Ettamogah

jjuttp

The original Ettamogah Pub in Aulbury is set to (or has) reopen and in future attach a small waterpark. From the image it looks to be a Tantrum Alley.

And in other news (that hasn't changed in the last 5 years), the company is also looking to expand to incorporate more "Aussie World" like parks up and down the east coast.

I personally see both as being possible with the recent AW additions going in.

I think its possible, due to the fact that they own a successful small park that's rapidly growing to contend with those 2 hours south, they have a number of shows in production (2 of which have been sold to 9 and 10 respectively) with corresponding merch, and to top it off a successful chain of restaurants. By the sounds of it, the Albury-Wodonga council are backing it to get more people to visit the town. These alone are a major tourist spot, and while A-W isn't really bypass-able to Melbourne without going severely out of the way; a direct quote from people there i know, there is "fuck all" to do there. If the council backs not only the pub, but the park too, it gains more visitors to the town, thus generating more money for both properties, and allows for more projects in the future, and the town to grow.

• 1 year later...

I actually had the oppotunity to visit the original Ettamogah on friday, and was amazed with how much they carry the theme through. Most themed anything only plays up the front and maybe has a thing or 2 on the inside (case in point, Kellyville's Ettamogah, and Dreamworld.). Right the way through to the toilets and the back of the property were themed accordingly and was an experience many places could learn from.

It also appears that the planned park and the likes are still going ahead. Development appears to be happening, property had recently been bought on both sides and the following photo was massively held up on one wall downstairs.

20150605_104506.thumb.jpg.76a19917e64b4b