Fright Night 2014

Zanstabar

Not particularly relevant to this thread, but also not really worthy of its own.

MW currently offering an in-season VIP Dining Pass. VIPs only pay $99 (adults) or $69 (kids) for unlimited access to Ricks Buffet through to 30 June 2015

Sounds like an amazing deal for those who go regularly, food is pretty good too!

So what was everyones favourite maze from this year in order from best to worst

EW: Best one this year, Detail was fantastic 10/10

WC2 Good, but there were times were there no actors but at least the second time I went in it had a lot of actors there. 8.1/10

Ripper Decent, But not a huge fan of the same red brick walls though.. 6.9/10

Cannibal Clowns: Could have spent a bit more money one this one instead having green and orange paint everywhere.. 5.5/10

Anyways any suggestions for next year's Fright Nights?

I liked WC2 best, almost every time i went through at least 1 person managed to scare me.

EW was well put together but i didn't find i got scared as often as i did with WC2

Clowns was hilarious

Ripper was well put together, loved the set design, but i rarely got scared at all, except for the last couple of nights when the actors seemed to change it up a bit.

Went to Fright Nights last night (third time this year) and was the best night out of the three times I attended this year. I could tell the actors were giving it their all in the mazes and on main street.

We arrived at the park at 5:40 and managed to get a decent spot for the crowd going to the soundstage mazes. The scare actors walked right between me and my friend and managed to give me the odd fright. Then the cage came past us, this was the first time I took the time to admire what was inside it and to be honest, I wish I never did. I felt a feeling of disgust when seeing the guy rolling around in whatever that concoction was, in my opinion. Anyway, on to the maze reviews:

Wolf Creek 2: We started the night of with this maze and got the first group to go in, was awesome. Great scares and theming, which I took the time to admire the second time around. All in all, this was an excellent maze and comes in as my second favourite maze this year. I'd give it a 9/10.

The Evil Within: This was the second maze of the night and was awesome, as per usual. Fantastic scares and great hideaways which I realised this time, and also fantastic theming. We did this maze two times later during the night and I'm pretty sure we were the last, or one of the very last groups to go in for the night as we walked straight in at 11. It was just my friend and I until we caught up to the group in front of us just after the chainsaw scene. All the zombies chased us all the way to the end and I was running and screaming, along with the group in front of us. All in all, this was a fantastic maze and comes in as my favourite maze this year. I'd give it a 10/10.

Cannibal Clowns: The first time we went to go in to the maze, we were at the end of the last switchback when the fire alarm went off. We left and came back 10 minutes later and it had re-opened so we lined up again and thankfully the fire alarm did not go off. Awesome scares and I actually like the basic theming, it fits in perfectly with the clown theme, but not really cannibal unless the splashes of neon paint replicate blood, I'm not sure. We came back and did this maze just after 10 and it was just us and this couple. The clowns were following us, disappearing and reappearing and being down right, sh*t scary. One of the clowns had shoes that had like fallen apart and me clacking noised when he walked, he was one of them that was following us and it was so scary not knowing where he was but hearing the clacking of his shoes getting closer and closer. All in all, this was an awesome, fun maze and comes in as my third favourite maze this year. I'd give it a 8.5/10.

The Ripper: This maze was awesome. Props to the Ripper who made the experience that bit more awesome. Great scares and theming, and also effects. The water sprayer got me two times in the back, and one time right in the middle of my face. I noticed Ultimate Terror Tour people behind the fake wall and gave them a friendly wave. We also did the maze right after the second Cannibal Clowns and went in by ourselves and we were practically running through because we were getting chased. I never noticed the actors who were on the roof, top of the walls who reached done at you, great scare. All in all, this was a great maze and comes in tied as my third favourite maze along with Cannibal Clowns and though were both to great. I'd give it a 8.5/10.

Overall, last night was a fantastic night and cannot wait till next year. My friend and I were discussing what mazes we would like to see next year or what they will be and we both thought maybe, Insidious: Chapter 3 or possibly Annabelle. Who knows, we will have to wait till next year to find out.

We arrived at the park at 5:40 and managed to get a decent spot for the crowd going to the soundstage mazes. The scare actors walked right between me and my friend and managed to give me the odd fright. Then the cage came past us, this was the first time I took the time to admire what was inside it and to be honest, I wish I never did. I felt a feeling of disgust when seeing the guy rolling around in whatever that concoction was, in my opinion.

I believe it was molasses :)