What's coming to Movie world?

Mecca

Hi everyone first post

i was wondering about the china town alley and if there was any plans, so i messaged movie world and this was there response

Hi movie world just wondering if there are any plans for the old Chinatown alleyway? And also seeing that I'm coming to your park in the next month is the Harry potter store still open I can't find any information on your website regarding this?
Thursday 10:09
10307229_10152291005037182_1668270947287
Thank you for your enquiry. At present we have no plans for Chinatown Alley but we have information of some exciting new attractions for Movie World released in the coming months so please stay tuned. Unfortunately the Harry Potter Shop is no longer open, however we do have a limited range of Harry Potter merchandise available in-park. We look forward to your visit and hope you enjoy your time with us at Warner Bros. Movie World
are these new attraction the mini cars driving school
Yes, the Junior Driving School will be among these new and exciting attractions. Thank you

so this mean its not just the mini cars driving school (: anyone know anything else or have and thoughts/ ideas. i was thinking how cool it would be if they could turn the china town alley diagon alley or have a store going allong the alley selling all the movies WB have produced/ Made
Edited by Mecca

Won't be anything harry potter related, I can guarantee you that.

I don't thinks its a particularly good location for a shop either.

The only way I see china town alley being utilised would be in the instance that it becomes a queue house for a ride to open in the courtyard/old LW queues.

That could explain the latest FoF survey....

It would be nice to see something happen to China Town, instead of it just sitting there with a wall in front of it. They could build a new food stall/shop where the old queue was for LW. Maybe they could change china town into an alley way in gotham city (just an idea) just so it fits into the area and allow easier access to the ride, and SE.

Where do people think these could go? This is the largest area of land for a major attraction to be put in place, unless there is somewhere else I can't think of.

As a few of us have said, I show could go into the show building within the highlighted space.

post-29557-0-33354700-1404465592_thumb.j

Edited by themagician

Its confusing to explain, the carts arent in china town but right next to the entrance.. but all i was saying was when they wheel them out to main street they go under the China town entrance and out the door to public, i thought if China town was open the carts could endanger customers walking through the entrance but then i realised it doesnt make a difference because the carts are wheeled through main street anyway so......

Theres also a staff break area under the China Town Entrance now

Edited by kujotess

Evening peeps

Look I hate to be a bubble burster but please don't go getting your hopes up on this news.. For one, they have said 'attraction'.. They haven't used words like 'ride,thrill,adventure, blockbuster, experience etc..

Attraction casts a pretty wide net but I think the clue here is this very choice of words

If a another new ride of any kind was also being planned for MW, don't you think they would have atleast told us that much? Afterall, they are promoting the kiddie cars as a new ride. I'd be more expecting a minor new addition such as a new western stunt street show or new looney tunes stage show. Perhaps even a new roxy 4d adventure or rebooted day parade? Attractions..

Using the Chinatown space as an entry /exit /queue to a new spin and spew flat in the old Lw/now asylum space is obvious and I reckon that will happen next year - once the current arkum exit gets reconfigured to leed back out by superman, thus providing an existing store space to promote the new spinner in an appropriately themed environment unique to it's own..

They've gotta save their pennies up first and if it's not in current capex (I highly doubt it!) then will have to wait till midway nxt year before such a blue sky plan gets approved - or something else takes priority?

Question is

What theme?

Not at all however that perhaps is/was a concept. Taken seriously you bet. Are there other concepts under consideration? Guaranteed. And most will never see the light of day.

I don't think this doomsday tower idea is a good fit for MW.. Something like this would work better at SW to take advantage of the spectacular views.. MW looks better at ground level and IMO at its best from indoors.

Half the gag of the place is it's feature facades that help create immersion when viewed from the desired angle. From 300 metres up, the far less aesthetically pleasing back of house areas are revealed. Just not a good show choice and I'm quietly confident that notion may have already helped put a stopper on this such a project happening here

If you are a part of 'future of fun' their latest survey have 3 possibilities for MW's new ride. We got to choose which one we would like to see in the park, this was to give MW an example on what their guests want.

Lets just say,

One option is a permanant version of a carnival ride

Another option has been used in another australian park

And the last option is a ride never before seen in Australia.

I hope the last option gets it!!!

Edit: (unfortunately we can't say what the rides were)

Edited by zacsta_1997

Won't be anything harry potter related, I can guarantee you that.

I don't thinks its a particularly good location for a shop either.

The only way I see china town alley being utilised would be in the instance that it becomes a queue house for a ride to open in the courtyard/old LW queues.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about a new Harry Potter store, just asking a question in regards to it.

I feel like Movieworld probably won't get a big attraction for 2015. Chances are that MyFun will take a little time making their money back from building Storm Coaster, and we'll hopefully then see a major addition for 2016.

I thought VRTP were separating MyFun and going for the re-brand to 'themeparks.com.au' as MyFun was all the other properties.. anyhow I digress...

Although the three parks are related, I don't think Storm is going to preclude a new ride going into the other three parks in the next year. Each park is relatively capable of supporting a good solid Capex in it's own right. Mini Cars might impact, but I think depending on the success or failure of Mini Cars as a drawcard, we may see them step up something to fill in the breech before 2016.