Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

Does anyone think this would be a good fit for AW to build as another Roller Coaster some time in the future. It will give AW a family coaster, which is a dark ride and provides shelter for cold days and rainy days. They could make it horror theme or theme it to something else. Im sure AW does not need help with theming they already do such a great job. It doesn't have to be a bobsled coaster as it might be 2 low capacity for AW or not (Cant find the exact PPH it does) It cost 5million Euro's. Not including a building. However does anyone think this could be a good addition for AW in the future.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

I was just quoting the Roller Coaster in the video. But technically SDSC is a horror themed coaster. Its not a extreme horror themed ride.

Horror is me chasing my 3 year old through the house with a knife and Michael Myers mask 

Spooky is me chasing my 3 year old through the house with sheet over me

SDSC is definately the latter... 

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

horror is by definition intense fear. extreme is redundant. Horror is horror. Scooby Doo is most certainly not. The film is G rated for god's sake, and the coaster is themed perfectly to the film.

Spooky is waking up with my 4 yo son 2 inches from my face saying good morning daddy...

Horror is waking up next to my wife...

Looks like a good coaster, regardless.  You could say Abyss has a horror theme, yet I've seen plenty of six year olds go on it.

Yeah, Adventure World needs a good family coaster and/or a flume or whitewater raft ride.  Especially in summer, a log ride would kill it.  Even if it was something as small as Splashdown or Aussie World's The Plunge. 

2 hours ago, iwerks said:

Looks like a good coaster, regardless.  You could say Abyss has a horror theme, yet I've seen plenty of six year olds go on it.

Yeah, Adventure World needs a good family coaster and/or a flume or whitewater raft ride.  Especially in summer, a log ride would kill it.  Even if it was something as small as Splashdown or Aussie World's The Plunge. 

Splashdown draws massive crowds when its used in September and thats at a cost of $10 per a person. So it should be very popular in the summer heat. But the reason why I say this indoor coaster is so that on the cold or rainy days there is more to do.

10 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

and Australias first B&M and RMC woddie. Oh screw it AW should be the first to get a walk-through, monorail, dark ride, RMC, B&M, Woddie, Hyper, Giga, Steel, Extreme, themed, dive coaster in Australia. Or Someone wins lotto and donats it to Mark. :)

Tim

I'll add all of the above to the shopping list. Watch out for some changes to water mountain over the winter. MI3 is on the verge of being decided for next winter (and I think you will like the addition but its not quite up there with a B&M or indoor coaster). I can also confirm the Café is about to have a makeover this winter.

Mark

On 7/11/2016 at 10:39 PM, Tim Dasco said:

Does anyone think this would be a good fit for AW to build as another Roller Coaster some time in the future. It will give AW a family coaster, which is a dark ride and provides shelter for cold days and rainy days. They could make it horror theme or theme it to something else. Im sure AW does not need help with theming they already do such a great job. It doesn't have to be a bobsled coaster as it might be 2 low capacity for AW or not (Cant find the exact PPH it does) It cost 5million Euro's. Not including a building. However does anyone think this could be a good addition for AW in the future.

I did not think it was such a bad idea Tim. If Movieworld can have 6 major attractions themed to DC Superheroes in one guise or another , then adding another "dark theme" to Aussie world with only 3 other dark/spooky/horror themed attractions seems quite reasonable to me, more so as they are not interconnecting themes like DC.

2 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

Tim

I'll add all of the above to the shopping list. Watch out for some changes to water mountain over the winter. MI3 is on the verge of being decided for next winter (and I think you will like the addition but its not quite up there with a B&M or indoor coaster). I can also confirm the Café is about to have a makeover this winter.

Mark

Looking forward to what you are going to produce for MI3 Mark. You are giving me more and more reason to bring the family and make the trip to Perth to visit your fine park. I absolutely love what you are doing in this space, your positiveness and your passion for the industry shines through. We need more people like you in Australia- more fan like than accountant driven.

My 10 and 8 year old children are desperate to visit your park. It wont be next year ( There is a little jaunt to Florida planned then) but I can guarantee that 2018 will be the year. MI3 should be done and dusted ready for us to ride by then!:)

I must admit I'm a fan of rides with 'Dark' themes.  The U.K. Parks do it well (special shout out to Mark's old company for the best examples).  I hope if Adventure World do it they can keep the sinister themed stuff contained within one area, and keep the rest of the park bright and happy.  

This however, is from someone who hasn't actually been to the park before, so I could be saying stuff that wouldn't suit the park at all.  Reckon I'll have to make a trip over there this season to see what it's all about.

Well at the moment the "Dark" themed rides or "Horror" are Abyss, Rampage and Black widow. (All thrill rides) These three are all located next to each other. So I think @joz they are already trying to do that. But with future additions it would now have to depend on available space where a new attractions could be placed.

I might be repeating myself from a year ago but I also agree that an indoor coaster or Log Flume would tick the AW boxes.  I'm not 100% convinced a horror theme is the way to go as younger visitors may be put off.  Although Space seems to be the most common indoor coaster theme, I've always liked the idea of an indigenous Australian theme.  Maybe projections of indigenous art on the roof/walls of the building.  Digereedoo music, boomerangs and Aussie theming.  The Crush coaster at DLP studios comes to mind.  A very different experience to Abyss and good for all ages.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The platinum season pass seems to be much better value this year.  It's $245 and limited to the first 600 people and includes two free fast passes.  Great to see it has the 50% discount for 8 friends and 40% off a cabana per family (but not during the busy part of the season).  I presume you can only purchase the platinum passes at AW (and not online) because of the special merchandise that comes with it - if it was available online I would get it straight away.  Still a bit mystified about the photo ID (so if you bring your driver's licence, they're going to print it on the back of the pass?) or do you need to bring a passport-sized photo?

https://adventureworld.net.au/season-passes/platinum-season-pass/

@Adam C - got your cabana booked yet?