Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

Guys, sometimes we get blinkered into an idea just like anyone else. I hear what everyone is saying and now that I think on it I think the majority view is right. We are so busy right now budgeting and executing MI2 and other things that the weeds just crept up a little too high while we were otherwise occupied. I will see if we can get some trimming done and rethink the Druid worship circles.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Hi Pazzap

The official announcement on the type of attraction and theme/name will be in July. Not long now. As stated here before, I will give you all here a heads up on it 24 hrs. before the official announcement and I will give advanced notice so you know when that will be.

Mark

On the issue of the weeds, how, about a dye for them? Black, purple or blood red? The whole grass area could be dyed. Also, the dark area could have noise added. Eg wind chimes. The wind generator could be icy cold. Finally, how about a smell generator? Possibly something bitter.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about a smell generator?! I think if they tweak anything in this area it should be the pre-ride, stairwell section. Wouldn't hurt to have another fan in there. And if they change the video, I'd like to learn a little more about the druids' back story. Who are we in relation to them? Are they, like the original teaser video implied, a figment of our collective nightmares?

On the issue of the weeds, how, about a dye for them? Black, purple or blood red? The whole grass area could be dyed. Also, the dark area could have noise added. Eg wind chimes. The wind generator could be icy cold. Finally, how about a smell generator? Possibly something bitter.

Hi Adam

Thanks for the ideas. In the off season we will have a look at die's. We have already added in our budget an extension of the area sound to go along the fence line adjacent to the Black Widow lawns and at the base of the lift as currently when the car stops the atmosphere is a bit flat. As for the smell idea, I love adding smells however with the breeze we get in the park I doubt anyone would ever smell it. Perhaps inside the building though? watch this space.

Mark

My only concern with smell machines. You don't want to make the ride smell bad and people not wanting to go into the ride. Mark I cant remember if this has been answered or not. But what has happened to the mist just before the lift hill? However the last time I saw Abyss I thought it looked great and had great theming. So well done Mark and your team for what you have done with Adventure World so far and I cant wait for Mi2.

They already have a wind generator in the queue building.

Really liked the pine tree smell that they used to have in the ET queue area at Universal. It would be really cool if Abyss had a crew member in character, like Arkham at Movie World does so well. I like the way other ride ops at AW engage the riders.

Saw the original Abyss ad again on TV today too.

I went to Adventure World today and below is some points I notice.

- Free fall was closed in the morning and opened around 3pm.

- The weeds under Abyss have gone. It looks as if the whole thing has been mowed down. Well done Mark for taking action very quickly on that)

- No constructing has started on new ride yet.

- One of the food places was closed. (Dragon bites)

- I tried the Rampage and Black Widow for the first time. BTW I enjoyed BW, (Its a power surge) However the Rampage was intense and just wow.

- I learnt the hard way that if you keep your head forward on Abyss and going threw the outdoor bit you get of and have a headache from it bouncing around.

* On a side not to Mark, There were extremely nice staff everywhere. One ride operator for the Bounties Revenge, (from about 1pm) was so funny. He pretend he was a pirate caption and was talking with the guest, making jokes and was really enjoyable to be around. (He has long hair if that helps to identify who he was) The guy on the rocky rapids in the morning was also funny and interacting with the guest while pushing them into the ride. I really enjoyed my day at Adventure World and thanks Mark and team for making a very good day.

Well done Mark on the fast action to address the weeds. That sort of action is unprecedented in this community - I realise tasking a landscaper to go and mow a little area isn't a big deal but the fact that you acted on it so quickly instead of what may have been is a tribute to your commitment to your fans.

I'd love to see some pictures of how it looks now it's been mown Tim - if you took any whilst you were there...

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide