Curiosity: TV Shows in DW.

Blake

I used to watch that show. It was actually filmed in Brisbane, but the opening scene to the show made it seem like it was at Sea World and WWW. The building at WWW was were the frozen coke is now. They hosts used to be painted on it. The show really just had a partnership with the parks and would film some things there.

Another show was Toasted TV. That used to be filmed at Sea World (this one was actually filmed at SW). It was usually filmed on the orange deck, where the nickelodeon characters are now. Then the show moved to Dreamworld.

H2O (I think it was called) (some girl mermaid thing) - that filmed its underwater scenes at Sea World

I know a couple of episodes of Talent Time were filmed at Dreamworld as well.

And now Camp Orange films there due to the partnership with Nickelodeon

And then there are the breakfast news shows which now and then film from the parks as well.

Edited by themagician

Shak used to be at SW where Seal Harbour now is... Was also the same area parts of Flipper where filmed back around 1998-2000.

I used to watch that show. It was actually filmed in Brisbane, but the opening scene to the show made it seem like it was at Sea World and WWW. The building at WWW was were the frozen coke is now. They hosts used to be painted on it. The show really just had a partnership with the parks and would film some things there.

Another show was Toasted TV. That used to be filmed at Sea World (this one was actually filmed at SW). It was usually filmed on the orange deck, where the nickelodeon characters are now. Then the show moved to Dreamworld.

H2O (I think it was called) (some girl mermaid thing) - that filmed its underwater scenes at Sea World

I know a couple of episodes of Talent Time were filmed at Dreamworld as well.

And then there are the breakfast news shows which now and then film from the parks as well.

Ah okay! Thanks, I don't know what made me think it was at Dreamworld. It's been a long time since the show aired.

Incorrect, H2O and H2O: Just Add Water were both filmed (and the later continues to be filmed) in the MW studios in the underwater tank.

Oh my mistake. I thought that there were dolphins and fish in the show. I was told it was at SW, but obviously they were wrong. I never watched the show (obviously), but my sister did when she was younger.

EDIT: I just googled the show and it says it was filmed at Sea World and Movie World on the Gold Coast.

Edited by themagician

In H2O, one of the mermaids worked for an aquatic park which was filmed at seaworld.

http://www.australiantelevision.net/h2o/behindthescenes.html heres some behind the scenes photos of H2O.

In the photos it shows major/large underwater scenes being filmed at sea world and the scene that looks like in some sort of cave at the movie world studios.

I saw the filming of toasted tv when I worked at Movie World in 2005.

I remember one of my trips to movie world, I saw the original toasted TV hosts filming their show. It was so cool to see the hosts of my favourite TV show at the time right there in front of me. Unfortunately I was too shy to say hi. It would have been amazing to say hi to them.