Batman 75th Anniversary

lfrit4

^the theme park social network posted it on their Facebook page along with a number of images (this post has since been removed). From the photos it only looked like there was one room featuring some of the different batmobiles, bikes, masks and weapons. They claimed it was at MW, but maybe it was from another park (they usually post realia me stuff though).

What "room" at MW could accommodate full-size batmobiles and other props? Unless it's in Show Stage, or a SoundStage... I don't see where it could be in the park?

(unless we're not talking about full size vehicles in which case Stars Cafe could also be a possibility...)

Hell - they could even take over part of Intencity...

I wait with bated breath to see whether the park has finally returned to a "movie related" exhibit...

I think Theme Park Social Network may have got confused with the exhibit at the WB Studio Tour (which movie world has a competition to win a trip to).

Full press release below.

Media Release

23 July 2014

Warner Bros. Movie World celebrates 75 Years of Batman

OXENFORD, QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA - Warner Bros. Movie World, Hollywood on the Gold Coast, have joined the worldwide celebrations of the 75th Anniversary of Batman with a tribute befitting the world’s most popular Super Hero.

The 75th anniversary celebrations mark the first appearance of Batman in the comic book Detective Comics #27, which hit newsstands on March 30, 1939.

As the Southern Hemisphere’s official ‘Home of Batman’, Movie World will host a month long celebration from July 23 to August 17 2014, with children who dress up as their favourite Batman or Super Hero character having the chance to become part of the prestigious daily Streets Parade.

Warner Bros. Movie World Spokesperson Renee Soutar said it is exciting to be involved in such a fantastic milestone and there’s no better place to celebrate than at Australia’s Home of Batman – Movie World.

“Batman is an iconic part of Movie World with multi-generational appeal to all of our guests, and we’re proud to celebrate this milestone anniversary,” she said.

“As part of the 75th Anniversary celebration we are inviting all children to dress up as their favourite Batman or Super Hero character and be involved in the ‘All Stars Parade’.

“Guests will also experience Batman street performances with the Dark Knight and past and present villains from the Batman Universe making appearances throughout the day. There will also be Limited Edition Batman 75th comics and Batman mask giveaways throughout the celebrations.”

During the month long celebrations Movie World will be hosting a competition where park guests can go in the draw to win a 5 night trip for two to experience The Batman Exhibit on the WB Studio Lot in Burbank, USA.

Believe you're correct Jordan.

I've just popped into MW, batman anniversary banners down the sides of the entry arch, some quality 75th anniversary merchandise in the DC store as well.

You can win a holiday to the USA and visit the batman exhibit, as explained above, only it's not at MW it's in Hollywood

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

did you get pics.

it better have good merch or i am gonna be pissed off. they could of put somthing much better in. they sell batman stuff in dc superhero store and main street store. (not shure if that's what it's could but ant way.)

they haven't said anythink about the store on their facebook page.

Did you get pics?

It better have good merch or I am gonna be pissed off. They could of put something much better in. They sell Batman stuff in DC Superhero Store and Main Street Store. (Not sure if that's what it's called but any way.)

They haven't said anything about the store on their Facebook page.

Well being a specialty store, it's going to carry all the same stuff as the others, with maybe a few exclusives.

They must be reading these discussions haha, I'm surprised at how many positive comments there are regarding the store and people wanting to visit just because of it - I'm sure all of the merchandise would have been available elsewhere in the park - They should turn the old lethal weapon store into a villians themed shop.

"Let's all complain about a crappy store that sells crappy crystals and stupid hippy shit just because it used to be the HP store and they haven't done anything with it, but at least they've kept it open, and staffed."

<park listens and brings the store into line with current park theming>

"Let's all complain about them building a new store that stocks the same stuff as elsewhere in the park."

<park decides it can't win. Calls every thing 'batman' to save on licensing costs. Batman fanboys criticise the park's choice of 'keaton' batman over 'clooney' batman.>