Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

Iwerks

We love the Gerstlauer products and their people are great. I'm having dinner with their agent in Florida a week Tuesday so no doubt he will be trying to sell us something!

Outback splash- we see any leisure activity as competition. Our greater competitive threat though as I see it would be the free parks and amazing beaches in Perth. Kings Park gets over 7milion visitors a year, Hillarys Boat Harbour gets 3 million visitors a year, Rottnest etc. I had lunch with the owners from Outback Splash last week and am meeting with them in Florida for dinner. We think its great to see their development and "all ships benefit from a rising tide" so they say.Tourism in WA can only benefit from improvements all round in man made attractions to compliment all the marvellous nature based attractions we have and our great climate. Are we going to try and match what they get? no, we generally prefer to provide a point of differentiation. I think we can say we are some way ahead of them in terms of quality, theming, operations and range of product and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Tim, Fright Nights product will grow every year as the crowds grow so its possible we will introduce walk through scare attractions in the future.

Castle: we have some thoughts yes but it will depend on trading and priorities. something will happen at some point as its central to the park.

If you look in the West Australian today Summer guide you will see the new AW brand mark. It isn't supposed to be launched till later this month but an error occurred in the print media planning. Let me know what you think? change takes a while sometimes for people to get used to but we all really like it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Mark!!!!

Park is looking great and look forward to MI2 lets hope for a dry ride

How good would it be to update the Bounty. As i remember as a kid you would always hope the bounty would go the full way around..

Well what if it did? I realise alot of changes would be needed but would be great

How about partnering with Holden and Ford to have the Commodore and Falcon bodies(ofcourse smaller) on them.

Lastly a swim up pool bar. The main pool could spill into maybe a smaller pool where you could lay or sit down in the water and enjoy a cold drink

Hi all, I'm new today and would like to say that Mark makes a very good point re punters choosing how to spend their $s on things like the Royal show etc. I went to the Royal show in 2011 and spent more in 1 day than the cost of a season pass at AW. So I give my kids a choice. Needless to say its a no brainer.

Also I took the family to WDW in Florida last month. There were lots of times i thought this would be good at AW but none more than Teamboat springs at Blizzard Beach. Something like that would be as big as the Abyss. As for the Castle, my wish list would have a flume ride replacing the whole lake. At AW, getting soaked isn't a problem.

Onwards & Upwards!

Welcome Adam.

I think a flume ride would be a big winner.

Tim

I forgot to mention they have obviously spent some TLC looking after the chairlift. They've replaced all of the wooden slats in the seats and have repainted the floor of the stations.

Reanimated

Tim means the logo that was released accidentally today. It looks good. Very colourful, with the sun/orange in the centre. They're really emphasising the AW, with the 'W' representing the water side of the park.

Mark

Is there Rampage merchandise? A shirt with the beast on it would be very cool.

And the advertisement in question..

The kids in front seem to be having a ball.. and then there's Karl Stefanovic Jnr. in the back row.

post-2597-0-96498500-1415283009_thumb.jp

Went to AW today and saw them filming. It was 37 degrees here, so the crowd really built up. Despite this it was a 1 minute wait for Abyss around midday. Freefall is back up and running. It's doing 3 shots and then 1 drop. The new food is really good, especially the wagyu burger. They also had freshly made juices. The staff were really helpful, even to the extent of offering us a drink of water as we entered the park. Now that's service. Pictures to follow..

Yeah, thanks Tim, I'd never seen that before. Maybe, I always go during cooler weather or something.

I took these pictures just after arriving, when it wasn't as crowded as later on. Obviously, if you're visiting the park, buy your tickets online. That car park entry line was very quick.

Like I said, the Abyss queue was shorter than the lines for most of the water slides and the Grand Prix race way. People were getting off and then back on Freefall as well. It's great that they've got the 'dropping' back. The ride operators seemed to be having fun with the timing of the shots and drops.

When they stopped the chairlift for the film crew to take shots from, people were still talking about the Sky lift's break down from earlier in the year.

The area between the Shotgun and the Grand Prix raceway seems to be getting ready for something - I hope it's not just dinosaurs.

post-2597-0-05051200-1415613055_thumb.jppost-2597-0-57898100-1415613071_thumb.jppost-2597-0-69713900-1415613088_thumb.jppost-2597-0-25483000-1415613114_thumb.jppost-2597-0-35737800-1415613126_thumb.jppost-2597-0-54378800-1415613142_thumb.jppost-2597-0-81443600-1415613170_thumb.jppost-2597-0-24801100-1415613274_thumb.jppost-2597-0-96713700-1415613317_thumb.jppost-2597-0-50463100-1415613342_thumb.jppost-2597-0-73412600-1415613404_thumb.jp

Edited by iwerks

Thanks Iwerks. we wanted to change things up and communicate to the wider public that AW has changed. We felt the old logo hinted too much at water and we really wanted the new logo to feel more "theme park/water park" which is quite hard. the sparkles suggest fantasy, the chrome suggests quality and solidity and the orange as someone suggested here the glorious sunny weather we enjoy in Perth. I was also keen to establish the brand on a national scale so having ":Perth Australia" on the logo gives it national perspective and the est. 1982 hints at heritage, history and brand establishment. The coaster tracks obviously scream (pun intended) theme park to those who just arrived from Mars on vacation and also act as an energy "atom" idea around the globe. The water elements are reflected on the W.

As always it takes time to get used to radical changes but we think its great and are happy now we have had some time to get used to it. should go live at the end of the month along with weather delayed new brand TV commercial.

incidentally, this logo change was budgeted for prior to decisions about the castle so not driven by the castle in the old logo.

Dinosaurs are going in DK in densely landscaped area between top and bottom pool. .........

Thanks. we let our actions do the talking. incidentally we won a training initiative award two nights ago beating the likes of Crown and Holiday Inn. Details on Facebook tomorrow I believe.

do we think rampage merch would sell? we need a bigger shop! (in the 3 year plan!). you might notice our ride ops guys wearing blackwidow/rampage themed grey/black tops this year look pretty good.

Don't worry XxMr YoshixX

It's not like you don't know that Adventure World has water slides..

Or a new logo..

Or who the CEO is..

In other news: an article on the Australasian Leisure Management website has appeared overnight - it mentions the Training Initiative Award.

http://www.ausleisure.com.au/news/adventure-world-ready-for-a-summer-of-thrills-and-spills/

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide