Traveling fairs!

Tim Dasco

Just now, Gazza said:

Im curious, if they have nowhere to go for the time being could they hang around and then have some sort of mini carnival when lockdown lifts?

Most rides are due in for the Royal Adelaide show and then the Perth royal show. So I’m curious how they will get over or if they are even allowed to enter Adelaide? 

7 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Im curious, if they have nowhere to go for the time being could they hang around and then have some sort of mini carnival when lockdown lifts?

I've been told the Ekka was trying to get approval to continue certain events like bull slapping without the public attending.   Ok the bull slapping part isn't true but the Ekka have asked if they can continue some judging of certain events.  

2 hours ago, New display name said:

I've been told the Ekka was trying to get approval to continue certain events like bull slapping without the public attending.   Ok the bull slapping part isn't true but the Ekka have asked if they can continue some judging of certain events.  

I don't see why things such as judging couldn't take place. Bring them in one at a time, judge them like a teenage girl judges your outfit, post the results for everyone to see, give awards to the winners without the usual spectacle.

8 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

I don't see why things such as judging couldn't take place. Bring them in one at a time, judge them like a teenage girl judges your outfit, post the results for everyone to see, give awards to the winners without the usual spectacle.

Pretty certain that was included in the Ekka announcement the other day.

The RNA will now endeavour to see if some of the 2021 Royal Queensland Show competitions can continue these next two weeks in a COVID-Safe environment without the general public. 

Ekka - 2021 Ekka Cancelled

• 3 months later...

Not particularly a travelling fair but the closest topic to it, and not worthy of its own imo..

a new “permanent” weekend night market opened this weekend on the old Nightquarter site at Helensvale. 

they had a couple kids rides - a rocking boat (similar to big red boat), a traditional big slide and a swing ride called Candy Swing (picture attached). It appears these rides were all supplies by Joylands.

Not sure when the Candy Swing was last checked over or maintained, however I was very interested when it came to the end of the ride that there was no automatic breaks, and they had to applied manually. And when I say manually, I mean the ride op literally grabbing a hold of one of the arms of the ride and putting all his weight into it until the ride came to stop (and usually taking a half revolution of him holding onto the arm for it to come to a stop…) 

Edited by Brad2912

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
9 minutes ago, Troy81 said:

Sorry to bump and old thread, but does anyone know anything about these new travelling rides?Screenshot_20220824-195801_Facebook.thumb.jpg.c1ebf075502a10a1aceac8d909f2b6ee.jpg

here’s what i think these rides are based off of their descriptions and here’s some photos. 

The Matterhorn.

Sounds similar to Bayern Kurve at Kennywood.

F3C2ED11-B600-415A-B5F0-1620A47EC1BC.thumb.jpeg.1ee635dffb38b67496bb4f88ef2cb32f.jpeg

The Tornado.

My guess is a conventional Round Up fair ground ride, such as:

5D1950EF-0029-4A00-A4D4-581155230713.thumb.jpeg.ad0a54ce54ebb42e1652154a6d76a472.jpeg

Ultimate Party Machine.

Not completely sure about this one but my guess is a Breakdance ride.

24EC53EB-61F3-438D-B891-B07224443F81.thumb.jpeg.2d635e929a821a236e4b6088a66dfdb5.jpeg

The Beast.

this one is pretty much confirmed as it travels everywhere and has just left the ekka.

B715F61A-4941-4B70-BE21-B71129621125.thumb.jpeg.1df6af9d3c4da8232a92006068838672.jpeg

Twister.

Im assuming this ride will be a chairswinger type ride that is normally seen at fairs

AA0FB565-AC0A-484E-9BB8-23CBC5E8F8D6.thumb.jpeg.7df0080810aa74b8cdfcb52d9d2f7ee7.jpeg