Question about Saturday sessions

Yer bud,$16.50 for everyone, though if you go say at 10am you can still stay in the park till 10 but if you come in after 5pm you only pay the $16.50 for 5 hours. Mate, watch out for the crowds though, i suggest if you want to head to Wonderland for the last time go from 10am and if you want to see what it's like at night stay a bit longer. You jut dont wanna get caught in the mamoth lines on Saturday night. Ask Liam he will tell you the terror of confronting the Demon at 7pm! And every ride is open except the Snowy River rampage closes at 8pm because of the lack of lighting. This saturday night they opened the Bush Beast for the whole time so mate,just snowy is closed from 8pm onwards. And the show dubbed the Saturday Session wont be seen anymore, it was cancelled last week, because there is no point in having bands there when there is no prize money to give them!

every saturday is getting worse when i went 3 weeks ago it hit 10 000 people and now just last saturday hit well over 15 000 people. im planning to go on a saturday but its the talk of the week. everyone at school is planning to go on saturday nights and even my cousins from griffith are planning to go on saturday night. The place is the most popular tourist attraction this country has had so far. its just been so chaotic.

Yeah, I was puzzled when I didn't see the shows at 7pm. It's a shame, since it really gave the night some life. Bush Beast now has some temporary bright lights (night road-work type) in the middle of the course pointing every direction, it actually looks pretty good! It's probally also worth noting that Bush Beast now has both trains on the track. Um, yeah - don't even think about going to Demon at that time. 1 ride op + lines all the way down to Thrills 'n' Chills do not mix! Snowy River Rampage has some weird setting now. The first set of jets go off every 10 or so seconds - even if no boat is there. I guess it kind of adds to the "randomness factor" (wait.. no.. huh?!). Despite only having 2 cars operating on Space Probe, it seems everything at Wonderland is running very well. The crazy freak that talks to game attendants was there all night also. I even managed to find another Bounty's Girl on Bounty's Revenge :D The amount of Everlast shirts I saw on Saturday was disturbing, Liam

The place is the most popular tourist attraction this country has had so far.
Shifty, that's a damn big call old son... So is your 15,000 people one. Where exactly are you getting your numbers, because it seems extremely far-fetched? Are you just estimating or what? We've been through this before... Why only 2 cabins at Probe? What's the John Dory? How can you say it's running well with only 2 cabins? It's probably adding 15-20 minutes to your wait, at least! Also, only 1 at Demon is just absolutely ridiculous. 1 person operation will add at least 30 seconds to 1 minute every single cycle. Absolute stupidity. Funny, they've put lights at Bush Beast and are operating all night hey? When I put the reason down to inadequate lighting, I was slagged off, you idiots!

Whilst not as busy as Saturday night the weekends still draw in good crowds not unbearable, but enough to go home and say it was packed. Though you will get all the majors and some flats in throughout the day, You see on Saturday night, people go in the day, some stay the night and then you have everyone coming in at 5pm for only $16.50 so why wouldn't you go for that price, especially when it's closing.

The place is packed all the time at the moment and has been since the closure announcement. Even the threat of rain does not stop people now. The park is bursting at the seams most days, it's incredible. I certainly wouldn't want to visit on a weekend, or anytime now for that matter. I believe some of the staff are finding it a bit difficult and management are also finding it difficult to roster the adequate number of staff each day. I have noticed that they are still constantly advertising for new staff... even just a few days ago. It will be interesting to see whether the easter show and luna park take away some of the crowds. I doubt it though

Here we go again huh? Shifty, the 'person' you heard say 15,000 was probably a guest who was standing next to you at the time, because let me tell you that only a few people are told the number of guests in the park on any day, and those people are management and supervisors of certain departments at the park. Next time you are in the park have a look at the turnstiles, particularly the back of them (park side), you will see a small piece of black tape over the counter. I've been at the park the last five Saturdays, night included and I’m pretty sure that there has not been over 10,000 people in the park. I wouldn't be surprised to see over that number during the final weeks, but it will be pushing it. "The Bus is now leaving for Numberthown, Western Australia"

Not sure about Probe running only 2 cabins, next time I'm there I will ask around and find out. It hasn't been operating for a while now so I guess it is some type of mechanical or electrical problem. As for Demon having only one person there, I’m not sure what the reason was for that, maybe they were required at another ride. As for Shifty I'm not going to get into this argument again about attendances so I will refer you here. I have another thing to add to that. On December 1st 2003, Wonderland Sydney hosted the CFMEU picnic day. This was a day where all union members and their families were invited to the park. Now we are talking every construction site in Sydney closing down for the day so the workers could go to the park. If you had seen the traffic in the morning and afternoon and you compared it to any Saturday you would see that there is no comparison. Next time you are at Wonderland ask any staff member to compare the 2003 CFMEU day with any Saturday and they will tell you that there is no comparison. "The Bus is now leaving for Dead Bull Creek Right Branch, Victoria"

You're not OVER exaggerating Shifty, but does that mean you are still exaggerating? I'm thinking 15,000 would almost be beyond capacity. 10,000 means 90 minute waits at a ride like Snowy. I got caught on the M4 that day. Traffic was banked back for at least a couple of kilometres west bound approaching the Wallgrove exit. It was a poo fight! Would have left any Union Day I'd ever had been involved in for dead.

• 4 weeks later...