Traveling fairs!

Tim Dasco

1 hour ago, pin142 said:

Been years since I was last went to the Brisbane Show but am I correct in saying there are still booklets and vouchers for cheap rides? Making the effort this year and looking at going on some rides without having to take out a personal loan.

Cheap rides? That does not compute.

@Spotty or someone who knows the industry.  Are there now two Spinners in Australia, or has one unit replaced an older one? Or has it been repainted?

http://coaster-count.com/showmen/australia/australia

Coaster Count seems to suggest we have two units.

I've definitely been on the purple and teal one:

7703721558_8402481a6f_b.jpg

But is this one different? It's red and green with different signage.

9-3224948-twb060416toowoombashow12_fct900x675x22.0_ct460x345.jpg

Subtext: DC Rivals can be my #400th if I can ride 3 more coasters before opening day. I'll get the looper in Adelaide since I'll be there during the show, and hopefully Jurassic Coaster turns up too...but I need one more that isn't powered.....No chance that Nitro Coaster from Sydney will turn up at Ekka?

• 8 months later...

The Sydney Royal Easter Show is in full swing and we've gotten 1 new ride this year, the XScream Soundwave. The ride is Australia's first Waltzer from Fairtrade over in the UK and it provides a great, smooth ride with lot's of spinning. I mean a lot of spinning, wouldn't recommend if your not of fan of spin and spews.

Other than that though, the ride looks sensational, especially at night with all the strobes and smoke machines. The ride is travelling with Doyle Jnr and Jennifer Gill, who own the Alien Abduction as well.

IMG_0170.thumb.JPG.1e272efcb0e5f4d649035e603c94784a.JPGIMG_0176.thumb.JPG.2fdfed127a46ce064b566e30ede7ecf0.JPGIMG_0175.thumb.JPG.cf0c4b87985c10a65a4453dbb1165779.JPG 

• Like 3

Sound Wave has proven a big hit at the show this year, originally it was named XSCREAM WALTZER, but Doyle was wanting a different name, so we worked together on this signage, artwork for the front (SOUND WAVE) and flags were created by me to fit in with the existing theme.

It also gives one insane ride, its up there with the force of the Huss Break Dance's in Europe!

Edited by HussRainbow87

Awesome to hear you did the signage for the ride Huss, looks sensational. The ride still has evidence of its 'previous life' as the Waltzer, as the lights on the paybox in the middle of the ride still say 'XScream Waltzer. Had my first night ride the other night and must say it was an incredible experience. Got the GoPro aswell today, so I'll grab some footage this arvo. 

Are you working this year Huss? I'll have to come say hello to you haha!

I was at the show before we opened doing some graphic work for a few owners but came home on the first Saturday. I'll probably be back at the RES in 19.... until then I might be working on the Beast at Hawkesbury :-)

The waltzer is brand new, and was first set up in Melbourne at the Picketts yard, then went onto a festival at Craigeburn and then Moomba. The public has really responded to it, and surprisingly that intense spinning doesn't make you sick... well doesn't make me sick haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Caught 'Carnival Fever' at Cannington, yesterday.  It's on for three days at the Showgrounds there, just along from Carousel, one of the biggest shopping centres in Perth. Was stuck in traffic, when I saw the Star Flyer go up. Parking wasn't a problem and I'd already picked up a heavily discounted ticket($16) on Scoopon a couple of days before. It's great that it was one price entry, which included all of the rides (some of which normally reside at Hillary's) for all of the day. There was also a low budget WWE-style wrestling match, Honda quad bike desiplay team as well as face painting and a petting zoo. Lots of families were there enjoying some of the sunniest weather we've had in weeks.    

P6020435.JPG

P6020397.JPG

P6020400.JPG

P6020402.JPG

P6020458.JPG

P6020464.JPG

P6020398.JPG

P6020424.JPG

P6020416.JPG

P6020390.JPG

P6020471.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The EKKA have posted their ride lineup for this year, and to say it's lacklustre, is a massive understatement.

Thrill Rides/Attractions:

- Extreme

- Freak Out

- Rock 'N' Roll

- Speed 2

- The Beast

- XSCREAM Soundwave (New for EKKA)

- Hollywood Horrors

Family Rides:

- Alien Abduction

- Break Dance

- Cars4Kids

- Crazy Spinning Coaster

- Dragon Castle (New for EKKA - and Australia by the looks of it?)

- Euro Slide

- Expo Wheel

- Fantasy Flyer

- Fungee Bungee

- Groovy Bus

- Tea Cups

- Star Flyer

- Rockstar

- Jurassic coaster

- Jumbo Flying Elephants

- Mini Kids Ferris Wheel (New?)

- Outback monster trucks

- Pirates Revenge

- Race-O-Rama

- Double Decker Carousel

- Sea Circus

It could just be the fact that they haven't posted all the rides yet, but if not - it's missing A LOT of rides from previous years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I really hope that's not the full ride list, It's missing major rides like Space Roller, XXXL and a few others... I'll be very disappointed if that is the finalised lineup. By far the worst ride list for a capital show.

I don't think it is the full lineup. If it is, it would leave far too much space in Sideshow alley, for nothing.