Traveling fairs!

Tim Dasco

• 3 months later...

I stumbled across this video and thought it was worth a share. This is Super Turbo, one of the only operating Chance Turbo's in the world, and has just been refurbished by (I believe) TPA Shows. This unit is particularly special, as it can run forwards and backwards. Not sure if it's going to be travelling the show circuit or not, but it would be amazing to see. The video was posted on December 7.

Edited by Wil_i_am_not

• 1 month later...

Fellow Melbournians, here's the official ride list for Moomba 2017:

• Sea Circus 
  • Crazy Cars
  • Samba Balloon Ride
  • Slingshot
  • Freak Out
  • Magic Circus
  • RockNRoll
  • Rockstar
  • Ferris Wheel
  • Kite Flyer
  • Jumbo Flying Elephants
  • Auto Racer
  • Wacky Worm Coaster
  • Sky Flyer
  • The Beast
  • XXXL
  • Speed 2
  • Alien Abduction
  • Outback Monster Trucks
  • Pirates Revenge
  • Fantasy Flyer
  • Sky Walker
  • No Limit Ride
  • Wave Swinger
  • Fantasy Merry-go-Round
  • Chopper Bikes
  • Free Fall
  • Mini Chairs
  • Fungee Bungees
  • The Spook Castle
  • Crazy Coaster
  • Star of the Show

The easter show line up has just been posted, including some new rides. So, here we go. 

Coca Cola Carnival

• Alien Abduction
  • Space Roller
  • Crazy Spinning Coaster
  • Pirates Revenge
  • Psychodelic
  • Motor Racing Simulator (NEW)
  • Xtreme
  • Magic Circus
  • Rock 'n' Roll
  • Sky Flyer
  • Skymaster Wheel
  • Slingshot
  • Speed 2
  • Wave Swinger
  • Crazy Cars
  • Dodgem Cars
  • Mayhem Manor - Escape of the Zombies
  • Mega Drop
  • No Limit
  • XXXL
  • 9D Cinema
  • Freak Out
  • Haunted Hotel
  • Rock Star
  • Zipper
  • The Beast (NEW)
  • Nitro Coaster (NEW)
  • Breakdance
  • Cliff Hanger
  • Power Surge
  • The Spook
  • Avenger

Kids Carnival

• Rockin' Tug
  • Sea Circus
  • Wave Swinger 
  • Adventure Island Family Log Flume
  • Samba Balloons
  • Carousel
  • Cars 4 Kids
  • Mini Chairs
  • Kite Flyer
  • Animal Kingdom Jungle Safari
  • Super Slide
  • Wacky Worm Family Coaster
  • Jurassic Coaster
  • Jumbo Flying Elephants (New?)
  • Fantasy Cups
  • Free Fall
  • Outback Monster Trucks

Other

• High Country Pony Rides
  • Mini Railway
  • Kyle & Jackie O's Haunted House
  • Star of the Show
  • Royal Double Decker Carousel
  • Alpine Express

Overall, a pretty good lineup. I think some rides will end up getting kicked off to make room for new rides. Interesting seeing Freak Out and The Beast there at the same time, although I have a hunch that Freak Out will get kicked off. Shame we didn't see Turbo there, oh well. Maybe TPA's have a little bit more work to do on it before debuting it to the public. Also, I'm pretty sure that the 'Nitro Coaster' is the Python Loop that chants bought, unless it's one that's been imported under the radar. With this new addition, we saw Taipan kicked off, which is a shame as it's been attending the Sydney Show for quite some time.

• 1 month later...

Got to have a chat to Emily Pickett (who owns TPA) and she gave me some information about their newly refurbished Super Turbo

• It has been refurbished by her son.
  • A showman over in the US is currently refurbishing one as well, and used some plans given to them by the Picketts.
  • Emily doesn't know when it will debut or what shows it will do, but it will definitely do the majors like Sydney and also regionals.
  • The ride is currently sitting in TPA's Farm

Also, quick review on the 2 new rides at this years show.

The Beast: Wow, what a sensational ride! Great airtime and amazing force down the bottom. Definitely a great purchase for FJF. 

Turbo Coaster: This is Chant's newly refurbished roller coaster, that was bought as Python Loop. The ride has been given a new coat of paint, and it looks absolutely stunning. With motorbikes with dummy's placed all around the ride ( I'll get a pic tomorrow as I'm working most of the show). The experience, however doesn't at all compare. It was ridiculously rough and the only redeeming factor was the insane ejector airtime as I was sitting in the back seat. Also, I find it funny that they we're running 3 trains, when most of the rides on the Gold Coast only run 1 or 2, 😂😂

19 hours ago, Wil_i_am_not said:

Turbo Coaster: This is Chant's newly refurbished roller coaster, that was bought as Python Loop. The ride has been given a new coat of paint, and it looks absolutely stunning. With motorbikes with dummy's placed all around the ride ( I'll get a pic tomorrow as I'm working most of the show). The experience, however doesn't at all compare. It was ridiculously rough and the only redeeming factor was the insane ejector airtime as I was sitting in the back seat. Also, I find it funny that they we're running 3 trains, when most of the rides on the Gold Coast only run 1 or 2, 😂😂

I'm heading off to the Easter Show in a few days. Will give this ride a try if I get the chance. Do you get to pick your seats as well when you get on the ride, because I wouldn't mind experiencing the ejector airtime that Pinfari ZL42's give.

14 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Rumor has it this thing had a pretty serious collision?

Gold Coast Weather & News Together had an article on it but now I can't find it.

Post on Facebook

"We Went to the show yesterday, My friends went on the nitro ride, very dodgy, the ride malfunctioned and they were hurt.

This was the third lot of train carriages that became stuck due on the tracks before the end point where you get off, however all 3 of the train carriages got crashed into by another set of carriages, causing people to hit faces on the bars that you hold onto 2 males were spitting blood out of there mouths., neck pain and one girl was bleeding on her knees and elbow and both of my friends are still in pain with sore necks.

The worst part is was that even though the first train got stuck and smashed into, they still didn't stop the ride and allowed it to happen 2 more times. Eventually all the staff had to push the trains to the end point.
They were given a free ride ticket. We all had to leave because my friends were in too much pain.
We don't even know who to contact. We rang the show, and nobody knows anything, treating us like were dumb, then we have also rang the company chants we looked up there website and they keep hanging up. Something needs to be done, and this roller coaster is DANGEROUS! It should be shut down."

Reply by the show

"The RAS of NSW is aware of an incident that occurred yesterday on the Nitro Coaster ride. It was investigated and the matter was rectified after an engineer inspected and signed off on the ride.

Any persons that required assistance were attended to by medical staff at the time.

Some of the issues you have mentioned in your post are new information. However we have spoken with people that were involved in the incident and they have differing accounts to the ones you have raised. Please contact our Public Relations Manager tomorrow on 02 9704 1111 to give your details.

Kindest regards, Easter Show team"

ffffffffffffffffffffffffff.thumb.JPG.9e32cfce8091310696c8e5fbd22b607e.JPG

Edited by Skeeta

Jesus christ, had no idea! The red car (shown in the picture) was on the transfer track today and only had 2 cars instead of the usual 3, probably because of damage caused by a train smashing into the back of it. The ride was back open today and I rode again as I had complimentary coupons. Was much better this time and no head-banging, so it must of been the red car with all the problems. 

Popped into the Sydney Easter Show today. Went and did a few things.

It's great to see the majority of the Australian travelling rides all together in a single place - they've got the key ones as far as I know, such as the Speed, Pirate's Revenge, Freakout and Powersurge, all of which have made appearances at LPS in the past. I tried out a new one called "The Beast", which is basically the Freakout fed super steroids, that cost the whopping total of $15. If you look at the Beast and Freakout side by side, Freakout looks miniscule. I went on both and Freakout was a walk-on and only cost 7 coupons, while Beast was 15. 

However a thing I noticed was that the Taipan was not here today, and where it used to be now sits Grant's Pinfari ZL42. Good riddance to that thing - it was a boring ride, and it did not belong at Sea World.

And in terms of the new coaster, it is not a good ride. Now given, this is a travelling coaster and the single time I rode it was in the back row, but this ride was more of a headbanger than riding HWSW a week before maintenance with the Arrow trains. The presentation on the ride, however was great - probably because it is new and the ride just got a new coat of paint that it desperately needed when it operated as Python Loop. The ride has OTSRs on the trains, and they are not all that comfortable, especially for my 6"5 frame. Operations, however, was extremely quick, and the ride ran two trains all day, with the red one out of action for the time being.

17901747_540289709692344_1241340347_o.thumb.jpg.11c18d6c5376ed1a3f3e7f6fda3f82fe.jpg17902584_540289949692320_1937225208_o.thumb.jpg.40c83f6735a792ae038166a2d40ff6db.jpg17916740_540290336358948_2093105397_o.thumb.jpg.566aecca871d54dcb7b83b4941259b67.jpg17902768_540290126358969_963169796_o.thumb.jpg.43e581bea4b2ce4fdd7d28080bac5b08.jpg

17948584_540290053025643_1978717088_o.jpg

Yeah, we miss the old Python Loop, which  had been in WA since the mid nineties. There was a short period of time when Python Loop was competing against The Wild Mouse, which ended up at Aussie World. 

PL was certainly getting rough. It's layout is reportedly what the Indiana Jones coasters are based on. PL was painted a year before it was sold, but it looks to have been painted again.

People in the know at the Royal Show in Perth are promising great things. We'll just have to wait and see what exactly.

@XxMrYoshixX I was at the show on Thursday twilight, I agree with pretty much everything you've said.

The presentation was particularly good for the new coaster. You didn't quite catch them in your photos but the motorbike rider figures set up around the place looked excellent, and as you said, the paint job was shiny new.

As for the ride, it's the best coaster I've ridden at a carnival, though that isn't saying much. It has some decent height to it, and the loop was surprisingly good, not painful, and had some excellent hang time at the top, pretty much perfect zero Gs for a moment. It was a struggle but I managed to prevent headbanging by going full fighter pilot mode and counteracting the deadly lats. I wasn't in the back car, however.

I saved a snapchat I took of the loop that you can't really see in your photos, https://streamable.com/1a4d6 you can also see a few of the motorbike riders that were set up.

I wouldn't mind it as a permanent fixture at Luna Park, would certainly add to the place a little.

I also took a ride on the wacky worm that was there, as I'd never ridden it before and credits are few and far between in this country. Can't say it was the most dignifying experience of my life, but they sent us around 4 or 5 times, would have been almost value for money if you had a kid with you to make the most of it.

^ I also did the Wacky Worm to get the credit. I'm sure I looked like a big idiot riding it, but anything for a credit, right? 

As for your question @Noxegon, I spoke to Peter Short (co-owner of the Taipan) and they're still trying to get it onto shows from what I gathered, so not history just yet!

• 2 months later...