Opinions on Dreamworld new thrill ride.

As mentioned in two previous articles, there is speculation and/or an conclusion that are leading to the new thrill ride being an "Gerstlaurer sky fly." In my personal opinion I do not really like the idea of this ride. So this is why I started this forum, is to know what your thoughts are? And if not what would you like to see there, or what do you think could be a big hit?

The 2014 dreamworld topic was more of a broad discussion whilst this one is only focusing on the new thrill ride. And what people's thoughts are on it.

Probably because so far your discussion seems more suited to a PM conversation than its own thread and given that the thread already exists, there probably wasn't much point for this one as well.

You arrive early at the park. You're greeted with Dreamworld's newest re-theme.

"The Buzzbine"

The highest inversion turbine experience in the Southern Hemisphere, BuzzBine is the first menacing turbine ride guests can spot as they arrive in the main car park. Just the sight of it will send chills through your bones.

After spinning out on the Buzzbine, you make your way around to the

"Thunder river turbine express rapids ride: sponsored by The Snowy Mountains Hydro-electric scheme"

All aboard for white water rafting! Travel down a foamy water track past the Gold Rush Turbine Country, speeding up to 45 km/h through the turbine generated turbulent rapids.

You'll then be faced with

"The Rocky Hollow Turbine Flume Ride"

Splash down at the Rocky Hollow aboard hollowed-out turbines as they traverse the watercourse. Climb the aqueduct and plunge down the ramp at 50 km/h. Children must be over 1 turbine tall to ride.

Still need more? That's ok, they've got you covered with

"The Turbine of Terror 3"

"We've already got turbines here, we've just added a few more"

While there's plenty more turbine infused rides to choose from, why not head over and have lunch at

"Turbine Island"

You may remember this place for once having tigers. Not any more. We know what guests want. We've asked. You've said "more turbines". That's exactly what we've got here. Watch these amazing born-in-captivity turbines play around in their brand new, multi-million dollar enclosure and listen to expert talks from some of the best turbine workers in Australia.

Edited by reanimated35

I don't know if there's been a change in management or what. Maybe the decision makers all took holidays, came back and saw what was going on with the park and realised they need to fix it up. Great job from them to be honest.

I do hope they are reading, and if so PLEASE CLEAN THE AREA UNDER THE SHOCKWAVE - IT LOOKS LIKE A RUBBISH TIP - If you've already cleaned it since last time I was there, thank you.

And I wouldn't say MW is lacking in this area, they seem to be listening with the FoF surveys and taking out some ideas I can only assume (and hope) they got negative reactions to.

So you're telling me this does the same thing as a roller coaster for a fraction of the price? I'm sure our guests will love to hear that we're bringing them another attraction that they won't refuse to ride, but will leave them disappointed that it wasn't a real roller coaster.

It's okay though because they still rode it, and they won't refuse to come back next year to ride the next big installment.