Sea World's Sea Viper closes after 32 years

Parkz News

sorry to go off topic but im sorry that you guys my not be abel to get a piece of the sea viper before its scraped but i did get to buy one of the alian robots from bermuda triagle on ebay from guy who won them in the auction early this year

its a little beaten up but was the best of the 7 he had for sale

i will post some pics soon

I have no doubt Matt is right, it makes sense (to me anyway) that whatever they're planning needs the space, and they've already got the equipment there to remove SV so they may as well lose the bridge while they're here.

I don't get why the need for the sudden removal though. It's not like it was all about to come crashing down. Maybe they see the hate DW gets for SBNO rides and didn't want that happening again after BT?

It's such a good thing that I went to Sea World December last year and it seems that coaster looked fine to me, when I came back from Amsterdam in July, I heard that coaster closed for good, that's too bad because it's my favourite ride in that park.

For their plans to fill in that empty space after tearing it down, they are looking for something that is big like the Storm Coaster or something, my guess is a roller coaster but who knows what can replace the Sea Viper.

Also, i'm new here, just to let all of you know.

Hey, welcome Dracozek.

Why is everyone presuming that the new attraction is going to be a roller coaster? Are they easier to commission than other rides? I know Sea World has a height limit on its structures and I would have thought they would have to get something that would appeal to their family market.

Will Sea World have to wait until Movie World has had its turn at spending the capex?

I think Matt is on the money about the fact that the next big Sea World project is over a year away.. and I wouldn't have a problem if that turned out to be 'Wild'.

It got me thinking that the replacement of the Sea Viper may or may not be a roller coaster, it could be a big flat ride since the area could fit enough.

And they have started some growing for the Wild attraction coming in about a long time away but they may announce that it's the next big thing, but that attraction looks a little out of the themeing for a marine park.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Wild! is unsuited to that area. They need to find a large open plain area where they can really do it justice.

Now - that spot would be great for a coaster - it has a long footprint suitable for an out-and-back layout - or better. I know they have a height limit, but god damn a good hyper would be amazing on the skyline... run it all around the park... sadly I know the money isn't there, but a good quality coaster, that isn't a one-trick pony and has good re-rideability (and doesn't get you wet) would be a good fit.

Yes they've already got two coasters, and as I've said before they could do with some flats... but flats could easily fit underneath a coaster with the right pre-planning. That side of the park would do well to be developed into a whole new land.... rides, an anchor attraction and concessions. maybe opening something on that side would give them the opportunity to redevelop one (or more) of their current food areas, or perhaps actually do something useful with Dockside.

Only time will tell.

I really hope they don't fob us off with a fairground ride!

As others have said, this is an exciting opportunity for Sea World to spend a bit of money, and cement their place as the number one theme park in Australasia for many years to come!

What is needed in my opinion is a themed dark ride, which provides some thrills but doesn't make people nauxious, and (this bit should go without saying) has a "Sea" related theme to it.

There are so many possibilities, and actually there's room for more than one such ride if the "Wild" attraction is now not going to happen (which I think would be good as it was never in keeping with the Sea World theme).

Incidentally, I haven't posted in this forum for quite some time, due to quite a few members who unfortunately made it quite unpleasant for me to do so. However I am (and always will be) very passionate about theme parks, so I thought I'd give it another try. I'm hoping by now perhaps those people have found somewhere else to launch attacks on people they don't know, and that there are others on here who I can share my love of theme parks with in a fun way. We'll see!

Oh, one more thing. Not quite related to this thread but just want to quickly mention that I have just discovered (by accident) that the Bermuda Triangle ride is still going strong! At Movie Park in Germany that is (formerly Warner Brothers Movie World Germany).

The ride is almost the same as the one which was at Sea World Australia.

Details at http://www.movieparkgermany.de/en/themepark/attractions

POV video at

Complete scrap metal now. They could sell off some parts to collectors.

IMO they should have also mapped it and created mini models of it

I dunno about you but I would have, if i had had the money, bought the lift chain and, if they had kept it, the front car off the old Arrow 'Corkscrew' themed train.

I'd probably convert the latter into a vehicle independent of any roller coaster tracks.

sorry to go off topic but im sorry that you guys my not be abel to get a piece of the sea viper before its scraped but i did get to buy one of the alian robots from bermuda triagle on ebay from guy who won them in the auction early this year

its a little beaten up but was the best of the 7 he had for sale

i will post some pics soon

Found one goin for $850 on Gumtree... way outta my budget but would be pretty darn cool: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bald-hills/collectables/sea-world-bermuda-triangle-theme-park-attraction-alien-prop/1047780213 and it's almost my height!

Edited by erikals