Fright Night 2014

Zanstabar

1:Is there any music or sound effects in any of the four mazes? Yes they have sound effects

2:Is it true that entrance to The Ripper is where Hillbilly Slasher's exit was? Yes

3:Can you watch the people getting scared at all? Or was that something that MW fooled us with? Can't say I've seen anywhere for that to happen

4:Is Cannibal Clowns like the one that they used back in the Bumper Cars area? (I'm guessing it is) Pretty much

Edited by Gazza

I'm going Saturday to Fright Nights! I also booked my Behind The Screams tour on Saturday which I will upload pictures from the tour on to here, Is there anything that you guys want me to check out?

Off Topic- I went on Scooby Doo yesterday and I saw the new Disco Lights as well and it looked pretty awesome! :)

If you get a chance can you see if you can get a shot of the multiple arms chick from evil within. I'm heading back Saturday with my camera but she only randomly pops up behind the maze during a shift change.

Sure!

Anyways I'm going do a full review of The Evil Within Maze at EB Games Expo

I went in the maze with a group of five and you didn't have to do the hands on shoulders

The maze was just brick walls and some cobwebs attached to the tent's celling

Only had two actors they had The Keeper and The Butcher no one else

Maze lasted for 90 seconds and if you had run in the maze (which I didn't) you would be in there for 20 seconds

It was a basic maze I didn't think the maze was going amazing like the one at Fright Nights but it would be better than watching women talking to you in The Ripper! :P

Sure!

I went in the maze with a group of five and you didn't have to do the hands on shoulders

Maze lasted for 90 seconds and if you had run in the maze (which I didn't) you would be in there for 20 seconds

It was a basic maze I didn't think the maze was going amazing like the one at Fright Nights but it would be better than watching women talking to you in The Ripper! :P

Wait, you went in with a group of 5 at EB Expo? I tried that and we were told it was 4 max. I was at the back of the group and got chased by the keeper. That thing makes you run when he charges you from his cage with his hammer (didn't scare me, but definitely made me run :P ). It was fun for a 90 second version.

Sure!

A family member organizes the expos and a lot of the promotions for EB so I will be sure to pass this info on to him.

I'll be heading to Fright Nights tonight (with my Fast Track pass). Have gone every year since its inception so will provide my experience/review in comparison with previous years, although in terms of 'scare' factor I believe it's always subjective as to what is the 'scariest' maze. Though the same can't be said for theming, layout and actors. Can't wait! :)

When does the creative process begin for fright nights? I.e. when did they start planning, decide on the maze themes (save for the internet poll) for this years event?

Would they consider upping the ante in the future and making the event 18+ (Only for a couple of select nights to avoid damaging value to U18 VIP holders/families etc).

Here's my review for Fright Nights so far..

The Ripper: Queue-line is shocking it was all over the place. We had to wait 20 mins as I was the first to enter the maze. We arrived at the queue line at 6:05 and came out at 6:27, Really good maze a lot of scares here but the maze was lacking detail. 7/10

Cannibal Clowns: Again The Queueline was piss poor it seemed that we were queuing up for Scooby. Anyways the maze was, Darkness 2.0, Basic maze and not well detailed, 4/10

I'm queuing up for Scooby and the queue line is shocking, I have been queuing up for 20 mins and has not moved.

Experience at the moment 5/10

Ok so I didn't get down there tonight as I still feel like shit.

Re the ripper maze - scares? from what?!

Clowns - I see they still haven't fixed the signs yet then. There's a couple of A frame signs which are white text on black backing and hardly stand out at all.

Scooby - you queue around the side, then into a non-aircon corridor before going into the main switchback again. In saying that, I meant to ask this the other week, what's the Scooby Training Room? Is that just a generic training room for staff, training specifically for Scooby, or kind of how DW has that education room beside the fairy shop?

Interested in what scares have appeared in The Ripped given everyone has said it had little to none. I'm planning on skipping it unless time prevails next week, so if all of a sudden it's changed I need to know!

I have no patience for people complaining about queuing for Scooby at a night event. Just cannot get my head around it, nor would I even consider it an option unless is done every maze and other ride, and didn't want to re-do mazes

-snip-

Did it hurt? How many kids do you already have?

FRIGHT NIGHTS 2014 REVIEW :excl:

I went to Fright Nights tonight and I managed to do all four mazes before 10:00

Wolf Creek 2: Very good maze, was well detailed and it shows, The Maze went on forever but at the end of the day it was fun, 7/10

The Evil Within: Best maze there, They blew the budget if this one and when the moment you walk in you can tell it was very well detailed, I managed to see, The Butcher, The Keeper and Re-Bone Laura when they were taking their break, Overall this maze gets a score of 9/10 from me

The Ripper: Shortest out of all the maze but I found it to be the second best one there, When I walked in I felt it was Zombie Evilution with london theme to it but when maze progressed I was wrong,The Maze showed its true colours and it was the scariest at all of them 7.5/10

Cannibal Clowns: It's Darkness 2.0 with a circus theme painted over it, If you didn't like The Darkness, Well believe me you are not going to enjoy this one. Just not my cup of tea 4/10

Here's pictures from the Behind The Screams Tour! ;)

WOLF CREEK 2 MAZEpost-29384-0-03189600-1413028219_thumb.jpost-29384-0-85111800-1413029531_thumb.jpost-29384-0-18165300-1413029608_thumb.jpost-29384-0-29986700-1413029640_thumb.jpost-29384-0-66891000-1413029765_thumb.jpost-29384-0-67102700-1413029686_thumb.jpost-29384-0-67693600-1413030064_thumb.jpost-29384-0-07182300-1413030133_thumb.jpost-29384-0-15802300-1413029841_thumb.jpost-29384-0-71865600-1413030151_thumb.j

THE EVIL WITHIN post-29384-0-33901000-1413028228_thumb.jpost-29384-0-49939700-1413030221_thumb.jpost-29384-0-11701200-1413030271_thumb.jpost-29384-0-53481400-1413030316_thumb.jpost-29384-0-36589700-1413030338_thumb.jpost-29384-0-25228900-1413030376_thumb.jpost-29384-0-94842500-1413030400_thumb.jpost-29384-0-78336700-1413030435_thumb.jpost-29384-0-49939700-1413030221_thumb.jpost-29384-0-62113500-1413030255_thumb.j

THE RIPPER post-29384-0-88125900-1413031703_thumb.jpost-29384-0-75761200-1413031671_thumb.j

I'm going back on the 25th and I booked The Ulimate Terror Tour as well I can't wait! :lol:

General Park Update:

JDS is smashing Speedy's I cant see Speedy's lasting any time soon

I went to Rick's Cafe today for the first time and it had some pretty nice food there,

Hollywood Stunt Driver 2 is still popular,

That's all folks! Ninja :ph34r:

I went tonight as well. Really good night with plenty of scares. I managed to do all of the mazes:

Cannibal Clowns: Queue line was a bit unorganised, and signage isn't that clear. The maze was pretty basic, least favourite of the night. There were a couple of scares, but nothing to major. A maze more for a bit of fun really. 4/10

Wolf Creek: I thought this maze was the scariest of them all. Every area featured scares. The actors do a good job at hiding within the sets, and when it's almost dark, or there is lightning they really creep up on you. The extra little details such as hanging things off the roof were really good as well. 9-/10

Evil Within: This was the best themed maze, which makes the experience and tension within scenes really good. Having windows for actors to slam on and open were really good. At a couple of points the people in front of me ran though a couple of longer corridors because of the expectation something was going to appear, and it did. 9/10

Ripper: This maze was a surprise. After reading people's comments i wasn't expecting much, but I thought it was a really good maze. The first scene only features a long corridor, where not a lot happens, but then the scares begin. The actors hide behind doors, within the corridors. They run along and jump of crates with a number of scenes. Water sprays you which is a real surprise, and some of the actors come right up to your face. At times we weren't entirely sure which way we needed to turn, but the actors mange to guide you, without getting out of character. There are a couple of obstacles to watch out for, such as crates, which you don't always see. Surprise maze of the night. 7.5/10

Despite tonight being a sell out queues werent too bad. Cannibal clowns was the first one we did and we were only queded for 15 minutes. Wolf creek was 80 minutes. Evil within was 25 minutes. And we did ripper at 10:15 so it was only about 2 minutes.

We also managed to get to ride Scooby-doo (the corridor to the left of the main queue area doesn't have the aircon switched on, so it does get quite hot in there.

Overall I thought it was a really good night. Features plenty if scares and good theming for the majority of the maxes. If you went on the first weekend, I'd highly recommend going again because it seems like it has improved and the queue lines are quicker, despite a coule not being organised the best. Overall the night was a 8.5/10

Edited by themagician

Overall I thought it was a really good night. Features plenty if scares and good theming for the majority of the maxes. If you went on the first weekend, I'd highly recommend going again because it seems like it has improved and the queue lines are quicker, despite a coule not being organised the best. Overall the night was a 8.5/10

Cheers for the review. Sounds like they might have fixed Ripper up a bit. Would have been there tonight if I wasn't sick. Will be heading in on Saturday all going well.

Clowns weren't that bad for what would be best classed as a last minute maze. Other three I found great. Managed to do all the mazes twice, Superman twice and Green Lantern once. There seems to be a much higher number of actors in the maze and park in general than last year and it really helps both the park and mazes. As for queues can't really comment as I used fast track for all rides and mazes. Think the longest wait for fast track would have been The Evil Within at around 10 minutes everything else was either walk on or very short wait as far as mazes go.