Wet N Wild Future Plans

themeparklover

Hi guys.

Recently, Wet N Wild announced that they will add a pint sized area called Wet N Wild Junior set to open in September similar to

the area at the water park located in Sydney.

After that is finished, what will the future hold for the park. I think they should probably add some new rides to the Extreme H20 Zone??? Maybe

a renovation???

Make sure to leave your comments and ideas!!!

Thanks

:)

I'm surprised WnW have posted anything on FB or updated their website to feature it (same with MW and the driving school). I have seen try advert on TV saying they are due to open this September. I would expect these to open around the same time as DW and WWW new attractions (if so that's only a month away). So why aren't they updating their website and providing more information about them.

Edited by themagician

Recently as in

Yes, that is relatively recent. What is the point of your post? Not sure why there's always a few people that'll pick on small irrelevant things in posts without contributing to the discussion.

Personally I would love to see them add something similar to Bombora at WnWS, perhaps even a longer model. That is hands down the most thrilling slide I've ever been on.

Wait... the PAINT is fading on Aqualoop?

It's a translucent tube - it's not paint, its the colour additive to the plastic. Not much can be done to that except UV stabilisation during manufacture.

Hands down it still appears as it should, and not dull faded colours across the road at Coomera...

I wasn't aware the trap door was having chronic problems, but if so then it should be fixed up.

Other than that, I'd like to see them reinvent the area where the beach volleyball courts are (since it's rarely if ever used). Despite the park sprawling over a large area, they are quickly running out of places to put things.

I guess it's too late now with the introduction of the Mini WNW Jr, but i'd have killed the current kids play area, and put up something new inside the ring of Calypso beach, thereby freeing up that area (and all that is behind it) for further expansion.

Oh well.

I want to see them upgrade Calypso beach to an action river or perhaps create an off shoot area with action elements.

As far as lazy rivers go there has been a bit of advancement with this type of attraction since it was installed.

The wave pool could certainly use a bit of attention now that the movies have been removed.

The whole thing could be revamped and re-themed. The building is looking very dated.

Perhaps they could add a digital LED screen that would work in the day time, like on cruise ships near their pools.

The screen could be used to play video clips to entertain people in the pool. They could then construct a small over pool stage area.

Giving a place for a DJ, speaker or entertainers to perform from during seasonal park events or corporate events.

I really like that the Surfrider dry ride in water park experiment that appears to have paid off.

Perhaps there is an opportunity to install another dry type ride, that could feature wet elements.

The Super 8 Racers could be upgraded to a similar model like the one in Sydney.

Maybe built in such a way that it intertwines with Aqua Loops since thats the only way it would fit from looking at the land it sits on.

They seem to have strategically gone from structure to structure replacing any old slides over the past few years.

The ultimate would be a double massive Master Blaster elevated and built around a section of the park.

Perhaps around Calypso beach and the wave pool.

Since there isn't a lot of land left using vertical space will let them build something big.

Since White Water World has multiple versions of a bowl slides perhaps they could install the Behemoth Bowl and to give a different experience enclose them and add a lighting package with music.

Maybe even theme it with a licensed property like Rabbids from Ubisoft. Imagine a Rabbids themed ride themed to being flushed down the toilet.

Would be something different to just installing another slide with a generic name.

^Because it costs more to run the waves and I would get sick of waves eventually. I think it adds to the excitement of waiting for them and then when they come everyone is excited. People are always running in when the waves start and leave when they finish. I think it's great to have cycles.

Yes Flea. I agree they should add something like that. It would be a perfect addition to the park. I would like for a slide like that to be located, and I might be crazy it should go in the area where the Tornado is.

The Tornado is a classic but it's had it's days and something new like that would be great!!!!!!

Also, is it necessary they have the zip line attraction? It's regularly under maintenance most of the time. Should they remove it???

^I don't think they should remove the Tornado. It is a very popular attraction and one I always enjoy. They should put a slide next to Kamikaze though.

And when the Zip Line was under construction I thought it was a good addition, but they should't have made people pay for it. They could just make people book a time slot, so it doesn't get overly busy. But now that Constrictor is there will it be used. I've haven't been Constrictor was installed so I don't know what it is like at the start of Zipline. Are the control area, harnesses, etc still there? If they aren't going to use it they should just remove it.

i would love Wet And Wild to add another slide near Kamikaze and revamp H2o zone. Wet And Wild need to do somethink with Super 8 Aqua Racer as it's faded so bad now. i think the new Wet And Wild Junior is a great idea, all little children had was that pirate water playground thing (sorry name has escaped me)

^^Personally I think the river rapids (green slides) are a good addition and are always popular. People of all ages ride them because they aren't extreme, but provide enough enjoyment to people. I don't think they should get rid of any of their slides they are all enjoyable. I would like to see the super 8 racer have an upgrade though. The slide is becoming a bit old now and needs a fresh coat of paint. Maybe make half of it a tunnel, just to add to the anticipation of the race.

^wat? those are some of the only slides i can go on when i go there cos of their stupid no single riders rule. and whats wrong with them anyway you fly down the enclosed ones.

^^Personally I think the river rapids (green slides) are a good addition and are always popular. People of all ages ride them because they aren't extreme, but provide enough enjoyment to people. I don't think they should get rid of any of their slides they are all enjoyable. I would like to see the super 8 racer have an upgrade though. The slide is becoming a bit old now and needs a fresh coat of paint. Maybe make half of it a tunnel, just to add to the anticipation of the race.

Remember just talking about if they were going to replace an existing slide.

But I don't agree, I find them really ordinary.

The walkway is uncomfortable in bare feet, the tower looks dated and old and the system of loading riders is painfully slow.

The actual slides I find slow and uncomfortable to ride, quite painful on the back.

Compared to the Tornado, I'd say the River Rapids look well and truly past their prime, more like something a council pool is beginning to have smaller versions of.

It's had it's days because it's been there for ages. Sure it's a classic, but Wet N Wild need something new and fresh! Perhaps they could add some slides featured in WNW Sydney!!

That would be nice, more additions in the h20 zone or perhaps a revamp like I just suggested. They need some new slides!!!

^^I do agree with you on some points. The path needs to be relayed and different top surface on it so it is more comfortable and doesn't feel as hot in Summer. I could be wrong, but I believe that they smoothed out the slide joints so it is smoother. And its slow because they have to make sure everyone is at the boot because some people go down faster than others. It hasn't been that many years since they changed the slides and tower.

Edited by themagician

It's had it's days because it's been there for ages. Sure it's a classic, but Wet N Wild need something new and fresh! Perhaps they could add some slides featured in WNW Sydney!!

That would be nice, more additions in the h20 zone or perhaps a revamp like I just suggested. They need some new slides!!! KO

Tornado has only been there for 7 years.

I don't think any park would be financially viable if they were ditching slides after only that long.

To put it in perspective Tornado only opened 3 months before all of Whitewater World opened (Tornado: Sept 2006, Whitewater World: Dec 2006)

If Tornado is old, does that make Supertubes Hydro coaster, or the BRO, or Green Room, old?