Justice League 3D - a big flop?

westical

2 questions -

1- do you own an iphone?

2 - why are you not even giving the ride a chance before saying how bad it is

1. Yes. I don't understand what this question is about.

2. I made it clear that my opinion was based on all of the online feedback I have read about the ride. And the POV videos I have watched countless times.

In my opinion part of the problems with this ride are that not everything always works and that your 'host' is cyborg and he sucks certainly not one of the main characters (i am aware DC are trying to give him a push but i think using someone better known use alfred if need be) and you are shooting starfish off people... the concept is kind of un-interesting.

Perhaps with the new six flags being made by the same company as this one justice league ride we might get a revamp? I doubt it though

its not the best dark ride we have had at the gold coast parks but the more bad reviews we keep giveing the ride the less likely we are to see vrtp invest in any other dark rides in the future i feel ?

but i also agree with everyone who whould love for the original batman adventure the ride to still be at the park

but when ever a ride we have all come to love closes theres a 99.9% that the future replacement will never be as good

sorry vrtp just the way it is for me anyway

Sounds far superior to Movie World's version with vehicles capable of independent motion simulation (as I recently suggested was needed for Justice League at MW) and fully surrounding screens at the end of the rides. The fact that Six Flags will also be extending one of the existing ride buildings shows they are prepared to invest to make this work. MW didn't want to touch their building, and the ride is limited by its size as a result

Edited by GoGoBoy

Batman was a good ride but it certainly didn't age well.

I feel like the comparison between JL3D and Transformers is overly simplistic. Transformers had a $100m budget and that was after Universal built three of them to spread the R&D costs. JL3D's budget was probably more along the lines of Ghost Hunt at Lake Compounce or Hersheypark's Reese's Challenge ride, and it's far better than either of those.

It even holds up pretty well against Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story Mania, and those are probably the benchmark in the "shooting dark ride" category. Sure, some of the animatronics have limited motion, but that's basically every dark ride ever - even on the Disney rides they typically only ever have a handful of characters with more than 2-3 axes of motion. And the seamless combination of physical and virtual targets is pretty impressive.

My main criticism would be the upkeep - last time I went there were broken effects, misaligned screens, and a few targets that didn't work. This is the sort of thing that the park needs to get on top of - it doesn't cost much to sort out an off-centre projector but if left unfixed gives a poor impression. Add this to the broken audio on both Green Lantern and Arkham Asylum and it definitely seems like the park doesn't care about attention to detail, no matter how much money was spent on an attraction.

I will tell you the reason why Justice League is a massive fail, Why? it's because of PISS POOR ADVERTISING!

Seriously I watch TV almost every single day and I hardly see any theme park adverts at all! For an example the Wii U is it doing well at all? HELL NO! it hasn't even sold 10 million units! Why? No because there's no adversting!

Seriously these theme parks need to advertise their rides more.. I hope Mini Cars Driving School isn't a fail for Movie World..

You're absolutely right. I mean just looking at those cartoon animations made me know exactly what to expect from the ride and I was so disappointed to find out it wasn't going to transform me into a 2D comic book.

It was more the script/voiceover: "We now have the technology, not possible even 3 weeks ago, that takes you INTO the ride... a totally immersive, interactive, mega million-dollar experience - there has never been a ride like this before. Be IN the ride"

^Exactly. When families go to parks they want to ensure that their kids have a great time, because for most parent seeing smiles on their kids faces is all they want at the end of the day. And it seems like Driving School will be an attraction which will make kids happy. Being able to drive around and not as limited as you are on the Taxi's. We have had a number of good rides aimed for the thrill seekers installed at MW over the past few years, so it is about time that they install a new attraction just for kids.

To me, it doesn't matter if the Mini-Cars is an amazing ride, it will still be a mistake.

The reason being the park has removed the genre of a family friendly ride that parents and younger children can enjoy from the park and to me that is a massive hole.

I'm sure the driving school will be a fine ride and kids will enjoy it but the park overall is poorer for it I think.