Traveling fairs!

Tim Dasco

10 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

I can't complain. For anyone who is interested I am doing a magic show on the main stage from 9:30-10:15. Straight after the firework on the Friday night.

I hope it works out for you. Traditionally, fireworks are the finale to a show - most people head home after that.

Perth Royal Show ride list has now come out and I am about to cry. We are losing 6 rides this year with NO new rides.

Ride list:

• XXXL

• Wave swingers

• The Big ghost train

• Sky master Ferris Wheel

• Super Bowl

• Super Nova

• Star Flyer

• Splash down

• Speed

• Space Roller

• Sky Walker

• Sizzler

• Rage Ride

• Dodgems

• Orbitor

• Nitro

• Graviton

• Ghost Train

• Gee Whiz

• Flight Simulator

• 3D maze

• Cliff Hanger

• Chair Lift

• Big Slide

• 9D Cinema

Missing from last year: (I gather these are all going to go to RMS this year) Seems PRS making a loss last year meant ride operators don't won't to come back. This is going to be a bad year for PRS considering we already are in a collapsed economy now the Mining booms over.

• Thunder Bolt
  •  Avenger ride
  • Mega Drop 
  • Dark Ride
  • Python Loop
  • Ranger

New rides

• None

9 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Perth Royal Show ride list has now come out and I am about to cry. We are losing 6 rides this year with NO new rides.

damn.....:mellow: That ride lineup is ok, but nothing spectacular. Space Roller, Speed, Orbiter, Nitro and XXXL are all good rides though!

The Royal Melbourne Show ride lineup hasn't been announced yet. But here goes my prediction:

• Avenger (KMG Discovery 2.0)
  • Rebel (KMG Inversion)
  • Speed2, or, Freestyle (KMG Speed)
  • The Beast (KMG XXL)
  • Rock'n'Roll or Thunder Bolt (would be awesome if the TB came to melbourne, it's a more wild ride compared to R'nR)
  • Hangover
  • Mega Drop
  • Python Loop
  • Pirates Revenge (log flume)
  • Break Dance
  • No Limit
  • Dodgems
  • Hollywood Horrors
  • Power Surge
  • Alien Abduction
  • Crazy Coaster (Spinning Coaster)
  • Techno Jump
  • Taipan

Maybe pile:

• FreakOut (KMG Freakout). Considering 'The Beast' is a bigger, better version of this ride, the Freakout may not show.
  • Hardrock. Same thing, this is very similar to the FreakOut, the show organisers might deem it too similar.

I'm sure there will be more/i've missed out on some. But it's looking like a great selection this year.

Edited by Luke

With only 17 days till the IGA Perth Royal Show commences. The ride list has come out and officially one new ride has been confirmed and we have been told that more will be out soon. The new ride is called "The Extreme Thriller" which made its Debut to the major traveling show circuit this year (Adelaide Show) is making its way West and will be coming to the show this year. We will keep you updated as more rides are announced. This is good news considering some old classics not return like the Python Loop. Stay tuned for more infomation.

So I was right that it was coming west. Hopefully the other few new rides from the RAS coming to the PRS. :) Including the travelling pirate ship. That will get some people in the gates.

I have been trying to find some information on it now. From what I could find it was manufactured by ARM manufacturing. This company has discontinued this product according to their website it is no longer listed however they say they still sell replacement parts. This company is responsible for the Quasar (Flash Dance). The Super Bowl ride is for sale it is owned by a WA ride operator and it only taken around WA.

I wonder how much a new KMG XXL is worth, plus shipping to AUS. Double digit millions? And then how much in petrol/diesel it would cost is transport it around! I say it wouldn't be cheap. The Beast is $20 a ride, or $30 for 2 rides at the RMS this year. Not cheap to ride!

Edited by Luke

The Speed is $20 in PRS and the XXXL, Skywalker and a few others are $15. But also consider how much they have to pay to get the land. Python Loop would not be cheap to house their. That must have been the reason for it being sold. It went up to $15 a ride. But consider the PL is stored out the show ground for the whole year it wouldn't be cheap. A would say the ride itself would only be a couple of million considering the Freak out and Skywalker are only 1.5million according to media reports.

Edited by Tim Dasco

Perth Royal Show setup continues. Not long to go now. I am hoping to get some photos of set up this Saturday but no promises at this stage. Photo credit to https://www.facebook.com/carnivalamusements/?fref=ts

14322675_1074598895911262_499196578493334982_n.jpg

Also the RMS set up is coming along quickly. MD, PL and the Beast are nearly set up and ready to go. All Beast set up photos are from https://www.facebook.com/TheBeastRide/ and for anyone interested they have hundreds more set up photos and are going to release a set up video soon. 

14330079_338685419805644_8871302508634958463_n.jpg

14322469_338291943178325_6057747757224763489_n.jpg

14212698_338685749805611_3728241859145181318_n.jpg

14089131_338292083178311_2866349450791765957_n.jpg

14264197_338686199805566_3855510044561253419_n.jpg

14212740_338682993139220_7738847010486185150_n.jpg

14316996_338625899811596_7799946773962639428_n.jpg

14292299_338686083138911_7627767364979934837_n.jpg

The KMG xxl (The Beast) is a marvel of engineering and design. I find it amazing how a 40 metre tall pendulum structure (with a swing height of 47 metres - much taller than the claw @ dreamworld) can operate without the need for permanent concrete anchorage, AND then can neatly pack up into three semi-trailers, AND assemble/dissasemble itself without the need of a crane! I find the portability aspect of all carnival rides fascinating. They are extremely complex when you think about how much there is to consider when designing such things.

Here's a teaser to the set-up video:

Edited by Luke

I thought I would give an insight into some of the smaller fairs around, considering most of the majors have gone to either Perth or Melbourne. This is the Spring Festival in Peakhurst. The fair used to get a lot of attention, with rides like Rok And Rol, Hurricane, Top Gun, Shockwave (double ranger) and Flashdance.

This year however, there are only 4 thrill rides. The Dodgmes, Ultimate Party Machine, Super Trooper and Round Up. This isn't a bad lineup, but they've cut 3 thrill rides (hurricane and sizzler) which is pretty poor. I was pretty surprised that the Ultimate Party Machine turned up, as I've never seen it around, anyway, onto the lineup.

Thrill Rides:

Ultimate Party Machine

Dodgems

Round Up

Family/Kids rides:

Jungle Train

Wild Chairs 

Teacups

Mini rockin' tug

Chair-O-Planes

Joy Wheel

I had a chance to visit the Royal Melbourne Show during this week. Very well organised this year, with lots to see and do. The ride selection this year was fantastic, heaps of variety for all age groups and thrill-seeker levels.

The Beast (KMG XXL) did not disappoint. The ride dominated the skyline, and everyone that walked past ogled at the ride. It's definitely an impressive sight, especially when the gondola flies above the mid-way path. The motion of the ride is very smooth and comfortable, making for a very re-rideable ride. The biggest surprise for me is that it didn't feel 'portable', it felt like a permanent park model flat ride. The height at the top of the swing, and the speed you hit at the bottom of the swing are both breathtaking moments. It is thrilling, but not too extreme compared to rides like Freestyle, No Limit or Rebel. I still think the Claw at DW delivers a slightly better ride; it's motor feels more aggressive - heaving you down as you reach the top of the swing - making you come out of your seat. The Beast doesn't offer airtime as intense as the claw, perhaps it's to do with the seats facing inwards. Overall, a very solid ride that I could ride over and over again.

Here's a POV I shot:

From your great news comes bad news in the Perth Royal Show. A large amount of rides were missing this year with one new attraction and some smaller rides replacing missing attractions. There were gaps between every rides with just construction fence separating them. It was a sad year as last year attendance was down by 50,000 from the original 400,000 people. As I was working their my boss had to pay $8,000 to rent a pavilion and the price is going up every year and that is why at least 60 tenants did not return this year and a why the East coast rides did not head over.  So we had the Extreme Thriller and Lukes electric speedway come over as new rides and the Zipper and Super Sizzler return this year. However we lost the Space Roller, Mega Drop, Thunder Bolt, Python Loop, Avenger and Ranger. So that was disappointing however the fireworks were great and they did not disappoint as always. Cradile do an amazing job and their work is just beautiful. I did find out from some mates that the Python Loop and Bumper Cars took on 40,000 riders each at last years show. Thats an impressive amount from one week a year.

Just thought I would upload a few photos from the IGA Perth Royal Show 2016. These were taken on an iPhone at night but I think they look pretty good. I will try and get better photos tomorrow during my lunch break (if the crowds are not to busy so I can have one) If not I will be working there all week so I can try later.

XXXL all shining in her glory.

14423736_562368473958471_1101461628_o.jpg

14423809_562368377291814_1052764393_o.jpg

Cliff Hanger giving riders a fun time.

14438877_562368423958476_461222226_o.jpg

Speed 2 and the Zipper ready to make for some fun times/spewing.

14423870_562368387291813_308903528_o.jpg

From the side of sideshow alley.

14446536_562368830625102_1329756267_o.jpg

The refurbished Gee Whiz.

14456852_562368527291799_2133637709_o.jpg

The Super Bowl.

14466459_562368410625144_1825118095_o.jpg