Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

Was hoping for a render of the full slide - the one shown looks just like a stock model with two 90 degree bends and a drop into the funnel.

But I imagine for most people footage of the Tornado in action is more exciting!  It sounds great - the Tornado is probably my favourite water ride.

Edited by dukeofwhales

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

Thanks for the great feedback everyone, we are excited too. Iwerks, season pass sale kicked off yesterday. Platinum passes will not be available till Mid August. We are also aiming to introduce a payment plan for family season passes from 1st September.

I have attached a rendering (shame this wasn't shown last night as we did supply to Today tonight - they did a great job mind you). Some of the pathway detail has changed since this was done and the viewing platform cut for now to stay in budget. The road to the top is being completely resurfaced as its pretty rough on the feet just now. Most of the theming will be at the top and should have a cool "reveal" at the top of the road as you turn the corner to the right to see it all with the backdrop of the park/Bibra Lake behind it.

The link to the piece will be with us shortly and we will post on our Facebook page today. We shall also post some up to date photos now that the space frame for the funnel is up.

Mark  mi2_render.pdf

Apologies for scrubbing out some hints of theming! :)

Edited by Mark Shaw

Good question iwerks - - I just checked the AW website and it says that season passes ARE NOT upgradeable to platinum.

Now that most of the specultation about the slide is over shall we speculate about whats included in the platinum passes?

Some of the benefits have slightly changed for season pass - 

now 25% off food and merch and photos

now 40% off for 8 guests , can be used on different days

75% off special events

......... so what will be in platinum?

1 off cabana hire included? 1 off fast pass included? free special events? higher discounts?

Edited by grrofunger

Conditions and prices of early bird season passes are already up.

http://adventureworld.net.au/#/tickets/early-bird-season-pass-membership-sale/

$148 for adults. The terms are a little different.  The discount for up to 8 friends is 40%, but you don't have to use it on the one day. Discounts on in-park purchases have gone up to 25%!

Early Bird Season Pass members take advantage of these great benefits and prices!

• UNLIMITED access to Adventure World during standard operating hours.
  • 40% off tickets invitation for 8 friends (ONLY EARLY BIRD SEASON PASSES) - Now can be used on seperate visits!
  • Early Access to Adventure World via the Main Car Park Entry Gate to aviod queues. 15 mins early only from 26th December 2015 to 31st January 2016.
  • 25% off food and drinks in the park, excluding alcohol and promotional items.
  • 25% off discount applies to all Merchandise in the Gift Shop, excluding promotional items.
  • 25% off Photo Packages including official photos cuddling our koalas, riding Abyss or with Yarli, Yarlotte & Flossy in Dragon's Kingdom!
  • Up to 75% off discount on tickets for Adventure World's special events.

Where does it say you can't upgrade to platinum?(Just saw it) 

A Season Pass is not transferable not refundable and not upgradable to Platinum Season Pass.

I hope that doesn't catch people in the lurch.

30 minutes early entry to the park or one hour after it closes on selected nights?  That would be cool.

Edited by iwerks

Snake theme looks great :) 

I do want to say a big congrats to Mark and the whole AW team - i've been going to the park for over 20 years, its great to see so not only much needed redevelopment - but the exceptionally high quality of everything being done. From painting and signage to the food outlets & cabanas, everything has improved so much over the past few years. I really hope the people of Perth vote with their wallets and keep coming back.

You mentioned resurfacing the road that runs up the hill - the soles of my feet say thank you! Are there plans to increase the shade or change the surface in any way? That hill has a long history of burning the bottom of peoples feet, and that was back when it was mainly the roller coaster and tabogans/monorail up there, on which you could at least wear shoes. Now being the water slide entrance i can see a whole lot more of that happening.

Lastly hears hoping the viewing platform makes its way back into the plans at some point in the future as that would be a great addition too :)

Snake theme looks great :) 

I do want to say a big congrats to Mark and the whole AW team - i've been going to the park for over 20 years, its great to see so not only much needed redevelopment - but the exceptionally high quality of everything being done. From painting and signage to the food outlets & cabanas, everything has improved so much over the past few years. I really hope the people of Perth vote with their wallets and keep coming back.

You mentioned resurfacing the road that runs up the hill - the soles of my feet say thank you! Are there plans to increase the shade or change the surface in any way? That hill has a long history of burning the bottom of peoples feet, and that was back when it was mainly the roller coaster and tabogans/monorail up there, on which you could at least wear shoes. Now being the water slide entrance i can see a whole lot more of that happening.

Lastly hears hoping the viewing platform makes its way back into the plans at some point in the future as that would be a great addition too :)

The road surface will be red bitumen, smooth and a little cooler than the black surface. We are also painting a strip of thick green paint I think for people to walk on which should in theory be much cooler. Its certainly top of mind for us.

Yes we have ideas for MI3. :)

The road surface will be red bitumen, smooth and a little cooler than the black surface. We are also painting a strip of thick green paint I think for people to walk on which should in theory be much cooler. Its certainly top of mind for us.

Yes we have ideas for MI3. :)

And thank you for your kind words by the way, very much appreciated by the team here.

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide