Future Additions for Gold Coast Theme Parks

Not really... There was no signage for the Mini Cars in the park... There were HUGE posters in SW for Wild which were then removed and given that the animals they were to be receiving were being rehoused from somewhere else they would have had to have been sent elsewhere after funds for Wild were redistributed for the polar bear preschool at short notice...

Isn't Wild following a similar trail?

I do hope so. Despite the wild idea not entirely fitting into the theme of Sea World, it will be a great addition to the park. As far as I am aware there aren't any hippos or gorillas in captivity in Queensland. Something definitely will be happening on the reclaimed land, as SW continued to do so and it is now finished. I do think they announced it too early (2012). They said it would be coming in Summer 2014, then 2015 and now we don't know. Either the reclaiming has taken longer than expected and now it has to sit there for a certain amount of time, to ensure that it is stable enough for construction to begin on it; or the zoo they were going to get the animals from has decided to keep them and now SW need to plan something else (I doubt the second option though). I personally think we might see something next year. They have only just got Storm and they are trying to fix Sea Viper. Movie World and WNW are getting new kids attractions.

A great big 10 thrill ride is a big coaster that's never been in Australia before like those upside down wooden coasters such as Goliath at SFGA or Iron Rattler those would be fun!!! But smooth. A way we could buy those coasters is after the big 9 ride is released, the park could save money depending on how much the coaster would cost.

For me, a 'big 10 thrill ride' would be a replacement to eureka. And it has to be a circuit coaster. That's it. That's all I want.

• 3 weeks later...

^Actually, when you think about it - the Mummy is not much more than an indoor coaster with some special effects and lighting thrown in. Scooby already fits that description.. The catch is that you'd need a bigger show building... but it's not outside the realm of achieveable... Showstage is an option, you could even 'absorb' one of the sound stages closest to Arkham (which is undoubtedly a waste, but an option if the studios aren't performing well enough)

To be honest, I think Dreamworld will use the section out the back for a 'Marvel World' to rival MW and DC. The Marvel movies are hugely popular at the moment and as they are stocking their stores with marvel gear, I think the big 10 ride will come sooner rather than later. Maybe in time for Avengers: Age of Ultron? It could just be a licensing agreement (all the merchandise in stores) but I believe it could be part of a bigger plan.

That sounds like a good idea - it would allow them the freedom to move away from a strictly immersive adventure, and implement some kick-ass coaster-time (with associated storyline of course).. something HKDL at the very least desperately needs (or they could stick with immersive and go with something in line with Transformers)

I imagine Iron Man and I just see similar storyline to Superman Escape... underground tour interrupted by token bad guy or event, subsequent rescue by superhero (*cue launch), followed by relevant twisting and turning, diving and looping coaster elements before returning to the station...

That sounds like a good idea - it would allow them the freedom to move away from a strictly immersive adventure, and implement some kick-ass coaster-time (with associated storyline of course).. something HKDL at the very least desperately needs (or they could stick with immersive and go with something in line with Transformers)

I imagine Iron Man and I just see similar storyline to Superman Escape... underground tour interrupted by token bad guy or event, subsequent rescue by superhero (*cue launch), followed by relevant twisting and turning, diving and looping coaster elements before returning to the station...

If you have seen Iron Man 3, it could be based on the part where 'the Mandarin' blows up his mansion.

• 2 months later...