Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From AW's Facebook page

Aye Aye, me mateys! 'Av ye heard about ye oarsum makeover of tha wee bumpin boats?! Meet the new fearsome pirates at "Buccaneer Battle" when Adventure World's season opens this Thursday. Don't forget to renew your Season Pass in the early bird sale - only until 8 October.

‪#‎talklikeapirateday‬ ‪#‎makeover‬ ‪#‎theblock‬ ‪#‎rennovation‬

12049425_10153556724759564_1090675662367 

It looks like a brand new themed swimming pool now. So clean!!!!1

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally. On Today Tonights Facebook page, they have put the trailer for the news report that will air tomorrow at 6:30. I managed to get some screen shots from the trailer that are shown super quick. So mind the bad quality. But it looks like some nice ship wreaks scenes with the tentacles at both the top and bottom of the hill. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/TodayTonight/videos/vb.220363978003066/986382448067878/?type=2&theater

Screen_Shot_2015-10-05_at_8.29.21_pm.thu

Screen_Shot_2015-10-05_at_8.29.53_pm.thu

Screen_Shot_2015-10-05_at_8.29.26_pm.thu

Screen_Shot_2015-10-05_at_8.29.28_pm.thu

Screen_Shot_2015-10-05_at_8.29.46_pm.thu

Yeah, it was crazy busy and fun.  I'm glad I finally caught some of the classics like Jaws and Terminator 2: 3D.  Getting to experience Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey was just a bonus.  It's a pretty amazing ride, although I'm not a huge fan of the 3-D.  The glasses were okay and were always on the verge of falling off.  The robotic arm/flying chair was a pretty amazing sensation.

I'm looking forward to the quietness of Adventure World after that.

So A few points that were mention in the story on Today Tonight:

• The name was officially announced as the Kraken. Which will be as we know the tallest, steepest and longest in the world. However you will never get the same ride experience twice. Due to having the seating arrangement and the way the tubes can enter.
  • Its 2 rides put together. A long dark Mammoth and a Tornado feature along 260 Meters of adreneline.
  • The Kraken is a mythical sea monster feared by sailers for centuries. The monster would submerge and make a giant vortex, which is what we have here with this slide.
  • The story is that you are escaping the Kraken.
  • You go into a little drop with a 360 degree turn then you have more slide sections making you way to the almost vertical drop into the tornado.
  • There are almost 80 tornados in the world. Most just have the tornado, so that is what will set this one apart.
  • AW have gone from the top of the hill making it a mammoth slide with the tornado.
  • Can take up to 600 people an hour and basically, 'Chews threw people, Bit like the Kraken I guess.
  • The Kraken opens this Friday.

It seems to look nicely themed and I can't wait to ride it.

Guys

Sorry this was the worst kept secret over the past few months. Relieved that we can now talk about Kraken and put Mi2 in the museum (coming at some point)

The theming detail finer points are being applied right now ready for Friday and looks really great. It will be good to get others feedback.

Regards

Mark

Just rode the Kraken this morning. Its definitely thrilling. Needless to say its the most popular ride in the park. I can only suggest season pass holders arrive at 9:45am and head straight for the hill. The afternoon queue was 2 hours but it was opening day and the last Friday of school holidays. Abyss was only 10 mins.