this. There is a chance they could open it this weekend though, just a few more tests.

They might be opening this weekend but they are going to have a meeting at the start of next week to discuss? "So guys, should we open the ride two days ago or leave it until today?"

If Dreamworld are smart they will open on what is historically the busiest day of the week (a Saturday) to ensure awareness of the reopening and word of mouth. If nothing else, to give the guests as few reasons as possible to complain.

From past experience when I was working at the park, rides need only a day or two for testing - especially when it is just a refurb and not a restructuring or reprogramming of the ride cycle.

I would be a little taken back and possibly a little disappointed if it wasn't open tomorrow.

With the ride in testing adding the water would be the last thing they would be doing, easier and safer to access all parts of the ride when the pool is empty compared to having to deal with water. It also makes no sense to fill it only to possibly for some unforeseen reason have to drain it again.

Edited by pin142