First time at Dreamworld need advice

Pandakiwi

Hi all,

First time to DW this Saturday, going as a couple in the twenties. I am wondering how I can better organise the day.

1. Is the 10$ early entry worth it? Are all the rides available for early entry?

2. We will be staying in Brisbane, driving on rent car, when should we aim to arrive?

3. Is Q4U worth it? How many extra rides can it give for a day?

4. We will need the bag for stuff like sun glasses, camera, drink bottle, obviously can't bring them on the big rides, how are bags handled? Is there a place to store them before a ride? cost? locked?

5. Can you bring wallet, cellphone, glasses and jewlery on the big rides?

Thanks In Advanced for all replies

Hi,

1. I don't really know anything about early entry so I can't help you with that.

2. If you are arriving for the regular opening time aim to arrive approx 9:45 - 9:50. They start letting people in at 10am If you have prepaid tickets it shouldn't take too long to get in.

3. It really comes down to how busy the individual day is. I've never found it necessary as queues usually don't exceed 30 mins and a pretty short at the start and end of the day. (Rides like Cyclone and TOT2 you'd want to do at the start and end of the day)

4. All the rides have storage boxes at the station to put your items in at no cost. Queueing riders don't have access to the area so they are pretty secure. (For someone to steal your stuff it would have to be while you're watching)

5. All loose articles must be removed and placed in the boxes at the stations.

1. Didn't even realise this was available anymore

2. Saturday morning you are looking at a 30-40min drive. I'd leave brisbane at 9, and pre-buy your tickets

3. Valid on most of the big 8. I wouldn't bother, it's not school holidays, long weekend last week, think it will be a fairly moderate Saturday. TOT and GD your likely longest waits, do them first, or at 12:30-1 when most people are getting lunch. Plan to do rides when the tiger show is on as well, that absorbs a lot of visitors.

4. Take a backpack with you and keep everything including wallet/phone etc in it. Leave them ah the station on each ride. If you don't want to carry it all day, there are all day lockers for $12 from memory, can go back and forth all day.

5. Jewellery is fine, some of the tame kids rides you'd get away with wallet/phone in pocket, but just put it in your bag!

1. no

2. between 9.30AM and 10.00AM

3.no sure haven't ever got one.

4. on some rides there are places to put your stuff. some rides you can take on bags and loose items like thunder river rapids, log ride ( cant remember exactly for log ride), vintage cars and the train. there are lockers located through out the park for use. (for an extra cost) when i go in a group i get someone who has chickened out on a ride to hold our stuff.

5.no (well i don't because if it fell out of my pocket and broke i wouldn't be happy.)

hope this helps, if it doesn't just go onto dreamworld's website and click on visitor information.

:D

Edited by lolman123

1. Is the 10$ early entry worth it? Are all the rides available for early entry?

2. We will be staying in Brisbane, driving on rent car, when should we aim to arrive?

3. Is Q4U worth it? How many extra rides can it give for a day?

4. We will need the bag for stuff like sun glasses, camera, drink bottle, obviously can't bring them on the big rides, how are bags handled? Is there a place to store them before a ride? cost? locked?

5. Can you bring wallet, cellphone, glasses and jewlery on the big rides?

1 - Didn't know they still do it, no, I wouldn't bother.

2 - Won't take long to get in, I'd say 9:45 you want to be at the carpark

3 - Yes. If you haven't been there before and you're not likely to come back, why not spend the bit extra and make the absolute most of the time you have. If you're coming back frequently or soon enough, don't bother.

4 - Bag to keep things tidy just makes it easier. Lockers are in a few different places (Main street station has the least frequently used all day lockers. The main set of them at the front of the park is most popular and busiest, but no more than a 1-2 minute wait if you're stuck behind a slow person.

5 - No