Sign in to follow this  
downunder196

Rock Your Disney Side ~ Disney Parks Open 24 Hours

3 posts in this topic

As most of you would know today Disneyland Park, DCA and the Magic Kingdom are open for 24 hours to kick off their summer. Although this is nothing new this year the have set up live webcams at various locations. They are:

- Rivers of America (Disneyland)
- Main Street USA (Disneyland)
- Cars Land
- Paradise Pier
- Main Street USA (Magic Kingdom)

The link to the streams is:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/05/rock-your-disney-side-at-home-with-live-streaming-coverage-from-the-disneyland-resort/

The beauty of these streams is that you can catch live shows online (without sound).

- World of Color at 2:45pm and 8pm
- Cars Land lighting ceremony at 12:40pm
- Mickey's Soundsational Parade at 5:30pm
- Fantasmic! at 2pm and 3:30pm
- Disneyland Fireworks at 2:25pm

I know this post is a bit late and some of the events (didn't list them) have already occurred but I thought it was worth a post. Also, apologies if the times are wrong, I quickly converted them from LA time so I may have been a bit out.

I totally missed this thread until now, but stumbled across the webcams from some other sites. I tuned into Rivers of America at 3:20 (without knowing the showtime) and instantly recognised that Fantasmic was about to start.

I had the soundtrack on my phone, so got it cued up pretty close and watched the show with sound.

I'm not sure whether they deliberately switched the camera to black and white night vision for the show for copyright reasons, or whether the low-light aspect of the show meant night-vision was sort of necessary... but it did come back into colour right around the time the Mark Twain did the finale... so not sure either way.

It was good to watch the show again, and a nice little touch to Disney parks that I wish they would do more often (I think every day would be a bit much, although I do remember at one point Wonderland had several webcams supposedly 'live' in different points of the park. (The bloody wombat didn't move for about a year though I think)