seaworld this weekend

lolman123

lolman, it's all speculation. If you want to go - go. If you hold off going to parks on days you think will have crowds - you'll never go.

Go with 'medium' It is a long weekend, and it is one of the last weekends before many VIP passes expire. If the weather does eventuate, then it is possible the crowds may drop a little... but they may not.

Was at Sea World this morning. Storm coaster broke down twice! This caused huge crowds on Vikings Revenge. Ride Storm with caution! The event that it will get stuck is very likely. Also no work on reclaimed land / dino island. Annoying gate still there and far too dangerous to climb over now.

Unless you see all the shows it is impossible to fill a day. I spent the afternoon at Movie World.

Unless you see all the shows it is impossible to fill a day. I spent the afternoon at Movie World.

Kinda the thing though, Sea World is built around seeing the shows so if you skip them and animals you won't fill your day.

The event that it will get stuck is very likely.

Id say that to consider something 'very likely' it happens far more often than not.

You say it broke down twice today, how many cycles did it successfully run?

To say it is very likely it will break down while you are on it is a little over the top. Id probably say 'possible but very unlikely' - like every other ride in existence

It was broken down by 10.30. I just hired a locker to ride it and by the time I got to the entry it was broken down. I was given free locker hire later so I used it after the first dolphin show when it was working again. Got 1 ride in, rejoined the queue and it broke down...again.

On my last visit I came in later in the day, Storm was closed, they said it would open later. It opened after 3pm. I got 2 rides in and it broke down.

I do think Storm is very unreliable. It cost $20 million which could have beeen spent retheming Bermuda Triangle. With Sea Viper still closed Sea World really fail when it comes to rides.

I didn't get that wet on Storm today. I got more wet on Wild West Falls. BTW Vikings Revenge has very poor theming and is the lamest log flume ride on the Gold Coast now they shortened it.

come on seaworld lift your game. storm is new and it shold'nt be braking down.

Maybe they need Mack to show them how to operate it. The boats keep getting stuck in the same spot.

God sometimes crap is posted on here.

If the boats are getting stuck it's a design issue, Mack designs the ride so it's actually their fault not Sea Worlds (which is two words by the way experts).

The ride in the greater scheme of things is relatively new and sometimes bugs develop. Does anyone post on here how many times Scooby goes down in a day?

There's plenty of times complaining is valid but some of the above comments are just silly.

Doesn't really matter. It's not like coasters are on the shelf at a supermarket. Really even if there's one or two others , each one may as well be a one off in the construction/production sense.

There is a lot to go wrong with even simple rides in order to make them safe.

Doesn't really matter. It's not like coasters are on the shelf at a supermarket. Really even if there's one or two others , each one may as well be a one off in the construction/production sense.

There is a lot to go wrong with even simple rides in order to make them safe.

True, I was taking a too broad look at the "design flaw" comment I guess.

It's a shame though that there's all these pissed off people complaining about it. I mean has there ever been a ride at any park that hasn't had teething problems? It's better that it breaks down and gets fixed rather than they never build it to begin with.

Precisely - Storm is barely six months old. If it's an inherent problem that keeps happening, Mack will be obliged to fix it, or redesign it and replace the faulty part with the redesign.

If it were a custom design, with custom components that were dictated by sea world, then it would be their problem - but it's a stock coaster... they all have problems, but if it's a faulty product, it will be warrantied.