Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

Wow - it all happens in the one day. It looks like it is finally the end for the castle and they are increasing the level of 'speculation' about their new project: MI2.

I'm still voting for a flume ride, preferably a hydro lift.

https://www.facebook.com/AdventureWorldOfficialPage

The Rampage will look great with this guy..

post-2597-0-08572300-1407149330_thumb.jp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Wait.. dude food?

Yay - the new scoreboard for the Aqua Super 6 racers should be good.

The rest I was kind of expecting. I don't know where they're going to have room for dinosaur island.

The cabanas sound pretty pricey.

Are they making a second access gate or are they keeping the old one open for more of the season? It certainly was quicker to get in that way (and more so now that they've extended it).

I don't know if you guys have 'Jus Burgers' over there, but they're excellent. Adventure World's food is pretty good by theme park standards, so if this makes it better that would be great to see. I suppose consistency of that high standard is the one thing I'm looking for in their burgers.

Thanks Tim. I don't have access to AW -- all photos were taken from outside (there was actually someone driving around the park in a car this morning). From what I could see up the back nothing has changed. The Rampage's beast doesn't appear to be in place yet, but it's hard to tell. Trust me, I'll be there as soon as they open in a little over a month's time.. presumably after they get their season passes sent out. Apparently there was a problem.

With regards to Dinosaur Island, I don't know how much room they'll have on the Castle's Island. They would probably have to spend a bit of money on reinstalling safety rails. I never caught Dinosaur Island at Seaworld, but I presume it will take up a bit of land. They have plenty of grass - why wouldn't they set the dinosaurs up on a spare patch?

It doesn't really take up that much room. It depends on how they lay them out - Sea World had them laid out along a long pathway through bushes and trees. It certainly was better for it to be 'natural' as well as spread out so each animatronic had it's own 'space'... Plonking them down on a plot of grass would be quite boring.

They have plenty of grass - why wouldn't they set the dinosaurs up on a spare patch?

Thanks Gazza, I think I got there on my own accord - although I didn't call the grass yellow. Just because Perth isn't in the tropics!

Good point Alex - it would be a little boring if it was just plonked down on grass. Hopefully they'll make some effort to theme it up. It'll be interesting to see if they get a tent or something for some of the displays.

So it'll be more like Dinosaur peninsula than Dinosaur Island..

The Latest from Adventure World's Facebook Page.

https://www.facebook.com/AdventureWorldOfficialPage

Once again, the only chance to ride Abyss in the dark during the season. A forest of fog (one 'r' people!), freaky pop-up performances, pyrotechnics (but no mention of a fireworks display) and random roaming ghouls. Still no mazes, but Witchypoo will be making an appearance in Kreepy Kingdom?! (What are we bringing all the H.R. Puff N Stuff characters back now? As long as they don't have any crazy talking flutes).

The Cabanas are coming along. I think I'm beginning to appreciate the value. It's like Gold Class, but for an amusement park. I wonder how secure they will be: will people be going through your fridge when you're out and about?

post-2597-0-20856900-1408859966_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-68667700-1408859997_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...
  • Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide