Theme Park Ninja

Photography

650 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

2R8A6698.thumb.jpg.1d8c88d850852e5b4bb0eb64ae0708f7.jpg

2R8A6711.thumb.jpg.82340d5fa621fe75d86358f5264ee600.jpg

It's hard to put into words but I don't know what I should be looking at.  It leaves me searching around the photo.

Haha well the top one you can blame @JaggedJanine for, that was her idea.

The second one was more about getting the sign in the shot and having the train line up just worked too. 

What did you think on the rest? Wasn't so sure on the hwsd edit myself. 

The fountain shot feels like a photo I would take with my Iphone. (did I just say that out loud)

as I said not your normal standard.  I think the scale of the water going up is too small and it would be hard to get a good photo out of it.

I like the train coming in over the sign but I think the centre blue support post needs to be removed out of the photo.

HWSD I never like to talk about and hope you recover after having to watch another show.

Yeah the water needs to line up better and be higher to make the shot right, but can't win them all I guess. 

Removing that sign would be too much of a pain in the ass for me to do. Especially since it's a hobby and not a paid job. 

HWSD isn't too bad. Makes for some decent action shots. Just didn't have the longer lens on this time. 

FWIW - most, if not all of the shots I take and post could be just as easily done on a phone with the right editing afterwards haha. 

Edited by reanimated35

11 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Removing that sign would be too much of a pain in the ass for me to do. Especially since it's a hobby and not a paid job. 

I liked the sign.. I was talking about the blue support in the middle on top of the sign.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

Posted (edited)

On 28/02/2017 at 0:55 AM, reanimated35 said:

Better @YLFATEEKS ? 

2R8A6578.thumb.jpg.08508953ca5c176e23ef5d35f462e264.jpg

Also because I'm too lazy to shop a gimp suit onto him, here's the actual original of the statue. 

statue.thumb.JPG.c1f7b06e2d3cc8bc1de466c85f6ba993.JPG

Who doesn't like legs? 

That statue is stupid.  I think it need its own topic called, “Half-assed Ideas within theme parks”.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to fix it like that needs to be forced to drink a flat beer at SW.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

i think they've had those statues a while - and like the lethal weapon chinese lions, whip them out when it suits. In the past, i think they used to be up against a wall (hence the flat backs). Since main street is now perpetually draped with curtains, its a bit hard to make them a feature without bringing them forward - hence the half-assery.

Posted (edited)

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.  It's fugly.

If you think that’s fine, I will give you one of my old pickup lines for free.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

Would have looked cooler if they'd been on top of the Roxy entry... would have negated the 'floating' effect

Posted (edited)

On the weekend some friends and I went on a photography wander around the Barracks in Brisbane.

_DSC1247 vibrance.jpg

_DSC1319 35pcnt softlight.jpg

Also, a pic from the pre-race entertainment at the British Grand Prix in 2013. Fullsize. That. Thing:

_DSC0431.JPG

Edited by Glubbo

On 7/12/2014 at 3:02 PM, downunder196 said:

Here's a few from around Ohahu, Hawaii

14633044435_e892d78e7d_b.jpg
From Diamond Head

14446426118_2c3217457c_b.jpg

Sunset off the beach

14632635252_ffb760a215_b.jpg

Near Sea Life Park

14632606192_7d650b5af9_b.jpg

Where the atomic bomb once stood in Lost

14446445998_d38100a9b1_b.jpg

Journey 2 Mysterious Island comes into mind.

nice shoot :D

Furniture Jepara

Didn't feel like creating a new thread to mention this. I am currently in NZ and will hopefully be visiting Rainbow's End while I'm here so I'm looking forward to actually having some photos of my home park up on this site finally. 

Yes please!

When I was at Rainbows End I was on a 12h layover in AKL, and it turns out the USB charging ports in planes are quite slow so I had started the day with very little battery....I got literally about 3 photos of the place before my battery died.