Sea World's Sea Viper closes after 32 years

Parkz News

The fence isn't new, is it? That was the fence around SeaScrew previously... They may not wish to take it out if they're going to need another fence in the future - but by the looks of things, they want a chance for the grass to really 'grow in' before they make it accessible to the public. Prior to Storm - there was a nicely grassed area in between the show building and the cinema. It was a great place to go and sit quietly as few people used that pathway. There was some shade under the trees and it was a good place to spread out a towel, and sit and wait for others to arrive.

Even if that is still there, the proximity to Storm's splashdown means it is no longer the quiet haven it was. I would really like to see them open up CorkViper's area once the lawn is established. Maybe popup a few umbrellas, a few picnic tables etc. Maybe even a little shaded structure. If it's no bigger than 10sqm, they don't need a permit for it...

I can't believe we're actually talking about grass growing but yeah, they had a bunch of sprinklers on so they probably do want it to look a little more lush before making it accessible. Exciting times for our parks :)

It was quite crowded as of 11am. Jet Rescue looked to have a 30-40 min wait. Car park almost full - sure it was a stunning day but I thought school holidays were over?

• 2 weeks later...

I can't get excited about a bit of grass, and really hope that's very temporary while they plan a proper replacement ride (and I don't mean a flat ride or anything basic).

I'm feeling much more positive about the future of Sea World than some people on this forum seem to be, and I'm really looking forward to seeing their plans.

Sorry Jobe. ;)

The majority of posters here (as has been discussed many times over now) are well aware that Wild as it was initially pitched/promoted is for the most part dead & buried.

Is this the result of a FOF survey or can't you say?

Which Village Roadshow park is due to get the next big lot of Capex?

• 3 weeks later...

It's a bit disappointing to see it go though. It was just a classic :(. So now that Sea Viper is gone forever, now they should build a new coaster OR extend the jet rescue to make it more longer!

But back to this topic, they should add something like a Intamin Mega Lite like Piraten at Djurs Sommerland! They could do it in the water park area, since hardly no one uses it

If so, get rid of sand in former Wild area and they should make something like the Board-walk at Knott's joining to bridge and theme it like 80's style with a roller coaster and rides, covering some of the lake!