Fright Night 2014

Zanstabar

Well it's getting around that time of year again, as Movie World starts to slowly reveal information about this year's Fright Nights! While I don't believe there is any information on the event floating about the internet, I though it might be good to discuss what everyone is looking forward to with this years event! Is there a maze that you want to see? Would you like to see ticket prices dropped? Maze numbers increased? How about proper scare-zones?

What's everyone's speculations?

I thought last years Fright Night was great (it was the first time I had been). The Evil Dead and Walking Dead Mazes were great. The stunt/circus show was pretty good as well. The range of characters in main street was also great. I don't think they will reduce the price, but I would expect we will see the same number of nights as we ended up seeing last year. I'm sure the theme and mazes will change, but I do hope they have a Walking Dead Maze again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FIRST MAZE LOCATION CONFIRMED: I managed to spot some wood behind a staff only gate near the Show Stage! Here's the evidence folks! ;)https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=741484075917520&id=741091635956764ouldn't I couldn't see much work in Scooby queue line at the moment neither no work near the Sound Stages..

So are houses, boxes, boats, grandstands, shelters, steps, fences and floorboards. We these special planks labelled with the word 'maze' on them

I will give credit to you here there. As for the Special Planks I couldn't see any a word that said "maze" But there could be more wood at the back where the Saw Maze was.. I wouldn't think they would be building something else in the Show Stage without them telling us.. Are you going agree that the Show Stage is going to be used for Fright Nights this year right? Edited by The_Ninja_59

There is an extremely small chance it won't happen.

Why do you think that would happen (no offence) Is it because the Show Stage hasn't even been open this year at all? That happened last year.. I forget to say this but there's been rumour that people have been booking the Show Stage for parties and stuff is that true? Edited by The_Ninja_59

I will give credit to you here there. As for the Special Planks I couldn't see any a word that said "maze" But there could be more wood at the back where the Saw Maze was.. I wouldn't think they would be building something else in the Show Stage without them telling us.. Are you going agree that the Show Stage is going to be used for Fright Nights this year right?

But what's to say the planks aren't just sitting there out of the way to be moved elsewhere later?

Why do you think that would happen (no offence) Is it because the Show Stage hasn't even been open this year at all?

Because he can't cover every possible variable?

As reanimated said it is due to it not being confirmed as a maze and just because it was used as one the previous years you can't just assume it will be used again as one this year. Also it is a show stage, somewhat sure when people do things around shows they make sets and those sets are made from, wait for it... wood! Whilst it is highly likely it will be used for a maze again due to the enclosed nature of the building nothing will be known for sure until we get closer to the event, as far as we know they could be building a boat!

It's true though. They're using it to build the boat which will then be shipped (no pun intended but hey, it works) over to the studios next door. They would have built it over there but they wanted to keep the studios available just in case they needed them (well the ones that aren't currently being used as it is) and since the show stage wasn't being used it made sense to make use of the space they had available.

The foreman's name is actually George by the way.

Source? My mate's dad is one of the painters who starts work next Wednesday to prepare some of the wood for use.

i usually leave it late. Sometimes when they put extra nights on due to demand, the 'late announced' nights aren't quite so busy. Also, like when 31 Oct falls on a sun-thursday they usually put a night on then, and being a weeknight its also a bit quieter (this time round is a friday, so that night is going to be hell!)

The first night or two is usually a bit quieter, but the experience is also a little 'lessened' as the actors aren't yet in the swing of things. Not meaning to slur the staff who work on the event they all try their best and do a great job - but the first night or two they're still trying to get kinks worked out etc so it doesn't all run as smoothly.

I managed to see if the wood was still there when I went today. Sure enough the wood was still there However I forgot to post this part in my FaceBook post saying that workers were entering the building as one of the doors was open however I didn't get a image plus the building was pitch black so I couldn't see anything.. Plus they have set up some lightbulbs have been set up from Scooby's exit to the entrance to the Show Stage. Plus one of the doors was slightly open (Picture 4) I tried to peak but I couldn't see anything, I went to guest services to ask what was going on in the Show Stage and they admitted that they were using it for Fright Nights 2014.. Anyways here's the pictures! post-29384-0-52458000-1408855595_thumb.jpost-29384-0-76138500-1408855729_thumb.jpost-29384-0-01021600-1408855776_thumb.jpost-29384-0-14272600-1408855861_thumb.j