Justice League 3D - a big flop?

westical

So your dislike of Driving School is really due to your disappointment at losing LTRR. So would we be having this same conversation if the LTRR building had been bulldozed and a world class rollercoater built??

At the end of the day, LTRR was at a place where it was either beyond repair, or financially non-viable to remain open. There is no point judging Driving School as a replacement LTRR because I don't think that was the point of it at all, even though it utilises some of the old LTRR building.

Judge as what it is, a new kids ride, and it could be amazing even if we as adults never get to ride it ourselves.

For all we know MW may have a world class family attraction planned for 2015/16 that could be a true replacement attraction for LTRR

brad all i got to say is "Driving school", "Hollywood Stunt Driver 2" and "Justice League" you've got to agree that Movie Worlds standards are starting to decline.

As I said earlier, you can't judge Driving School as you've never experienced it, and you are not the target audience.

HWSD2 - you have to refresh things once in a while, I'm sure they were aiming for a better show, and it fell a little flat (haven't seen it myself yet).

Justice League - first of its kind ride in Australia. Could have been executed better and marketed stronger

Don't think any of the 3 examples you gave have anything to so with 'standards' being dropped, unless by standards by your definition is spending all capital on new rollercoasters.

Not LTRR specifically but the genre of a ride for a whole family with young kids, which to me is a very important part of the theme park experience.

You may well be right about a family attraction, I hope so, but until we know that I think the park is poorer for it.

Well the only ride that fits the description you offered up is LTRR, so if that is not what your specifically referring to, then what are you judging this drop in standards/form to? Or are you saying the standards were never there??

brad all i got to say is "Driving school", "Hollywood Stunt Driver 2" and "Justice League" you've got to agree that Movie Worlds standards are starting to decline.

Let me respond to this comment shall I?

Driving School: I can understand why this ride gets so disliked a bit because it replaced a family ride. So what? Do you think they could fit it in chinatown Nope! Do you think it could fit in the Show Stage? Maybe unless they do an extend the building. See the reason they picked the LTRR building to be used for Junior Driving School was because the building where the River Ride was huge. There could more reasons to why they put Driving School in the building.

HWSD2: Agree with this one. The show is piss poor. Seriously there's like only one person who likes the show and who's that? The Theme Park Social Network! I don't believe that Showtime worked on HWSD2 for three years. Sorry I'm not buying that excuse. Looked like they worked on it for two weeks then gave up!

Justice League: (sigh) I can't believe it how a world class theme park could do some piss poor advertising for ride! Seriously people to this day think that Justice League ride is the Batman Simulator with a Justice League theme painted on it! I went to the park yesterday and I heard this family of four that asked if it was the Batman ride and the staff member said "No it's now a shooting ride like the one at Disneyland" The family could give a rat piss about the ride and left the building with out entering queue line! Seriously these parks do a piss job of their advertising their rides! (Yes I'm talking about all five theme parks here)

It is going to be a kids ride in a kids area of the park. Why are we surprised at this fact? Sure it may not cover the same audience as what LTRR did but it fits the area and the age group the area is aimed at. I would however have a problem with this attraction if it was a thrill ride in an area dominated by rides and attractions aimed at younger audience.

You may be able to critique a ride you haven't been on, in the example of the kids ride, by the reactions and experiences of your own children or just from viewing others on a ride, and draw conclusions based on that. You could also draw conclusions from reviews/hearsay or POV videos.

But, to already be criticising, well even more than that, straight up writing it off, when it hasn't even opened and no one bar a couple of maintenance/techs have even been on it (probably sans the experience of the effects etc) is just silly IMO...

I think it is fair and reasonable to criticise a ride based on the type it is.

My comment is losing a family ride is a poor option for the park, regardless of the quality of the Mini Cars.

If Dreamworld pulled down the roller coaster and replaced it with a ride from a different genre I'd say the same thing because I think a park is poorer without a roller coaster.

But what proof is needed? We know exactly what the ride is. How many surprises can there be? It's not like they're building a new dark ride (I wish!!!) and none of its details have been revealed. It's a mini driving school for kids. Bad choice in my opinion, as many others on here agree. I don't need to see the completed ride to come to that conclusion.

Edited by GoGoBoy

^Agreed - since taking full ownership, VRTP have done a lot of good work. It may not be 'opening day equivalent' but the fact is - the public don't want schmaltzy themes for things like Young Einstein Gravity Homestead. It was amazing in 1994. Today it would be ridiculous.

Considering the budget they're working with, I think both VRTP and Ardent are doing ok at present.