MW Mini Driving School - Officially Confirmed

Brad2912

Ah yes we can always count on the good old Roxy Theatre bringing out a new attraction in an otherwise slow growth year for MW - always a welcome refresh!

And to those of you oversized big kids out there wanting a shot at looking ridiculous by begging for a go on the kiddie cars, maybe it's time to pack those Transformers away in the toy box and let the Littlies have their moment in the spotlight?

Still feel like you're missing out?

Then maybe a job in Operations is for you! Whilst being a part of a new ride's launch'crew' has historically been an honour and a priveledge amongst the MW button pushers, perhaps this will be one role to err ' buck the trend'? Put it this way, If my supervisor wanted to 'reward' me with opening month in the driving school i think id be sick.. At least you would get to drive those cars around right? Particularly during morning testing - during the day it's handed over to the Littlies to run riot like gremlins tearing up mini movie world town whilst the poor Ride Attendants slowly go batshit crazy over the course of the day. Only to do it all again tomorrow.. and the next day.. and the next day..

Think I'm overreacting? The idea of Tijuana taxis on steroids is no laughing matter to someone in the know

Mini Cars Driving School Update: Only three photos today (which I upload later) as a MW Worker said I can't take any pictures of ride at all :(

However I managed to see a sign that reads "WB KIDS!" With Tweety and Sylvester figures displayed! Sadly looks like I'm not allowed to get any more pictures of Mini Cars Driving School until it opens..

Yeah - considering movie world is doing such a great job of hyping the ride up in all forms of media, they shouldn't allow enthusiasts who are really pretty good ambassadors for the park to catch a few sneak preview shots.

Now - i'm not saying let them reveal all the secrets ahead of the big announcement - but perhaps they could:

1. announce it earlier
  2. make more effort in hiding things if they don't want people taking pictures

We had shots months ago of the construction of main street, the backwall façade etc... and now that it's testing they're going to try and stop you? PATHETIC.

If they wanted to keep it under wraps, then the giant hole in the wall should have been adequately blocked during the entire construction period.

I would have much preferred it if Movie World had made this ride more like Movie Park's 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles License to Drive' attraction: http://www.taaindustries.com/en/proyecto59.html

Two things I like about Movie Park's version: it is outdoors, and it's themed to an appropriate IP. I just don't understand the decision to go with a generic 'mini Movie World' theme. And I particularly dislike the fact that they have wasted a massive dark ride show building for it.

Edited by GoGoBoy

I'll give you the use of a Massive Show building as a negative, but I'm kinda digging the theme. I would have preferred a 'Streets of Looney Tunes' type of theme so it'd fit the theme of the land better, but to be honest I think "Mini Movie World" is pretty cool. Don't tell me you didn't ride the Vintage Cars at Dreamworld as a kid and think it'd be the most fun in the world to drive one of those cars around the park?

Don't tell me you didn't ride the Vintage Cars at Dreamworld as a kid and think it'd be the most fun in the world to drive one of those cars around the park?

If they hadn't had a guide rail on those cars when I was younger, Dreamworld Management would have sent one of their number down to the local police station to report one car stolen :D

Remembering that ride brings me to mind the question, how on earth do those cars run? They're obviously speed-limited for one thing, but are they using a modified engine or is the guide rail electrified?

I thought they were just modified to a set speed but can be set higher for maintenance/moving/other uses. As for the steering, I'd assume given they can be freely steered for maint again, that there's simply a toggle on the car somewhere to allow for the steering wheel to actually be useful.