Theme Parks After Hours

iwerks

I really loved this story from TPR a couple of weeks ago and was wondering if any Australian theme park has attempted this.

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1474513#p1474513

I know they have their Fright Nights and Screamworld, but has any park done a 'Rock your Disneyside' and stayed open for 24 hours? I think it sounds like a pretty cool experience.

I think after hours events are great. I was around for some of the early days of 'extra magic hours' at Disney World. It was not heavily subscribed to at the time, which allowed you to walk on and off Splash and Space Mountain so many times it wasn't funny.

What are your favourite ERT or after hours memories?

^That's kinda like living next to an airport and complaining about the noise from the planes.

How close are the houses to Dreamworld?

Adventure World in Perth is mainly surrounded by an industrial area, although there are houses over-looking other parts of the lake. It also has lots of grassed areas - perfect for pitching tents.

Yeah - and ToT launching would be a lot louder at nighttime, not to mention upsetting for the animals all night long...

WnW is really the best positioned park to be running into all hours (geographically) - but I can't imagine many would go.

Disney can do it firstly because most people around the park love it, they've successfully developed most of the surrounding area now so there aren't many residents close by, but because the majority of their 'big' rides are indoors... and so they don't disturb the neighbours the same way our parks would.

Thing is these parks have long had night time operations, much easier argument to make (the whole you moved in and a theme park was here so stop winging).

Our parks really never operated at night, so now it's a whole approval process every time they any to open late.