Wet 'n' Wild GC - Junior Attraction

So far we know that it is going to be similar to the one at WNWS, it will have 9 slides and will go behind Buccaneer Bay.

I think WNW JR idea is a good one, particularly when Buccaneer Bay is one of few attractions in the park which kids can go on. I hope its has the mini tornado, etc like WNWS. That way parents can go on the rides with their kids.

How do you know this

In the news article they mention he one in Sydney and will be similar to it. It also says: "The attraction, which will be built near Buccaneer Bay, boasts nine water slides and is a mini version of WetnWild itself." And construction work has been seen betweenBuccaneer Bay and constrictor.

I know it's over in the Mini Movie World thread - but perhaps the WnW Jr portion of the article could be posted here too for relevance?

Gold Coast theme parks catering to little kids with new junior attractions at Movie World and WetnWild

Village Roadshow Theme Parks will today announce a pint-sized water park for WetnWild.

Theme park spokesman Darrin Davies said the new area was expected to be a big hit with young families.

WetnWild in Sydney already has a junior water park and Mr Davies said it was one of the parks most popular attractions.

It is working really well in Sydney and we think it will have the same effect on the Gold Coast, he said.

This is a zone where families can just come and park themselves.

The attraction, which will be built near Buccaneer Bay, boasts nine water slides and is a mini version of WetnWild itself.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/gold-coast-theme-parks-catering-to-little-kids-with-new-junior-attractions-at-movie-world-and-wetnwild/story-fnj94idh-1226940584292

(edited to only include the WnW Jr info - full story given at link shown, along with pictures)

maybe they're going to have a mini version of each ride... including bringing back the aquadrop

That would be a good idea. They had fully installed it, but I never saw it being used. Did anyone ever see it operate? Maybe they have it in a store room in the park, because they have been planning this for a few years now.

Also - the 'WnW JR is for kids who can't ride the adult versions... i doubt the AquaDrop would be suitable for that age group...

I would have thought that WnW JR would be aimed for kids who are old enough who want to try something a little more daring than the ones in Buccaneer Bay. If they feature a mini Tornado, I would have thought that AquaDrop would be fine. It could be the thrill ride for the area.

Wasn't there a problem with Aqua Drop? Wasn't that why they pulled it out?

Indeed there was a problem many people were getting injured. I got test the slide and it was horrible as I injured my back it felt like if someone throwed a huge stone on your back.. The queue line to the Aquadrop is now being used as the Fast Track queue line

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't really understand this either, having never seen the Sydney park.

My youngest child is 7 and she can ride everything at WNW already I think, needing an adult on several.

What is the point of building 'mini' versions of the same rides when kids can go on them anyway?

What age child are they aimed to go up to?

My oldest is nearly 6, and happy to go on every coaster/flat ride she's tall enough for (and measuring herself for the Giant Drop every time we go to Dreamworld - I reckon she might be there in a month), while some of her friends would be scared to go on the Dronkey flyer. On the other hand, she's not swimming yet, and can't really go on any of the big slides at W&W.