2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

from the vid dreamworld realesed on facebook the water cannons look really good. :D couldnt really see the water in the vid but im shure more vids and pics will be posted in the days to come. i have been working long shifts so i can not get down to dreamworld to check it out myself. :( but when i get a day off i will and get some pics. (dont be counting on it because i have been working 5AM to 8PM) :( it sucks :(

The Wipeout great, the water and light effects look great, and I don't hear anything wrong with the sound. Well done Dreamworld, well done.

As I'am speaking I'm uploading a video of Wipeout which I did yesterday I gave up the thumb ups in the video at the end as well! My Channel is Ninja59able for those who want to subscribe to that channel

Can you please provide a link.

It's quite funny reading through the Facebook comments on Dreamworld's announcement for Tailspin - Most of the comments are about bringing the Mine Ride back

Dreamworld replied to one of them saying this:

Mine Ride has retired and is now doing what all happy retirees do, he is fishing, travelling around in his caravan and spending his children's inheritance. The Mine Ride is not coming back to work, but he loves hearing how happy he made everyone when he was here and working so hard to do just that, create great memories. The area he was housed in will one day become a new adventure for guests, we just don't know what that will be just yet.

Popped in to Dreamworld on my way home from work today to get a ride or two in. Overall i was fairly impressed, but there were a few things about Wipeout that i wasn't too keen on. Firstly the pool at the bottom was hardly full and already filthy. Secondly, the new ride cycle is a fair bit shorter than the previous cycle they were using, and even a little boring. Apart from this though, the water cannons are great and give you a decent soaking if you're sitting on the back. In the front you don't notice it as much. Funnily enough, if you look closely in the video i took today below, you'll see someone lose their phone to the water below. Apparently they could;t go to get it out until the end of the day.

Sorry for the shit phone quality... :/

Thanks heaps for the video! That there is program 1 and they used that when it first opened as it was very busy but still did 2 inversions at the start an angle slow double backflip and then the double backflip as usual but from the front. I just noticed that about the water as well, looks green and only half full. Other than that, looks great. Thanks heaps Casey :)

When you think of it it, The Wipeout is nearly a new ride. I must thank Dreamworld for the effort they put in to make the ride how it use to be and to keep it alive and looking great. As I overheard, enjoy it for the next 10 years of extra life it has received :)

they need a fountain or something to keep the water moving.

Only for a couple of months when it opened they use to have water running down the wave into the pool however it kept making the pool flood sometimes, and it was also making the paint fade very quickly. Edited by Richard

Wow, some people are never happy!

Opps, wrong choice of words haha, I just woke up from a nap when I posted it, thats embarrassing haha.

When you think of it it, The Wipeout is nearly a new ride. I must thank Dreamworld for the effort they put in to make the ride how it use to be and to keep it alive and looking great. As I overheard, enjoy it for the next 10 years of extra life it has received :)

^^ Changed it here but it would not let me edit it again, sorry for that I really do not know what was going through my head then haha