Aussie World Expansion

DazzaM

When TPR come back, they have another Wacky Worm to insult!

Robb and Elissa have said they're curtailing their trips this year, after 10 years straight of trip after trip. I hope to see them back in action next year - but as we don't have as much to offer, regular trips 'down under' are unlikely.

Robb and Elissa have said they're curtailing their trips this year, after 10 years straight of trip after trip. I hope to see them back in action next year - but as we don't have as much to offer, regular trips 'down under' are unlikely.

I think you're being unduly hard on Australia to be honest.

Sure, it'd be nice if you had a B&M and a modern wooden twister, but I'd argue that the Gold Coast area is a very decent alternative to Florida, with a major virtue being that it's far less crowded.

I've got to say I prefer the Australian sense of fun to the average uptight American, too... :)

Edited by Noxegon

I think you're being unduly hard on Australia to be honest.

Sure, it'd be nice if you had a B&M and a modern wooden twister, but I'd argue that the Gold Coast area is a very decent alternative to Florida, with a major virtue being that it's far less crowded.

I've got to say I prefer the Australian sense of fun to the average uptight American, too... :)

I disagree. When you take a look at an itinerary for a TPR trip, it's usually back-to-back parks, usually with just enough time in between for travel, sleep, and for Elissa to get some pasta. It's a mad rush, with everything planned down to the minute. (It needs to be to fit all those little extras in that they arrange with the parks)... I just don't think that many people (mostly TPR Club members) would trek over here on what would be quite an expensive travel cost (not to mention travel time) to visit 4 parks on the GC. It's widely accepted MW is lacking in being a full day park. In previous discussions we've already determined that credit whores are going to walk straight into WnW and back out again after riding surfrider, so you're left with only two parks - SW and DW on the gold coast. DW is at most a two-day park (and then only because of terrible capacity) and SW is a one day park. How you can compare that to the Disney property in Florida alone, which would take weeks to do properly, not to mention Universal...

I mean thats like saying your loungeroom TV is a decent alternative to a Gold Class cinema premiere. I'm sorry but I just don't agree. You're touring Australia, you're riding a lot of things at a lot of parks... but after your mammoth trip - how soon are you going to do another one, just to go back and re-do all the same things you just did?

You're touring Australia, you're riding a lot of things at a lot of parks... but after your mammoth trip - how soon are you going to do another one, just to go back and re-do all the same things you just did?

I did the Gold Coast in March 2008 and December 2009, and am now heading back in February 2014.

It's not all about credit whoring. Sometimes you just want a few laid-back days at parks.

Nice find DisneyDoll! These new attractions will be a great addition to Aussie World's offering, further enhancing this little parks already strong reputation. Its great to see the smaller parks like here, Adventure World, Jamberroo and the Luna Parks contune to expand and thrive alongside the majors.

Is there an expected opening date or time frame mentioned at all DisneyDoll?

Edited by Jobe

Thanks Jobe, no I couldn't see any dates on the website although the were really pushing Australia Day to be there for all the races etc that they usually have. Maybe it will be open by then but I would've thought that the current school holidays would've been the perfect time to open the coaster :-/ I'll be up there next week so I will take a look & let everyone know if it is.

I was thinking of taking my 6 year old to Aussie World over the holidays, but the height restrictions have made me a little reluctant. She'd be more interested in the 'thrill rides' than the kiddie ones, and most of them have a height limit of 130cm, of which she is way off. She was just shy of getting on the 120cm rides last month at Dreamworld.

• 3 weeks later...

Aussie World have been advertising their 'Tiny Tots Tuesday' which includes a few kiddies rides for a reduced price for a couple of hours in the morning, but one thing that I noticed was the last line...

Tiny Tots Tuesdays

Every Tuesday during School Terms - Starting 27 January 2015!

Open 9am but rides from 10am until 12 noon every Tuesday during school terms, come and have some FUN!

Mention Tiny Tots Tuesday when you arrive and adults and children under 5 will pay just $10 each! While the kids are having fun, adults can enjoy a FREE coffee!*

Available from 9am until 12 noon:

• Platypus Ponds Mini Golf
  • Leak'n Logs Water Play Area
Available from 10am until 12 noon:
  • Tykes Trolley
  • Bizzy Buggies
  • Tin Lids Tea Party
  • The Carousel, and
  • Giggle Go Round
  • NEW Bug Run Kiddie Rollercoaster OPEN SOON!
PLUS From 12pm enjoy our FUN Aussie World Show!

Has anybody seen or heard anything about this show? I'm curious to know what it is all about. Hope it is something entertaining, but it is great to see Aussie World offering more and fleshing the place out into a full day park.

The full article can be found here: http://www.aussieworld.com.au/events/tiny-tots-tuesdays

• 2 months later...

can't wait to give that a go...

Agreed Alex this looks like a brilliant attraction!! Who would have thought that little old Aussie World is keeping the dark attraction flag flying high! This appears to be an excellent addition to Aussie World's growing roster of rides and attractions, and coupled with the new Bug Run kiddie coaster, really diversifies their attraction base considerably. It looks very similar to Infinity on the Gold Coast, itself an excellent walkthru attraction. Does anyone know if Atomiq, the creators of The Illusionarium , were involved with Infinity? $800,000 is also a serious investment for a small park like Aussie World to sink into a walk through attraction like this, especially in the same year that Ballroom Blitz and Bug Run have both been introduced. Well done Aussie World. Definitely will be a must visit with the family next time we are on the coast!

Nothing is mentioned on the Atomiq website about them designing Infinity. They were, however, responsible for most of the theming on the Motocoaster, Tower of Terror 2, Dreamworks Experience, The Claw, Buzzsaw, Shockwave, Wiggles World, White Water World and V8 Supercars Redline among many others.

It will be interesting to see if Aussie World sticks with Atomiq, as this may lead to even more themed attractions.