Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Saturday, 9 January 2016 at 8:34 PM, iwerks said:

Yeah, the site looks better. It seems that you can buy your fast passes online - could you do that before?

You couldn't before, I'm going on Sunday and originally the website had you had to get them at the park first in best dressed. And then I went back the other week when it came time to buy a ticket and it was great - I can buy online.

2 hours ago, downunder said:

You couldn't before, I'm going on Sunday and originally the website had you had to get them at the park first in best dressed. And then I went back the other week when it came time to buy a ticket and it was great - I can buy online.

The only problem with that is if you buy them for friends who don't show up - they're only valid for the day you got them. Just used fast pass at USS - I think AW's $35 pricing is pretty good compared to Universal's $70 (almost as much as it costs to get it).

37 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Universal Singapore also offers advance purchase of fast pass. not sure what the T&Cs are - I imagine they're non-refundable.

If you pay for a friend on the understanding they'll pay you back, and then they don't show, i'd suggest your friend should still pay you back...

Yeah, it would be interesting to see if AW ever got to the stage where they pre sell all their fast passes before the day. Yeah, I think with USS it's worth waiting to see what the queues are like when you arrive at the park. I'm not sure if Australians can pre purchase fast passes for USJ, where they're pretty much essential. USJ certainly made it more of a challenge to prepurchase entry tickets as there are so few sellers here.

Went there yesterday, Kraken was a lot of fun, ha it's good fitness going up that steep hill. Looked like a very busy day. Kraken was an hour wait  I hear, we did the fast pass, so nil or minimal wait. On the whole the slides were all fun - the slide with the tiny mats was hilarious trying to stay on, and fast.

Abyss is a really good coaster, though some seats and  rows are better than others.

A nice little park, with some really good attractions.

^$50 for kids.

Yep, headed to Adventure World today and discovered on entry that they had sold out of fast passes!  Went on Kraken first and rode within twenty minutes.  After lunch, it looked to have a 35-45 minute queue.  We avoided the GP raceway and the rest of the rides we went on had a 5-10 minute wait.

There were plenty of people in the park, with the pool and Kahuna Falls popular in the afternoon. The chairlift is only running between midday and 4pm and Freefall is still MIA.  

Obviously some of the theming has been suffering from Perth's bogan element.  One of the pirates is missing an arm and some of Kraken's flotsam is looking a little worse for wear.  There's now a themed water dispenser near the queue area and there are still lots of portable marquees in use by AW.  They were hosing people's feet down when they were approaching the top of the hill, which is not the best when you're wearing shoes to go on the chairlift.

The trellis shade further down the hill also has some greenery on it, which should look great in the future.  The weeds appear to have returned around the base of Abyss, however.

I also checked out the area under the chairlift - that's quite a tumble that lady must have taken.

Overall, we had a great day.  Kudos to Mark and his staff.  

IMG_8110b.jpg

IMG_8138b.jpg

IMG_8145b.jpg

IMG_8151b.jpg

IMG_8153b.jpg

IMG_8158b.jpg

IMG_8163b.jpg

IMG_8164b.jpg

IMG_8166b.jpg

IMG_8208b.jpg

IMG_8218b.jpg

I'm with the teens at AW on the last day of the school hols. Despite it being an overcast day, its been dry and the park is the quietest I've seen it all season. 5 mins for the Kraken and walk on for the Abyss. The other plus for the weather is that the cloud cover has kept the water reasonably warm. I'm sure it was mentioned before but the paddle boats have gone. Is this the site for the new Mi3 project?

Edited by Richard
Fixed quote

Trying to put comments in Mark's mouth?

Yeah, totally agree that that area is screaming out for an attraction.  The only problem is that it would cost a lot more to build something incorporating the old castle site and lake area.

My wish list so far is:

Gerstlauer Family Coaster - something akin to DLP's Big Thunder Mountain but going over the water as opposed to under. (750 pph)

Zamperla Hydrolift - Adventure World needs a river raft ride.  These things are popular with people of all ages and the Hydrolift comes with a tower that I'm sure they could design into a new castle. (660 pph)

Zamperla Flume Ride -  It would be great if they could incorporate it into the lake area. They could even use the old paddle boats loading platform as its station. It would be cool if it went around the old Castle island. (1200 pph)

Just a few of my thoughts.  Of course, the ideal would be to have a combination of a couple of these over the next ten years.

gerstlauer family coaster.jpg

zamperla hydrolift.jpg

zamperla flume ride.jpg

8 hours ago, iwerks said:

Trying to put comments in Mark's mouth?

Yeah, totally agree that that area is screaming out for an attraction.  The only problem is that it would cost a lot more to build something incorporating the old castle site and lake area.

My wish list so far is:

Gerstlauer Family Coaster - something akin to DLP's Big Thunder Mountain but going over the water as opposed to under. (750 pph)

Zamperla Hydrolift - Adventure World needs a river raft ride.  These things are popular with people of all ages and the Hydrolift comes with a tower that I'm sure they could design into a new castle. (660 pph)

Zamperla Flume Ride -  It would be great if they could incorporate it into the lake area. They could even use the old paddle boats loading platform as its station. It would be cool if it went around the old Castle island. (1200 pph)

Just a few of my thoughts.  Of course, the ideal would be to have a combination of a couple of these over the next ten years.

gerstlauer family coaster.jpg

zamperla hydrolift.jpg

zamperla flume ride.jpg

I agree with the flume/raft idea around the lake.  I've also thought AW could do with an indoor attraction to combat the 40c+ heat or the rain.  Something on the lines of a simpler space mountain, even with an Australian theme with indigenous art projectors on the inside and didjereedoo music playing.  Possibly located near the animal section.  Just a thought.