Sign in to follow this  
themagician

Works going on at Wet'n'Wild

10 posts in this topic

There is an as-yet unnamed, unidentified BA for alterations to an existing building on the GCCC's PD online:

http://pdonline.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/masterview/modules/applicationmaster/default.aspx?page=wrapper&key=201262

and in my searching I also managed to find this from 2007 which I don't recall hearing anything about:

http://pdonline.goldcoast.qld.gov.au/masterview/modules/applicationmaster/default.aspx?page=wrapper&key=136643#

This one is a DA for a hotel resort at the very corner of the VRTP property, on the other side of WnW, which received approval in 2009. We may have talked about it but I don't remember - it was around the time of the GFC though so that may have changed priorities. The applicant wasn't VRTP (which doesn't tell us much) but if it was initiated by them, this may lend further credence to suggestions they're considering accommodation elsewhere.

AlexB a DA approval only last two years. If nothing has started within that time frame than a new application needs to be lodged. WWW application would have also lapsed by now for stage 3. The application for stage 3 at WWW would of cost around 40000 dollers, being my best guess.

Thanks Skeet - I'm fairly certain that DA approvals can be extended, and don't need to be re-lodged if its for the same thing. This is only what I'm getting from my wife who deals with GCCC, MBRC, LCC and BCC on a regular basis for large construction projects.

That said, I wasn't suggesting the approval as it stood was still current, only that if they were behind the original application, this might backup the current rumors of accommodation somewhere on VRTP property (besides SWR).

They can be extended if you apply before they run out. Council would be very keen to get a start date if an extension was granted. If an BA has lapsed as in this case more the 3 years then council would ask for a new application. Reports written for the application would be not be current and would have to be reproduced to current requirements. I have also heard the rumours for accommodation for the parks and I have heard a lot of rumours of late of accommodation being built on Saganto drive for the parks.

Theres certainly some activity there "Siganto" according to google maps (which is probably 3 years old considering GL doesn't even appear on them), but my meaning as to rumours was actually ON VRTP property... not just nearby.