MW Mini Driving School - Officially Confirmed

Brad2912

I got down to check out Mini Driving School today. I was very impressed with how it turned out. Everything looks amazing. The only thing is they need some sort of middle barrier to stop people crossing over into wrong lanes as it was just causing traffic jams and head ons all the time. If they could figure out a one way flow that would be better. It also suffers from MW's typical insanely slow loading time. Waiting until everyone has left the entire floor area. One staff member going around realigning all the cars to face the correct way and then finaly allowing kids back on.

I also dont see the need for the speedy taxis now. Its a bit weird having so many ride on cars. Its the shame as the speedy area is some of the best themeing in the park and I would hate to see it go.

Over all a top job and I know its no looney tunes river ride but kids will love it.

post-2912-0-83035800-1412750309_thumb.jp

post-2912-0-75098900-1412750342_thumb.jp

post-2912-0-70599300-1412750375_thumb.jp

post-2912-0-81740800-1412750407_thumb.jp

post-2912-0-84738000-1412750442_thumb.jp

post-2912-0-05394100-1412750476_thumb.jp

post-2912-0-40292800-1412750510_thumb.jp

Edited by MacPark

Took my son on Mini Driving School today, he turned 2 last weekend. He absolutely loved it. I was really impressed to with the detail and the size of the attraction. Well staffed, didn't see a single instance of people playing 'bumper cars' as some had suggested.

1 cycle wait in queue (5mins), the only thing holding up efficiency in load/unload is the size and the fact the cars can obviously stop anywhere in the building, so can be a bit of a walk around to find that last available car. They do a great job of it though.

5 min wait for the licence photo card, great touch for the kids.

All in all, a great attraction!

As for the rest of the park, usual issue with F&B outlets closing early. 3:15 Gotham Cafe closed already, sweet shop closed before 4. Only place to buy a post mix drink after 4 was the little kiosk near entry/exit, which had run out of post mix coke (hello just attach another box of syrup!). Park was fairly busy for a Friday in school time.

Scooby closed at about 3:45 to prepare for FN. The new entry sign has nothing on the old castle (even though that was getting dated).

As I was walking out at 4:15 the Terror Tour people were trying to get in the park, but were told they couldn't enter until 4:30 and they were kicking up a stink.

Yes, it was nice and busy today. Some of my friends gave the Driving School a go. They got on first cycle. There were lots of spare cars on the track that had to be moved. Some kids are really bad drivers. One of my friends was rear ended. There appeared to be a bit of time between cycles.

Is it a ride for me - no. Does it serve a purpose in the park - certainly does.

i'm sure the technology would have added to the price, but I think a nice little add-on would be a 'self driving car'. Industrial forklifts and the like are capable of following a little foil track on the floor (hell - grade 6 kids build Lego robots that can do it) and it probably wouldn't take much to have them all return to a home position right next to the entrance gate. Clearly they are already remote controlled for start and stop - I can't imagine it would take much more to have them set up with a 'homing beacon'...

Oh well - not going to happen now, but would have been a cool little feature - would also make staff jobs much easier.

Yeah, that's a great idea Alex. They appeared to have lots of staff on, even if some appeared to be training. I can't fault any of the ride operators at MW, today. I have never got on and off rides so quickly. Dreamworld, on the other hand, really seemed to under staff quite a few of their rides, creating much longer wait times. Their food stalls closed really early too.

• 2 years later...
6 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

Sorry to bump and old thread but thought it was the place to put it.

Do people think that we will see JDS theming changed or updated after the hyper coaster opens to include DD and the hyper coaster?

There might be the chance of them to update the attraction to accommodate the two attraction as it will be undergoing maintenance from Monday 27th November and it is set to reopen on Sunday 10th December.

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

Yeah but weather VRTP spend the capex on this is my question. Considering they are being very money conscious now.

I don't think updating the wall murals by painting a part of the hypercoaster and doomsday will cost much. 

Although they may not be able to decide which paint colour to pick up from Bunnings for the new track 😜