What's coming to Movie world?

Mecca

On a completely unrelated note - I hate when unrelated surveys use videos hosted on random vid-hosting sites instead of youtube. And I also hate how they won't let you complete a survey until you've actually watched THEIR video. I can't see random vid-hosting site videos unless i'm at home (which is rare), which means I can't proceed through the survey and give my opinion on things i'm already familiar with (or have watched on youtube)...

this of course is a completely unrelated survey about an unrelated topic.

I'd love to know what things you have seen, because I seriously doubt it's going to be coming to the park. It just doesn't fit with the park demographic really, or in the location suggested. You can keep imagining it happening, but I seriously doubt... and I am almost confident enough to say that it won't be coming to the park.

Sea World wouldn't be an option for this attraction, as it has a height restriction of 30m... Anything taller than Sea Viper is not an option really... Just because it's related to Superman doesn't mean anything in regards to Doomsday which IMO is a very poorly thought out attraction for the likes of Movie World, and i'd consider it to be a dead project.

I wouldn't read anything into what Movie World posted on Facebook too much honestly, I'd just expect it could be a minor upgrade to the surrounding areas of the attraction to make it look nicer as they have already repainted all the supports for the ride. I'd assume next period of maintenance the tracks would get an overhaul along with maybe the exterior.

Hello! Long time no see!

Anyway, based on this, and other things I have seen, I strongly believe doomsday is coming. Check out the doomsday thread for more information.

So you're adding a non-tower ride that's appeared in 2 surveys, to a message posted on facebook saying they're doing something with superman, and from that you get "we're building a drop tower themed to doomsday" ???????

Sea World wouldn't be an option for this attraction, as it has a height restriction of 30m

Considering they had so much trouble keeping a Ferris wheel I seriously doubt they'd get a 500ft tower.

The wheel was 50m high. So why is there a restriction of 30m? So why was the wheel installed if there was a restriction and did it have to be removed due to height?

I thought they had special permission for it as a temporary attraction then it wasn't popular enough to keep or their contract ran out.

edit-

http://news.smh.com.au/national/sea-world-eye-to-close-on-gold-coast-20071212-1gm0.html

Gold Coast City Council officers initially approved the Eye as a temporary structure during the 2006 Christmas/New Year holidays but it became part of the landscape on the picturesque Southport Spit.

Sea World insisted it was never intended to be a permanent structure.

Nevertheless a special council delegation ordered the Eye banned in April this year following complaints it was a blight on the Spit, where environmentalists have fought hard to stop a shipping terminal and marina from being built.

Council eventually granted approval for the Eye to operate as a temporary ride until January 2008.

In August, the Eye was closed for a day and a half for safety checks following the death of five people who fell out of a gondola from the 66 metre tall Giant Wheel at Busan, South Korea.

The Giant Wheel's Swiss manufacturer, Ronald Bussink Co, also built the Sea World Eye.

Warner Village Theme Parks chief operating officer Steve Peet said that since its arrival in November last year, the Eye had been enjoyed by more than 680,000 people.

Edited by reanimated35