Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And think where they were up to on the Abyss last year - the foundations were already in.

Tim Dasco

Posted Yesterday, 06:25 PM

They should be a new ride opening next season as they have had a new ride every year for the past 6 years. (approximately)

Don't forget you're counting kids' rides in there as well. Chances are they're not going to say or do anything before this season closes. They have the insurance money to spend, but we're getting mixed signals as to whether they're going to spend it on the castle or not. If they're going to build another slide you would think it would be around the back of the Shotgun, but last I checked they seem to be planting trees there. They could have a walk through attraction, like Prison Break, but the building they conducted that in got demolished for the Abyss.

Whilst I agree with the title change, I don't seem the harm in spitballing - it's not like it happens in any other thread.

• 2 weeks later...

So

They sent this email out on Friday - sometime after they made the call to cancel the rest of the season. Note the use of the plural. Better change the name of this thread again. Time to start speculating!

I've gone ahead and edited the title so people can skim over it. I clicked in thinking there had been an announcement.

Boy was I in a world of dissapointment.

So i was right.

You were 5 days early. It's also worded so vaguely that the new attractions could be anything. I remember when Disneyland HK used to count a water fountain as an attraction. It could be that they're rebuilding the castle or constructing a new waterslide. It might be the case that Mark Shaw has some grand plan to really build the park up, like they're going to do at Outback Splash.

God forbid the worst case scenario: it could involve miniature red cars and a driving school!

Or it could be a new chair lift/ a transport ride to replace the old one.

You were 5 days early. It's also worded so vaguely that the new attractions could be anything. I remember when Disneyland HK used to count a water fountain as an attraction. It could be that they're rebuilding the castle or constructing a new waterslide. It might be the case that Mark Shaw has some grand plan to really build the park up, like they're going to do at Outback Splash.

God forbid the worst case scenario: it could involve miniature red cars and a driving school!

However given Abyss was one of their biggest ever investments, they might need more than a single season to recover...

Absolutely correct. Abyss is still being paid off.

They had finished paying off Kahuna Falls.

There was no earthworks taking place anywhere in the park. There are no plans as yet submitted to Cockburn council. Council approval is required for any type of construction. It takes time for council approval to be granted.

There has been talk of getting rid of the burn out castle but that is not supposed to happen for two years.

Again more talk and ONLY talk at this time is for a new water slide next to Shotgun going all the way from the top of the hill to the chair lift just like the monorail and toboggan ride used too in the past before they got ripped out.

I can't believe they would leave that castle to rot for a couple of years. I can understand them not rebuilding there, but it won't look good just sitting there in its current state.

Yeah, I saw some white markers around the back of Shotgun, but it looked like they were planting shrubs there.

For a park that was closed, it certainly did look busy earlier on in the week. They must have had a bit of cleaning up to do.

Does anyone know the numbers they got through for the whole season?

• 1 month later...

Popped down to Adventure World today. A few little jobs are obviously happening around the park, including nice new advertising signs and some major deconstruction of the Freefall. No new work on the castle as yet.

Pictures are on my blog:

http://parks115.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/adventure-world-update.html

They only got Freefall in 2010, so I think they will be holding on to it a bit longer. They had a Facebook survey towards the end of last season about Freefall and whether you prefer to go up or down on it. Considering that the drop function wasn't working at the time, most people probably weren't aware that it wasn't fully functional. There was only one time I went on it last season when I thought it was done, but they seemed to get that sorted out.

According to Reckless Loony, who seems to know a lot about what's going on, their plan is to demolish the castle in a couple of years time. That sounds insane as it means the derelict castle will be sitting around for at least another year. The island, itself, would be difficult to construct on or work on.

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide