Fright Night 2014

Zanstabar

Looking forward to Cannibals and Evil Within. I assume Evil within will be in one of the big studios, As its backed up by a major gaming company. Maybe Jack the ripper could make it to the other big studio next to it as well. Not sure how Jack the ripper would be much scary, more gory probably. If they can replicate bits of london that would be amazing. Clowns is generally scary all round for most people I assume especially evil looking ones. Not sure how much story telling you need for that one, that maze could replace the studio in scooby.

Interestingly a similar maze is being installed at the EB Expo this year which is on from the 3rd-5th of October, which happens to also be the first weekend of Fright Nights.

Warner Bros. Movie World 'Fright Nights' Maze

Get ready to experience a whole new level of terror with The Evil Within teaser maze at EB Expo thanks to Warner Bros. Movie World Fright Nights.

Using The Evil Within as inspiration, a maze will be created that includes real-life characters from the game roaming around the pathways, and is sure to be a test of nerves for anyone brave enough to enter.

Visit the Bethesda stand at EB Expo to get hands on with the Evil Within and experience the maze, if you dare.

Edited by MrLukeCarroll

Well the final maze has been announced. Personally, not too keen on it but there could be worse...

We are excited to announce our final Fright Nights 2014 maze: Wolf Creek 2! Live the Terror in a horrifying maze with the murderous Mick Taylor hunting you down. Get in quick to secure your ticket now: http://bit.ly/1z9USYQ

10659349_10152525752062182_5598275068805

Really? You're not keen on a movie themed maze, made by the studio that runs the park, which also happens to be be one of the most successful Australian horror movie themes of recent decades? Really? You're not keen?

I meant I'm not keen on the Wolf Creek franchise. Everything else about the event looks to be great!

Keen on what it will look like inside. Prob wont be as scary as the others.

Well it's not going to be the Hillbilly Slasher 2 maze with an Wolf Creek theme with it and that's for certain.

You don't think it's going to be scary compared than the other mazes? If you say so..

Anyways Here's my guess where the maze locations will be.

Cannibal Clowns- Scooby Doo Queueline

The Ripper aka Jack The Ripper- Show Stage

Evil Within- Sound Stage 2

Wolf Creek 2- Sound Stage 1

Edited by The_Ninja_59

Sneak peak photos of the evil within maze on themepark social Facebook

It looks amazing from the photos also this year a source told me they are doing V.I.P tours of the mazes a behind-the-scenes thing

Does anyone think the maze in Scooby has any chance of being any good this year every year the maze in Scooby is a major let down

I am guessing it will be cannibal clowns in Scooby

Edited by ispy

^do you have a source for saying it will be simplistic, or just your views based on a single visit??

They usually try not to obscure the scooby queue, especially coming into School Holidays this week until it is absolutely necessary. It's typically the last maze constructed as it is the only one within the park's 'daily use' space.

As for the lighting - I'm sure whatever lighting is present is perfectly appropriate to the theme. Just because theres a truss there, doesn't mean every inch of it needs lights.

I'll wait and see how it turns out, rather that judging it by it's progress. You seem to be forgetting that there is still two weeks until the event, which covers the holidays, and the parks can do amazing things overnight when there is nobody in them. Scooby's queue room has been divided many times for mazes, and the set up is well established. I would suggest they could pull the maze in there together with 2-3 days of solid work, so at present, the current state of the room isn't really indicative of a finished product.

My estimate is they'll wait out the tides of school holidays and then throw everything at it a few days before they commence previews and the like.

Edited by AlexB

from a very reliable source:

the ripper is definitely in the show stage

the evil within and wolf creek 2 are their main mazes, so in the studios

which leaves cannibal clowns in scooby

and seen as everyone has an opinion on the mazes, what maze themes would you like to see in future years that have not been done before, or can be revamped from sequels?

Edited by carebear

from a very reliable source:

the ripper is definitely in the show stage

the evil within and wolf creek 2 are their main mazes, so in the studios

which leaves cannibal clowns in scooby

and seen as everyone has an opinion on the mazes, what maze themes would you like to see in future years that have not been done before, or can be revamped from sequels?

1. Thanks for the maze locations where did you get that source from?

2. I want to see either The Texas Chainsaw and a maze based on Chucky come to a Fright Nights very soon.

3. I do like sequels based from the previous year. Do I really lovd sequels though? Yes and No. If they change the Maze and build it from the ground up like what they did with TWD last year well yes I will like the sequel of that maze. If they recycle the 50% of the maze from the previous year like what they did with HS2 last year I won't enjoy the maze than the others. However I enjoyed HS2 as that was my first time doing that maze.