R2GFifa

Australian ride deaths/accidents

126 posts in this topic

I have been told many times by friends that people have died on the wipeout. As far as I know, this is not the case. Could someone clarify for me whether anyone has died on this ride and why people think that this has happened

Look at Disneyland most of their rides costs someone's life and they are still working to this day (expect the Skyway)

Huh? Most of their rides have cost someone's life? MOST???

Yes aware of Big Thunder, but that wasn't multiple incidents, which the OP seems to be suggesting is the case in these fictional Wipeout deaths

People think it has happened because people are gullible, plus they don't understand amusement rides in general. They think that they're in actual danger, when in fact they aren't. I'm actually surprised by the number of people I know who think that rides are dangerous.

My advice, agree with them. People like that don't deserve to be part of the 'knowing that rides are safe' club. Let them be scared while you sit there enjoying the ride and pissing yourself laughing at them fearing for their lives.

People think it has happened because people are gullible, plus they don't understand amusement rides in general. They think that they're in actual danger, when in fact they aren't. I'm actually surprised by the number of people I know who think that rides are dangerous.

My advice, agree with them. People like that don't deserve to be part of the 'knowing that rides are safe' club. Let them be scared while you sit there enjoying the ride and pissing yourself laughing at them fearing for their lives.

Sounds like a good idea! I'll do that next time :)

whoever told you this OP get them and slap them across the back of the head :lol:

There are quite a few people who believe that! It's crazy how these falsified rumours spread!

No this is not true. Who told you this?

No one on here, just some other people that I know.

Huh? Most of their rides have cost someone's life? MOST???

Yes aware of Big Thunder, but that wasn't multiple incidents, which the OP seems to be suggesting is the case in these fictional Wipeout deaths

You said nothing about multiple deaths. But anyway - Matterhorn.

I get that you are trying to be technical, but the ability of Disney to rise above in-park deaths is very different to DW's ability.

Given we have mass hysteria in the media here when a ride breaks down or e-stops could you imagine if someone, multiple people were to die on the one ride?

I could be wrong, but Disney has a lot more media power, resources to put a strong media spin and buy the direction of certain media outlets & their stories.

I'd hazard a guess that any ride on the Gold Coast or in Australia for that matter that a technical/mechanical issue (as opposed to operator error) directly caused a death would close down for good. Hopefully we don't have to ever see that happen, but that's my opinion.

It was a HUGE deal in the media at the time.

A high profile company killing people is going to get coverage, even when they own media.

It was especially a big deal when it came out that accident was caused by shoddy maintenance.