Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funnel looks almost complete now.  You can see it much better from the street outside.  There's a pile of marble/paving waiting by the bumper boats area and some work being done in other parts of the park.  There's lots of green slide sections at the rear of the hill, next to where Freefall normally stands.

IMG_8321.jpg

IMG_8309.jpg

IMG_8313.jpg

IMG_8324.jpg

IMG_8315.jpg

IMG_8330.jpg

IMG_8334.jpg

IMG_8342.jpg

IMG_8341.jpg

IMG_8289.jpg

IMG_8304.jpg

Edited by iwerks

I hope the West covers it tomorrow - there's not a lot of tourism or park news in the paper.  It's great that the government is going ahead with the $2 billion dollar rail link to the airport, but it still kills me that we haven't got Inspire WA off the ground yet and that Outback Splash is only slowly expanding its water park section.

That's a ProSlide Tornado 60 in the Today Tonight print advertisement, right?

Edited by iwerks

All

The new slide Mi2 is indeed a Proslides Tornado 60. at 260m long it is the longest in the world, the steepest drop top to bottom (30m). The slide starts with a small drop to get up to speed quickly then shortly after enters a nice 360 degree section with another steep curve down then out into a long snake like section before the usual drop into the funnel. I'm sorry for those who were hoping for a hybrid. We did investigate this unfortunately the geotechnical reports showed very soft top ground which means we have in places 8m deep piles for the engineering supports. If we had added a bowl the foundations would have needed to be enormous and cost prohibitive. I think it will be a terrific slide though, along with the theming which itself is enormous and impressive. Thanks for your patience with the announcement. Please do not share on social media until after 7pm tonight.

Mark

Regards

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide