2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

Choice of salad and meat/ham options, similar to what you would get at Subway, not sure about rolls. Pricing was around $15 for a combo. Will be honest and say it is great to see the park offering more than the usual burgers and fried goods. The pizzas looked decent too and the combo (16" + 4 drinks and 4 chips) for $40 is great value for a theme park.

Popped into DW today.

Some observations:

Cyclone is still stopping several times in the station. Unfortunately the old girl is showing its age, as it can get really rough at times. Imo it is on its way out.

Wipeout is running well after the refurb. Although it's still pretty loud...

Tail Spin, my word it's so hard to flip upside down and you need a few rides to master it.

DWTV was shown on TailSpin and Wipeout. It's nice listening to music in the queue.

I found Triple Vortex disappointing. Boring ride, if not the worst in WWW.

My sister snuck a go pro on Cyclone, I'll upload the PoV later.

TOT2 needs air conditioning in the queue, since it gets stinkin hot in there.

Cyclone is still stopping several times in the station. Unfortunately the old girl is showing its age, as it can get really rough at times. Imo it is on its way out.

yep bout time they got rid of it and put a nice shiny new one in it's place but twice as exciting.

Wipeout is running well after the refurb. Although it's still pretty loud...

can't be helped.

I found Triple Vortex disappointing. Boring ride, if not the worst in WWW.

finally someone agrees with me.

TOT2 needs air conditioning in the queue, since it gets stinkin hot in there.

it actually does have it but your only able to feel it if you stand under one of the vents in there...

In my opinion, Cyclone has some life left in it. It isn't going anywhere soon. Don't use SeaScrewCorkViper as a yard stick - the two are very different for a number of reasons, not least of which is the corrosive sea-air atmosphere that SeaWorld provides.

TBH (puts on flame retardant suit) I think MDMC would get tossed before they remove Cyclone - unless of course it gets hit by lightning or something.

Trust me - you'd notice if the air conditioning WASN'T switched on in the ToT queue - tin shed and all - but the problem is the air con units are intended for office residential use, and can't cope with a room that is filled wall-to-wall with people.

Re the Go-Pro video - what you're saying is that your sister violated park rules to film on-ride? I'm no moderator, but I dare say none of the Parkz crew would support you posting videos that were obtained against park rules. I wouldn't suggest posting it here, as i'm sure Richard would prefer to keep Parkz' good name with Dreamworld, rather than see some jittery amateur recording of something most of us have seen, or can see numerous times already on youtube.

TBH (puts on flame retardant suit) I think MDMC would get tossed before they remove Cyclone - unless of course it gets hit by lightning or something.

I wouldn't say tossed, but for some reason I have a feeling they would refurb MDMC before Cyclone. I only say that given it looks like it would be an easier job for them.

Cyclone - retheme the whole queue building, add/repair air con/fans fresh paint, station upgrade so it's not just a tin shed, improve station entry if possible, new cars maybe?

MDMC - it's already bike themed, basically they could just rename it to MC and give it a coat of paint and some new signs. Surely the MD contract would be ending soon wouldn't it?

Let's call it a day on this one.

In future let's try and move away from these 1000+ post megatopics and not be afraid to start a new topic if what we're saying isn't immediately relevant to the discussion above. I've long wanted to see this thread drop off and have other Dreamworld discussions take its place. It makes browsing and finding content down the track so much easier.