Six Flags 2015

downunder196

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUXBKOoy8WSXkGKxwJsOKRJg&v=sffjnZ6rkk4

There is so much to look forward to in 2015. What are your thoughts? Here are mine anyway:

- Their JL rides look awfully familiar to WBMWs
- Not a fan of them adding all those looping rides and labeling them as coasters. They seem pretty weak additions.
- Batman the ride looks amazing and looks like it'd be more thrilling than a Zacspin
- Twisted Colossus looks amazing!!!
- Not sure about the name 'chaos coaster' being used in all those rides
- Really like the haunted attraction for La Ronde
- Six Flags really do like their RMC rides

Although I'm not a fan of a few of the additions and think they are weak it is still great they are adding something to every park.

Edited by downunder196

Just saw the announcements over on TPR. Here are my thoughts...

• Twister Colossus looks insane. The High-Five Element, two Top Gun Stalls, and 18 moments of airtime!? This is definitely making me want to save my pennies for a trip to the USA
  • Wicked Cyclone also looks really good. Not really doing anything for me, but still looks like a great ride.
  • Both Chaos Coasters and the Fireball are being counted as coasters? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they generally classed as flats?
  • Sky Screamer looks like fun as well. Nothing really to add there.
  • A year-round haunt for La Ronde? Let's hope its a decent quality.
  • Batman: The Ride (ugh, couldn't think up a better name?) looks like a S&S Zacspin. Also looks like it could be a lot of fun.
  • Justice League: Battle for Metropolis looks decent. A part of me is kind of glad it isn't an exact clone of ours, but I hope they've worked out the kinks. EDIT: Just checked out the press release. Motion Vehicles done by Oceaneering? If this ends up like many of there over rides it will be amazing, but its Six Flags and a dark ride, so I don't exactly have high expectations.

I know I've left out a couple, but they just weren't worth commenting on.

Edited by Zanstabar

Twisted Colossus makes Magic Mountain a place that I'd actually go back to now, and Wicked Cyclone at New England, means I'll have to divide my time between between Bizarro/Ride Of Steel and Wicked on future visits.

The S & S at Fiesta looks like an improvement on the Intamins like Insane and Green Lantern.

Everything else is kind of meh, it will be interesting to see how legs the year-round haunt at La Wronge has, we know how much Six Flags like staffing things. Those Looping Flats are kind of lame, I'm surprised they don't make them go around a heap of times and try and claim the roller coaster inversion record.

My thoughts:

I'm loving the Wicked Cyclone and Twisted Colossus (not the names). Correct me if I'm wrong, would Twisted Colossus be the worlds first steel mobius loop coaster?

Batman doesn't look too bad. Goliath should have received the Batman theming, considering its a Batman clone.

Just to clarify any of those who dont know- those looping rides going to many of their parks are NOT coasters. It puts me off when they label them as "coasters" when we all know they are not.

JL dark ride, thank god its not a clone of ours...

Overall sounds like a pretty good year for Six Flags.

Just to clarify any of those who dont know- those looping rides going to many of their parks are NOT coasters. It puts me off when they label them as "coasters" when we all know they are not.

Technically yes it's a flat but the GP have no idea. And considering that's their target market not us enthusiasts, so long as it's believable by GP standards Six Flags can do whatever they want. If SFMM were to get one it wouldn't add to their official coaster tally though. I did find it pretty funny that they tried to pass off the four looping coasters as different rides in the video haha

Twisted Colossus looks insane. This is the way to do racing coasters IMO - experiencing both sides without having to line up again is great.

Edited by Flea

Interesting line up, seems some parks only got things (loopers) to make it seem like they have got something and not left out. Looking forward to riding Twisted Colossus next year. The Justice League rides sure do look familiar only with what I feel is a slightly more stronger storyline. Also have a feeling Six Flags will market them properly unlike ours.

No, there's Diadasaurus

http://rcdb.com/1188.htm?p=0

And Master Thai

http://rcdb.com/9481.htm

Thanks.

Technically yes it's a flat but the GP have no idea. And considering that's their target market not us enthusiasts, so long as it's believable by GP standards Six Flags can do whatever they want. If SFMM were to get one it wouldn't add to their official coaster tally though. I did find it pretty funny that they tried to pass off the four looping coasters as different rides in the video haha

Twisted Colossus looks insane. This is the way to do racing coasters IMO - experiencing both sides without having to line up again is great.

Most of The GP would still not think it is a coaster.

I have got a question:

So I am spending 2 days at SFMM at the beginning of next year and I established that it is cheaper to get a season pass rather than 2 single day tickets. With their current 50% sale, does anyone know if one 2015 season pass will work if I purchase it now and visit on the 2nd of Jan next year?

You will get 2015 access however to get the following Gold pass benefits you must validate the pass in park before November 2, 2014.

• Season Parking at every Six Flags theme park
  • VIP early entry to Six Flags Magic Mountain
  • VIP early entry to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor
  • Extra Bring-A-Friend Free ticket on select days
Edited by pin142