Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds brilliant!! Adventure World are really stepping up in their efforts to be a national destination. Another good investment with a good ride choice will seriously influence people's decision to visit Perth and WA just to visit Adventure World alone.....its brilliant how the park is expanding and growing.

Now if Jamberoo can pull their finger out and move on with their expansion plans plus Aussie World's continual growth, we are starting to see some real competition to the Gold Coast's Big 4 parks....and that means a healthier industry for all in Australia.

I am very much looking forward to what Adventure World has in store for us next year Mark. Brilliant!

I wonder if MI2 is Gerslaur.

I would have said 100% no way, until I read Mark's message. When he said the deal was 99% done, I didn't realise that the 1% was the signing, so in theory it could be any manufacturer who was at IAAPA over the past week - which includes Gerstlauer, Zamperla and Whitewater.

From what Mark has said we pretty much know it won't be a rollercoaster or anything costing as much as $20 million. From the way he worded his reply about Gerstlauer it seems unlikely that MI2 will be from there.

We love the Gerstlauer products and their people are great. I'm having dinner with their agent in Florida a week Tuesday so no doubt he will be trying to sell us something!

Unless MI1, MI2 and MI3 or MI4 are all from the same company.

So, I guess we're going to have to keep speculating for the time being.

Good find Raqneesh- it's the back of the Shotgun, leading down to the Grand Prix track. I noticed some pink tape around that area last time I was there. I hope it's a world's longest bowl, not world's tallest slide. Some people I know find the speed slides a challenge.

Oh, more dinosaur pics.. talk about Jurassic Perth.

post-2597-0-81370600-1416752281_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-43265800-1416752302_thumb.jp

some surveyor somewhere is going to be in a whole heap of trouble.

It depends on whether AW had a non-disclosure clause or similar in the surveyors working contract (and if they don't, they probably will in future)... all this does is confirm that their next attraction will be a slide - which although not yet officially announced by the park was a pretty easy guess... Given the considerable outlay for Abyss in recent time, it's not surprising they're going with a fairly low-priced (by comparison) attraction to give their guests something new, while nursing their bank balance back to good health. I think at most, they may just have a quiet word to the guy.

Good to hear.

It might not cost a lot, but it looks like it could take up a bit of real estate. If they go from the top of the hill, they might have enough room to challenge the Typhoon at Funfields in Victoria for length. It's amazing how similar the two parks are attractions-wise (go karts, bumper boats and pirate ships).

I like how the Typhoon has a maximum limit of 115kg on a single tube (Adventure World's is 90kg) and the fact that it has a choice of 1 or 2 person tubes.

http://www.funfields.com.au/rides/typhoon-waterslide/

Re: the picture.

Interesting.. the online travel magazine for families - Travel Sprout - was mentioned. In their last issue they compiled a list of the top ten waterparks in Australia, which listed Kalamunda Water Park (Perth's old Wet N Wild park) at number 6 and Adventure World wasn't on it at all.

http://issuu.com/travelsprout/docs/travel_sprout_mag_oct_2014

Edited by iwerks

Wouldn't this be an ironic choice of waterslide?

http://www.whitewaterwest.com/Abyss.html

Now, what could you call it?

The "oh crap we already have a ride called Abyss, now we've found this one and need a new name for it, so how about wet abyss"....... or "OCWAHARCANWFTOANANNFISHAWA" for short.

Welcome back, Mark. That'll be some record then.

I hope Florida treated you well. Any highlights from your trip (besides getting the contract signed)?

Thanks, good to be back. Highlights, surviving driving down the wrong way of a three lane road ranks fairly highly. :o

The Wizarding world of Harry Potter sets a new benchmark in theming quality and guest interaction with wands for sale that when aimed at shop windows actually triggers movements to happen. The theming and layout was in my opinion nothing short of spectacular, even down to musty smells upon entering the old book shop! class.

We rode some rides and some slides and (its a tough job) that's all I'm going to say about that!

I was generally disappointed with service levels in all but the Disney Parks (pockets of Universal where good but in the main quite average interactions with team members).

I've got a long list of other ideas and notes, who knows what we will come of it....... a few quick win ideas and some bigger thoughts as always. Our learning and development manager attended the Disney institute week long course while we were there and has a head full of ideas to assist the business in its next phase of growth.

Food and beverage was average in most parks. :(.

MI2...... sorry, its not a Gerstlauer product.

Mark

You keep feeding us drip by drip... we'll have it worked out if you keep going...

I love that your L&D guygirl has been to DisneyU. Any park that tries to emulate Disney's levels of service, and overall standards is on a winner. It can be an expensive way to do business - but it's the only way if you want to be regarded as the BEST. I only hope your cast will be as committed to the changes as the management are... because that's where it will be make or break.

So we're in the market for a Waterslide. A World record breaker (Omicron Persei 8 called - they believe they hold the record for the universe so it's unlikely you're gonna beat that one...)... that narrows down manufacturers at least to 2, maybe three big boys capable of such an effort.... hrmmmmm....

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide