Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was an indoor coaster-style ride, I think a Wild West theme would be more suitable then mentioned above. You could easily do a WWF-esque log ride or a Mine Train coaster (like Big Thunder Mountain or Big Grizzly Mountain) in the area and it would still be a different experience to Abyss, or anything else for that matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Paid a visit to AW last weekend.  Plenty of work has happened on the $1.5 m upgrade to the car park.  The old car park has virtually been erased.  I hoped they kept some of those trees or have better ones to put in.  Love the reverse GOT sign at the corner too.  

A few of the rides, like Bounty's Revenge and Rail Rider seem to be getting some attention.  It's hard to see what's happening with the old lake area, but it appears to be completely filled in. There are new lockers being installed as well as cabanas constructed.

There are some pegs marking ground in the south-east corner which is probably more shade, although it could be that kids' Tornado that was mentioned on AW's Facebook page last year.

According to the latest advert emailed out, Water Mountain now has a wild west type of theme.. should be interesting.  That's a lot of money spent for a non-capex year.  Plenty of Pokemon action out that way, too.  Found Pikachu in the park opposite. 

IMG_2248b.JPG

IMG_2187b.JPG

IMG_2229b.JPG

IMG_2191b.JPG

IMG_2196b.JPG

IMG_2201b.JPG

IMG_2212b.JPG

IMG_2215b.JPG

IMG_2216b.JPG

IMG_2220b.JPG

IMG_2236b.JPG

c9ec011b-9c29-460f-b445-4c83a2ac940f.jpg

IMG_4199.PNG

I was there that day, but didn't stay for the fireworks. In this article it claims that guests had to be evacuated, where in everything else I've read about the event it sparked up early the next morning.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/perths-adventure-world-fun-park-sues-fireworks-company-over-fire-that-destroyed-iconic-castle/news-story/6d85d77e31c9560cd6936422a190758e

On ‎5‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 6:17 AM, jddc7 said:

saw in today's paper that Adventure World is sueing the fireworks company for the fire damage caused to the castle in 2013. Makes sense.

Hi all.

Adventure World is not actually suing Cardille.  Our Insurance underwriters have decided to take action but was of course reported in the press as Adventure World.

On ‎5‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 8:09 AM, iwerks said:

I was there that day, but didn't stay for the fireworks. In this article it claims that guests had to be evacuated, where in everything else I've read about the event it sparked up early the next morning.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/perths-adventure-world-fun-park-sues-fireworks-company-over-fire-that-destroyed-iconic-castle/news-story/6d85d77e31c9560cd6936422a190758e

Correct. Poor reporting as often is the case. The fire was spotted long after anyone was left in the Park save for a few team members/managers doing their clean up at about 11.35pm from memory.

On ‎4‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 8:09 PM, Tim Dasco said:

It seems really late in the off season to start building a new attraction.

So it says that there will be theming on freefall and tunnel of terror. This seem to be quite a big off season considering MI2 was last year and MI3 next year.

Just under $4m in all. A lot of that is not seen (as in plant and IT etc.) and the deposit for MI3

On ‎4‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 7:28 PM, iwerks said:

Paid a visit to AW last weekend.  Plenty of work has happened on the $1.5 m upgrade to the car park.  The old car park has virtually been erased.  I hoped they kept some of those trees or have better ones to put in.  Love the reverse GOT sign at the corner too.  

A few of the rides, like Bounty's Revenge and Rail Rider seem to be getting some attention.  It's hard to see what's happening with the old lake area, but it appears to be completely filled in. There are new lockers being installed as well as cabanas constructed.

There are some pegs marking ground in the south-east corner which is probably more shade, although it could be that kids' Tornado that was mentioned on AW's Facebook page last year.

According to the latest advert emailed out, Water Mountain now has a wild west type of theme.. should be interesting.  That's a lot of money spent for a non-capex year.  Plenty of Pokemon action out that way, too.  Found Pikachu in the park opposite. 

IMG_2248b.JPG

IMG_2187b.JPG

IMG_2229b.JPG

IMG_2191b.JPG

IMG_2196b.JPG

IMG_2201b.JPG

IMG_2212b.JPG

IMG_2215b.JPG

IMG_2216b.JPG

IMG_2220b.JPG

IMG_2236b.JPG

c9ec011b-9c29-460f-b445-4c83a2ac940f.jpg

IMG_4199.PNG

The pegs are for a new Season Pass entry that will see members having Car Park 2 as their car park and their own dedicated entrance point. On our big days last year it was clear that the increase in the number of members and people purchasing online tickets plus corporates and groups was causing some tensions and bottlenecks so the move has been made to separate these. Water Mountain and Freefall (now to be renamed "INFERNO" are modest refurbishments that will likely be added to next winter but I think it will look much better.

Its official. Confirmed by AW on their Facebook page.

Yes, sadly the Kraken attacked the Bounty’s Revenge over winter and is now forever locked in her icy tentacles.  
An Adventure World icon for over 30 years Bounty’s Revenge has brought much joy to thousands of families and will always be fondly remembered.

But there’s always plenty to see and do at Adventure World - with plans for a new ride that will be bigger and better for next season. 
Watch out for more details coming soon.

Hopefully this new attraction is great and fills the void that BR will leave. It was a great ride and I remember going on it 20 times in a row when I was a kid. It was a flat ride that the family and thrill seekers could enjoy.

Edited by Tim Dasco

But at the same time I am looking forward to MI3. It seems like the castle area and lake is now cleared and they have now removed BR. There is a massive plot of land there now. I am very certain MI3 will be in this area. They could fit a very big Flat ride, waterslide or Lazy river and still have room for more grass/picnic area like they wanted to do with the lake being removed.

Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 9.12.04 pm.png

19 hours ago, Wil_i_am_not said:

I did hear that TPA Shows just got a Pirate Ship though, but I'm not sure if it's gone to them.

I did some research and I found on the Adelaide Royal Show website a list of their rides and TPA's is listed on that website called pirate ship and the picture shows a completely different ride. So I wonder what park might by it or if AW scraps it. Maybe that could be the reason it was leaving was it was having problems as a 30 year old attraction. (If it is sold SW should considered it.)

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 9.54.25 am.png