Theme Park Ninja

Photography

650 posts in this topic

Hey Parkz members! Ninja here :D I created this topic to show some of how amazing photography. This topic is completely different to the topic "Theme Park Photography" but you can post any picture you want and it can be anything like Fireworks at the Sydney Harbour or perfect will timed picture of a storm occurring! I love to see your pictures and Remeber the pictures could be anything and this topic is different to the topic "Theme Park Photography" - The_Ninja_59 :)

Actually this one I will post because it seems to be a favourite of people who have seen it. It's even been shared by the Brisbane Times facebook page, which is probably the best marketing I've had so far without yielding any results lol.

Sunrise_zps01836ebc.jpg

It's a bit of a pain going through and getting the image links to mine, so here's my website instead.

http://reanimationimagery.com/

If you like what you see, do me a favour and like my facebook page too please.

I like the website very much! I don't really use FaceBook that much any more if I was on there all the time I would like it

Have uploaded a few of my photos to the following site, still a lot that I have to go through and upload yet. Stopped using Facebook to upload them to due to the horrible compression that they use.

http://500px.com/michaelpin

Edited by pin142

We had a fairly involved photography discussion on these boards a few years back - but I must say there are some surprises amongst the membership! I didn't realise there were so many keen budding photographers (the iPhone brigade + 500 instagram filters is the usual picture we see on here).

I used to walk around sydney with a bunch of photographers just shooting what took our interest. I'd love to do something similar if there was enough interest.

Nothing wrong with phone photos that have been "enhanced" with the aid of Instagram... nothing right with them either! There are some times where it helps but given most Instagram photos are of food the photo wouldn't have been great to begin with.

It all comes down to personal taste I guess, but I can't stand the instagram filters and "arty" look they seem to get. I prefer to see the natural side of things and landscapes with their true/enhanced colours. In saying that though, that photo I put up before over the water looks like it was taken at sunset. That was actually taken at Wynnum at about 5am, I just made the colours a lot more vivid.

Edited by reanimated35

Yeah but reanimated - simplistic colour balancing is something you can do with a film processing lab. I worked in a Kodak pro lab for some time, and with a digital wet lab you could adjust the colour output, the chroma, and the exposure, and I could achieve a similar shot to your wynnum sunrise just with the wet lab controls.

(Its an even better effect to use slide film and cross process it...)

I'm not saying this to say what you did was easy (far from it) i'm just saying that the simplistic adjustment of colour, exposure, and intensity tends to stick on the purist side a little. I'm not a fan of most instagram filters, and I personally don't use the app for that reason.

It's been 10 days, surely someone has something to share?

I'm considering heading out to wivenhoe this weekend for some startrails. Was a bit hit-and-miss last time I tried that though.