What's coming to Movie world?

Mecca

It's not though. The Sea World Eye had doors on both sides, Brisbane Eye only has doors on one side. Same manufacturer, but I'm pretty sure the Sea World Eye has left the country, think it may have gone to Perth after being on the Gold Coast, but not totally sure.

Yeah your right Joz. After I posted I went looking for some info to back this up and could not find anything definitive. As you said, probably same manufacturer , but definitely different wheel. The mystery is -where did the Seaworld Eye eventually end up??

Was it the same wheel that was installed at the Gold Coast transport interchange that was removed last year??

Can anyone shed some light??

The wheel that was at sea world went to Perth then Perth decided they did not want a wheel. So they removed it and placed it into storage. I thought i heard that Perth sold it of to an international owner. Here is a picture of the wheel in Perth.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/astridsimone/works/6096506-perth-ferris-wheel-perth-western-australia

Edited by Tim Dasco

The Sea World Eye was sent back to the UK. The one we have in Brisbane is the same model (Nauta Bussnik R60) but is not the same unit. The one in Perth / Surfers Paradise was a R50 as it was smaller than the Sea World one.

The wheel was approved on a temporary basis but then Sea World wanted to add it permanently and the council denied the request as it was only granted temp approval.

got some height on that first building at the top - is it still standing? Much to see?

I realise there would be some logistics involved, but when there is a working production - I really wish they'd run tours - even if they were upcharge small group tours. For a 'movie' park, its the 'added experience' I could really see adding value to the park.

Universal offer a backstage tour kind of deal and while I recognise MW couldn't offer anywhere near that, imagine a nice lunch, back of house tour through the sets of stunt driver, maybe a building facade on main street if its viable and safe, a studio tour through some sets not currently in use (the rock wall for the helicopter scene would be a good example of this).

They could market and sell it like their animal adventures (subject to availability on filming). Hell - they could even get the production company to schedule a time when they're likely to be taking a break from filming and bring someone through on a live set. I'm thinking more golf cart than tour tram... but i'm quite sure you'd get enough people to pay it...

got some height on that first building at the top - is it still standing? Much to see?

I realise there would be some logistics involved, but when there is a working production - I really wish they'd run tours - even if they were upcharge small group tours. For a 'movie' park, its the 'added experience' I could really see adding value to the park.

Universal offer a backstage tour kind of deal and while I recognise MW couldn't offer anywhere near that, imagine a nice lunch, back of house tour through the sets of stunt driver, maybe a building facade on main street if its viable and safe, a studio tour through some sets not currently in use (the rock wall for the helicopter scene would be a good example of this).

They could market and sell it like their animal adventures (subject to availability on filming). Hell - they could even get the production company to schedule a time when they're likely to be taking a break from filming and bring someone through on a live set. I'm thinking more golf cart than tour tram... but i'm quite sure you'd get enough people to pay it...

Apparently the original tour was stopped due to people leaving the vehicle and wandering the studios. If it was re-done in a smaller group with a personal guide (such as the real Warner Bros. Studio Tours) I think it could work.

Personally, I would like the Movie Magic part of the tour to return in some form, almost like Disaster at Universal Studios Orlando. It would be really enjoyable if you could learn about things such as Chroma Key, CGI/Motion Capture as well as other special effects.

Yeah - I think blue screen is a little dated these days, but I could see a mocap type effect show taking place in the showstage. Universal do their SFX show very well, telling it sort of as a history, as much as a demonstration of current tech...

The previous SFX show became dated because it was geared to showing people what technology was CURRENT - despite it being 15 years old. For anyone that has seen Universal's current show in Hollywood, it told both the story of the past - with things like matte paintings, blue screens etc, but also brought in mocap and other modern technologies. It'd be a really good thing for MW to bring back to the park. Tech crew on stunt driver could easily work both shows, and the showstage is already set up for lighting, sound, filming, audience management etc...

sounds like a very good idea.

The problem with any sort of Technology show is that it will be out of date the day it opens, however something like Backdraft which shows you physical 'special effects' will have long lasting staying power.

... still sad Universal got ride of that as it was pretty awesome.

The problem with any sort of Technology show is that it will be out of date the day it opens, however something like Backdraft which shows you physical 'special effects' will have long lasting staying power.

... still sad Universal got ride of that as it was pretty awesome.

I've only seen Backdraft at USJ, and that was bloody amazing. I would love to see it translated in one way or another here. Unfortunately, after seeing how VRTP treats fire effects, I doubt it would ever come off the drawing board...

^^^ But Rappa thats what i'm saying - the USH show kind of treats the show as a bit of a 'history of sfx'... current tech would quickly become obsolete, but it would still be workable in the show, and because the stage isn't full of facade - its a wide open space with lots of things wheeled on and off. Just like the floats are quickly changed over from one event to the next, so to can the trolleys with the effects props... a bit like a magician working a new act into a bigger show - they're all just segments.

The old MMSFX show was a good show, but it was 4 simple effects demonstrated across 3 very elaborate sets. Off the top of my head the USH show would have showcased 10 or more effects on a single stage, in about the same amount of time (as guests didn't need to get up and move from one stage to the next)