Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

I think it could be very big. From what my English teacher told me. He said, "it looked like they were going to build it where the castle was. However people on hear have said they think it could be on the hill. Maybe it could go down the hill and all the way to the castle. Maybe the worlds longest or something like that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is now a sign up near the aqua 6 racer mentioning the all new world record breaking water attraction coming late september 2015

it has a green lizard/snake eye on it.

Didn't have my camera on me , sorry.

Not sure how long the sign has been there as i haven't been to AW for about 2 weeks.

PS - Abyss was running very smoothly today, such a bloody good roller coaster

PPS - Fast Passes got good use today, though they weren't as 'fast' as normal - seemed to have been an instruction to staff to let more people through the normal queues before letting fast pass riders through - found this to be the case on water mountain, shotgun and abyss today. go karts was 'fast' (though karts were slow...lol)

PPPS - I find food prices at AW to be fine, though i work in the CBD so am used to being gouged for food.

PPPPS - How was the salad for lunch Mark? */end creepy stalker*

Lol, lunch was delicious thanks. we have done a fair bit of work on our Caesar salad of late and I'm pleased to say its probably an 8/10 now where I would have given it a 6/10 previously. We replaced the dry chicken breast with chicken tenders (so moist) worked on improving the flavour of the croutons, added a choice of salad with anchovies, changed the parmesan to shaved rather than powder, browned off the bacon lardons better and are just working finally on a better homemade sauce (then it will be a 9/10!). I have been eating Caesar salad probably 90% of the time for the past few months while we try different things and I can honestly say I'm looking forward to turning my attention to other food products! The Chicken Tikki burger is now improved with a bit more flavour too if anyone wants to try it and feedback.

Mark

Sorry Mark, I had the breakfast option. Very tasty.

Just came back from a quick trip to AW. Yeah, that's not a snake Grrofunger, more like a crocodile, squid or some seafaring creature. I think you also forget to mention the Batavia-style sailing ship in the picture as well. The path for the new attraction is more clearly marked out. It starts by the lookout area (CP4-2 and CP4-3?) seems to go down the hill, before veering to the left of a large rocky outcrop. My guess is that it ends up near the toilets by the base of the Shotgun. It could possibly go to the old castle site, which has been cleaned up a little, but I doubt it. I couldn't see any markers there.

The park was still really packed out with people parking anywhere up and down Progress Drive. The queue for the Season Pass holders was pretty long, until one of the young 'front of house' girls said we could use the online ticket entrance if we weren't cashing in our 50% off deal. The rest of the staff were also really friendly, saying 'hi' even when I was walking around the park. It was good to see all the guys on the Grand Prix tracks with whistles to get the cars moving, although I think everyone's favourite cool dude was operating the bumper boats this morning. The Black Widow was down for repairs; Freefall was operational. Love the speed camera sign on Yarli's Safaris and the Pirate Guy by Bounty's Revenge too.

When I was in the queue to get my coffee, one of the mums in the line couldn't believe how good the food selection is now. She had remembered how bad it used to be and had already brought her family's food into the park.

And in important news, Bluey the wombat had just had his sand pit made up and was going great guns.

So, congrats Mark on a crazily successful weekend and I look forward to Adventure World's first multi-storey carpark.

post-2597-0-59175400-1425270782_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-77854100-1425270842_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-78566700-1425270913_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-26065800-1425271055_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-93820600-1425271174_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-46582100-1425271292_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-94802500-1425271365_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-09035300-1425271463_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-86761800-1425271531_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-94877700-1425271583_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-60945900-1425271655_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-64565200-1425271710_thumb.jp

Hang on a second... that's the kraken.

Also judging by the size of the land I reckon Iwerks' prediction of a Wet Abyss is a possibility, as well as my prediction of a ProSlide Tornado. Either of those two are very good possibilities, and probably the only ones I can think of.

I'm suggesting the name of the new water attraction is Kraken. I can't think of any other sea creature (fictitious or not) that destroys pirate ships.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

Weirdly enough, Proslide already make racers called Kraken and Octopus.

http://www.proslide.com/rides/krakenracer/

Hopefully, they'll make a Kraken animal like the one in the clip for the Tornado 60 above (except less horse-like). Kraken is also a cool name, like Abyss. It conjures up all sorts of ideas.

Weirdly enough, Proslide already make racers called Kraken and Octopus.

http://www.proslide.com/rides/krakenracer/

Hopefully, they'll make a Kraken animal like the one in the clip for the Tornado 60 above (except less horse-like). Kraken is also a cool name, like Abyss. It conjures up all sorts of ideas.

Isn't the Kraken Racer model in Wet n Wild Orlando?

It's always tough to compare two parks in completely different places, but what I'd say is this.

I had a great time when I went to Adventure World in 2008. I found the staff friendly and the atmosphere pleasant. I particularly liked the wide open grass space in the middle of the park. However, with the exception of the castle there really wasn't all that much by way of theming; the rides were pretty much straight out of manufacturers catalogues.

Fast forward to 2015, and most of the park is fully themed while the same friendly atmosphere has been preserved. As a semi-regular patron/victim of large corporate parks around the world I can't begin to say what a difference the staff make.

It's unlikely that I'll be back in Perth in the foreseeable future, given how remote it is from anywhere else I'm likely to be heading, but you never know; there's a classic Schwarzkopf Silverarrow that only operates a few days a year at a fair in Johannesburg (http://www.randshow.co.za), and there is a direct flight from there to Perth...

It's always tough to compare two parks in completely different places, but what I'd say is this.

I had a great time when I went to Adventure World in 2008. I found the staff friendly and the atmosphere pleasant. I particularly liked the wide open grass space in the middle of the park. However, with the exception of the castle there really wasn't all that much by way of theming; the rides were pretty much straight out of manufacturers catalogues.

Fast forward to 2015, and most of the park is fully themed while the same friendly atmosphere has been preserved. As a semi-regular patron/victim of large corporate parks around the world I can't begin to say what a difference the staff make.

It's unlikely that I'll be back in Perth in the foreseeable future, given how remote it is from anywhere else I'm likely to be heading, but you never know; there's a classic Schwarzkopf Silverarrow that only operates a few days a year at a fair in Johannesburg (http://www.randshow.co.za), and there is a direct flight from there to Perth...

Noxegon, thanks for the words of support. I will make sure they are passed on to the team. Mark

Hang on a second... that's the kraken.

Also judging by the size of the land I reckon Iwerks' prediction of a Wet Abyss is a possibility, as well as my prediction of a ProSlide Tornado. Either of those two are very good possibilities, and probably the only ones I can think of.

I'm suggesting the name of the new water attraction is Kraken. I can't think of any other sea creature (fictitious or not) that destroys pirate ships.

No comment :)

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide